80 DWTCS fights have led to over 50 UFC contracts

That's not what i'm saying at all.I'm saying they shouldn't sign everyone that walks in the door.
Again im gonna ask you, name some people they should not have signed. You keep posting the same thing but not specifically saying who you would have passed on this season.

Yeah July 11th (iirc) -August 7th so a little under 13 months.
You realize if they do the season same time every year than its once a year. So when June 2019 rolls around and there hasnt been another season its 1 per year.

You realize if they do the season same time every year than its once a year. Sowhen June 2019 rolls around and there hasnt been another season its 1 per year.

Yeah i'm retarded,next one in 10 months I think.I kinda flew through the thread.They will probably ramp it up anyway as it becomes more popular.

Again im gonna ask you, name some people they should not have signed. You keep posting the same thing but not specifically saying who you would have passed on this season.

I'm not wasting time finding each of the 50 something contracted fighters and looking into them each on something that would be our own opinions,that's stupid.

Last edited:
They've got some real good talent coming in from that show, I think it's going to help the UFC tremendously. We got Greg Hardy and Juan Adams for heavyweight, and they both look promising. Just Bevon Lewis alone makes the series worth it.

They've got some real good talent coming in from that show, I think it's going to help the UFC tremendously. We got Greg Hardy and Juan Adams for heavyweight, and they both look promising. Just Bevon Lewis alone makes the series worth it.

Definitely some good signings.

Then Sherdog puts Hardy annihilates Tebaris on the front page as if he's some savior that will conquer the UFC HW division. I go to the video to see the next great HW and watch this guy Hardy charge in with his hands held down low swinging wildly against a guy that looks like he trains really hard stuffing his face at all of the local greasy spoon joints. Hardy would get murdered in the UFC or Bellator's HW division.

You have to admit he showed a lot of potential and looked really good for a 2nd mma fight

Paul Felder joked that he may be out of a job soon. He ain't wrong. The UFC wants young hungry fighters. The days of Joe Lauzon or Jim Miller are gone. Dana wants young fighters, contenders, or Champions. That's it.

Dana wants many things.

in 5 months mma will be bigger than soccer.

This is absolutely ridiculous.Fans are pissed off enough with watered down cards and they are loading the roster with tons of fighters that don't belong in the UFC.Some of them belong in the UFC but most don't.It's bad enough they have fighters from TUF that couldn't even win a single fight there and have no business in the UFC getting contracts.I counted up the fights on The Contender Series and counted up how many of those led to a contract whether it be a contract directly from the show or a competitor from the show that didn't get a contract getting a late replacement fight in the UFC.

At this pace,six seasons (ending 2 years from now,2 seasons per calendar year) the show would lead to over 150 UFC contracts and 4 years from now would be over 250 contracts.Probably well over 250 considering they keep plucking former competitors out that didn't get contracts as late replacements.I would be fine with 1 contract per event or if they must than 2 but keep that semi rare.So far it's averaged over 3 contracts per 5 fight event.

This way they can be tougher in the negotiation room with veteran fighters as they have an army of fighters that'll jump at the opportunity to just be in the UFC.I could go on and on with the negatives that this has.I am one of the last people to complain about a card,in fact you'll never see me say a card sucks (soon maybe) but this is diluting a roster that they already had issues with that.I usually know every fighter before they even compete in the UFC and soon i'll be one of those annoying members that post "who" all the time.

What are you guys' feeling about this?
oprah-you-get-a-car.gif

TLDR: The Contender Series is giving out contracts at an alarming rate,what's your thoughts on it?
I remember when TUF fighters was a bad thing this is skipping over the tournament those fighters had to go through. Maybe they'll replace the weekly boxing events they had on ESPN before they got the Top Rank and Golden Boy events with watered down weekly UFC cards.

Yeah i'm retarded,next one in 10 months I think.I kinda flew through the thread.They will probably ramp it up anyway as it becomes more popular.

I'm not wasting time finding each of the 50 something contracted fighters and looking into them each on something that would be our own opinions,that's stupid.
This is the problem on sherdog, you create a thread making stupid claims. Someone challenges you on it and you cant answer. Here these are the season 2 signings, tell us all which ones you would not have signed.

Alonzo Menifield, Matt Sayles, Anthony Hernandez, Ryan Spann, Dwight Grant, Te'Jovan Edwards, Antonina Schevchenko, Bevon Lewis, Jordan Espinosa, Maycee Barber, Domingo Pilarte, Edmen Shahbazyan, Jim Crute, Sodiq Yusuff, Jeff Hughes, Roosevelt Roberts, Ian Heinisch, Jordan Griffin, Juan Adams, Devonte Smith, Kennedy Nzechukwu and Bobby Moffett.

