800 dead babies found in septic tank

I'm not saying the Catholic Church is Satanic, but I wonder -- when the superstitious part of me thinks about this stuff -- if Satan has influence the undermining of The Church...

The Catholic Church is one of the most powerful institutions out there.

They put on a good face and have their Jesuit arm do the dirty work behind the scenes. Plenty of shady information on the Jesuits out there for those who are skeptical of their altruism.

That isn't a reflection on the teachings, it's more just the nature of such power structures to be used by people to push agendas.

I'm a recovering Catholic and stories like these awaken the superstitious side of me.

The idea I get is summarized by scenes in 2 movies.

1. The Usual Suspect

Verbal Kint: "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exits".

and

2. Constantine:

Has any organization or revelation done more to stigmatize the idea of God and religion than the actions of the Catholic Church? Rape, torture, experimentation, corruption, murder, molestation...The Church is not the Word, the Church is the people. Why are the people who commit such atrocities attracted to an organization that follows the teachings of Jesus Christ? And how do they rise into influential and protected positions?

I'm not saying the Catholic Church is Satanic, but I wonder -- when the superstitious part of me thinks about this stuff -- if Satan has influence the undermining of The Church...

you can't tell right from wrong is you don't have a wrong.

you can't push a magic place called heaven if you don't have a hell

let that sink in

you can't tell right from wrong is you don't have a wrong.

you can't push a magic place called heaven if you don't have a hell

let that sink in

But things like war, murder, and plagues pre-date J.C. and the Bible.
The Message is solid and doesn't need their machinations behind the green curtain to convince people life is hard. Besides that, the evil doings of the Catholic Church were kept very hush hush for as long as possible. They weren't creating a market for their product, they were tainting their image/product with these actions. Ireland is a perfect example.

But things like war, murder, and plagues pre-date J.C. and the Bible.
The Message is solid and doesn't need their machinations behind the green curtain to convince people life is hard. Besides that, the evil doings of the Catholic Church were kept very hush hush for as long as possible. They weren't creating a market for their product, they were tainting their image/product with these actions. Ireland is a perfect example.

by all means I agree with you but to just single out Catholics is a bit harsh in the eugenics sandbox come on every known religion out there is guilty this just happen to be on the Catholics

maybe I'm not following you right but none the less religion is both good and bad depending how you view it was kind of my point

by all means I agree with you but to just single out Catholics is a bit harsh in the eugenics sandbox come on every known religion out there is guilty this just happen to be on the Catholics

maybe I'm not following you right but none the less religion is both good and bad depending how you view it was kind of my point

Okay, I gotcha now.

And to be clear, my post were just the superstitious fears of mine that I don't even think about until I read of something like this happening.

Okay, I gotcha now.

And to be clear, my post were just the superstitious fears of mine that I don't even think about until I read of something like this happening.

do worry about it man I have a lot of the same thoughts as you did about this

A lot of the children were from widowed/divorced mothers who were forced into the Magdalena laundries under pressure from the church. In case you don't know that's the section of the Catholic church responsible for pushing thousands of women put into sex slavery before being murdered. Just in case you confuse it with the section of the Catholic church responsible for murdering children. Or the section of the catholic church that rapes children. Or the section of the Catholic church that experiments on children.

The same foster homes in question here have also been found to have illegally experimented on thousands of children. They hid the experimentations from the government and their families, but they were publicly released in medical journals.

In the 1970s the grave was found and quickly covered up by a local priest.

There isn't a single family home in Ireland without some horror story to tell about life under the church so I never know why the fuck anyone wastes their breaths defending them anymore. It seems like everytime someone gives them the benefit of the doubt some other horrible shit comes out about their past. What's worse this is just one home of many so this is likely only the tip of the iceberg.

Sinead o Connor seems a lot more reasonable when you put it that way. But church, like politics, is often about selling a message to the sheep in order to achieve power.

Back