800 dead babies found in septic tank

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
800 dead babies found at a former home run by the Catholic church in Ireland. They were originally believed to be from the famine era but now thought to be from the 20th century. The home in question opened in 1926 and closed in 1961.

http://www.examiner.com/article/800...esome-find-on-site-of-old-unwed-mother-s-home

Oh and just to drive in the nail

Frannie Hopkins was playing with a friend at the site back in 1975 when the pair noticed that one of the slabs covering an old septic tank had come loose.

"At the time we found a concrete slab over what I described at the time as a tank, I now see it was a tomb," he said.

"We removed the lid and we found that it was full of skeletons; they appeared to be that of children. They were tiny skeletons, there just seemed to be an awful lot for one small little grave.

"A few days later, our parents told us not to go there, that the priest had been there and had said Mass and prayers and that the grave had been covered up again."

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-the-grave-was-covered-up-again-30333565.html

Last edited:
Not to worry, the Catholic church will shrug its shoulders and say, "whoops, sorry" and everything will be alright again.

Maybe they were protestant children?

Before we all get crazy jumping to conclusions, as far as I can tell there's no evidence of foul play or murder here. Probably illegal burial of bodies, but they very well could have been natural deaths.

Also, before we string up the evil catholics, these places were just about the only people willing to take orphans and single mothers in. The nuns probably were wicked ****s that had no way to provide a decent home to these kids, but at least they were taking the kids that nobody else wanted, and some would get adopted and find a decent home.

Not to worry, the Catholic church will shrug its shoulders and say, "whoops, sorry" and everything will be alright again.

I think New Pope will buck the trend here.

Fucked up shit happening to children done by the Catholic Church?

BRB, trying to find my surprised face...

Before we all get crazy jumping to conclusions, as far as I can tell there's no evidence of foul play or murder here. Probably illegal burial of bodies, but they very well could have been natural deaths.

Also, before we string up the evil catholics, these places were just about the only people willing to take orphans and single mothers in. The nuns probably were wicked ****s that had no way to provide a decent home to these kids, but at least they were taking the kids that nobody else wanted, and some would get adopted and find a decent home.

A lot of the children were from widowed/divorced mothers who were forced into the Magdalena laundries under pressure from the church. In case you don't know that's the section of the Catholic church responsible for pushing thousands of women put into sex slavery before being murdered. Just in case you confuse it with the section of the Catholic church responsible for murdering children. Or the section of the catholic church that rapes children. Or the section of the Catholic church that experiments on children.

The same foster homes in question here have also been found to have illegally experimented on thousands of children. They hid the experimentations from the government and their families, but they were publicly released in medical journals.

In the 1970s the grave was found and quickly covered up by a local priest.

There isn't a single family home in Ireland without some horror story to tell about life under the church so I never know why the fuck anyone wastes their breaths defending them anymore. It seems like everytime someone gives them the benefit of the doubt some other horrible shit comes out about their past. What's worse this is just one home of many so this is likely only the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
....and if its not the church or pharma its bloody celebs!!!

I see the leap has already been made

This article=Religion is evil

Brilliant job Sherdoggers! You have enlightened all!

Come on man, your getting in the way of all these rebels who like to shit on religion. There is no place for pragmatism on sherdog.

Get Rust and Marty on the case, the fact they were kids will really get them going.

Back