Personally I'm really impressed with the talent the show is finding. There's lots to be excited about as a UFC/MMA fan moving forwards.

Great job explaining why. Whats your issue with Maycee Barber? She is a really good prospect.

Her fight sucked. She was 40 seconds away from it going to a decision, but the ref stopped it early. The strawweight division is already filled with "good prospects". She got signed because Dana has no integrity.

Hooper is 18 and did NOT get signed to a UFC deal, he was given a developmental deal. Schevchenko looked lost in a lot of areas, thats true but her muay thai is very strong.

He's not even good enough for a developmental deal. He has no fight IQ and his fight looked more like a backyard brawl. It was fun to watch, but beyond amateurish.

As for Schevchenko, she only got signed because of her sister. This isn't muay thai, it's MMA, but I'm sure Mr. Integrity will give her plenty of d-level cans to build her up.

Her fight sucked. She was 40 seconds away from it going to a decision, but the ref stopped it early. The strawweight division is already filled with "good prospects". She got signed because Dana has no integrity.

He's not even good enough for a developmental deal. He has no fight IQ and his fight looked more like a backyard brawl. It was fun to watch, but beyond amateurish.

As for Schevchenko, she only got signed because of her sister. This isn't muay thai, it's MMA, but I'm sure Mr. Integrity will give her plenty of d-level cans to build her up.
Dude Hooper is 18 and Barber is 20. Seriously do you expect them to be challenging for titles this year? Obviously not so relax a little, both are good prospects. There is literally only upside here for both, if they suck then so be it, cost them next to nothing.

my thoughts are, quit bitching and enjoy the fights.

i watch every single card and enjoy it, whether it's weak or not.

we get fights every tuesday now, it's fucking awesome so i dunno what your problem is.

This is the problem on sherdog, you create a thread making stupid claims. Someone challenges you on it and you cant answer. Here these are the season 2 signings, tell us all which ones you would not have signed.

Alonzo Menifield, Matt Sayles, Anthony Hernandez, Ryan Spann, Dwight Grant, Te'Jovan Edwards, Antonina Schevchenko, Bevon Lewis, Jordan Espinosa, Maycee Barber, Domingo Pilarte, Edmen Shahbazyan, Jim Crute, Sodiq Yusuff, Jeff Hughes, Roosevelt Roberts, Ian Heinisch, Jordan Griffin, Juan Adams, Devonte Smith, Kennedy Nzechukwu and Bobby Moffett.

They made a bunch of great signing but not every decent fighter should be in the UFC.The roster is huge already,they should be more selective than they have been in my opinion.I'm not going through records of everyone they signed i'll just post some that jump out at me.You can make a case for any good fighter,doesn't mean they should all be in the UFC.And of course,which seems to be something you can't wrap your head around,it's my opinion.

Michael Rodriguez
Brandon Davis
Austin Arnett
Matt Bessette
Steven Peterson
Charles Byrd
Grant Dawson
Mike Santiago
Matt Frevola
Josh Parisian OK simply because he's a HW
Domingo Pilarte
Edmen Shahbazyan
Chase Hooper development deal but what is it a 5 year one?Horrible.
Antonina Shevchenko should have been a development deal

If they signed everyone on these guys' levels you'd have thousands on the roster.For some reason you think every good fighter should be signed.

This is absolutely ridiculous.Fans are pissed off enough with watered down cards and they are loading the roster with tons of fighters that don't belong in the UFC.Some of them belong in the UFC but most don't.It's bad enough they have fighters from TUF that couldn't even win a single fight there and have no business in the UFC getting contracts.I counted up the fights on The Contender Series and counted up how many of those led to a contract whether it be a contract directly from the show or a competitor from the show that didn't get a contract getting a late replacement fight in the UFC.

At this pace,six seasons (ending 2 years from now,2 seasons per calendar year) the show would lead to over 150 UFC contracts and 4 years from now would be over 250 contracts.Probably well over 250 considering they keep plucking former competitors out that didn't get contracts as late replacements.I would be fine with 1 contract per event or if they must than 2 but keep that semi rare.So far it's averaged over 3 contracts per 5 fight event.

This way they can be tougher in the negotiation room with veteran fighters as they have an army of fighters that'll jump at the opportunity to just be in the UFC.I could go on and on with the negatives that this has.I am one of the last people to complain about a card,in fact you'll never see me say a card sucks (soon maybe) but this is diluting a roster that they already had issues with that.I usually know every fighter before they even compete in the UFC and soon i'll be one of those annoying members that post "who" all the time.

What are you guys' feeling about this?
oprah-you-get-a-car.gif

TLDR: The Contender Series is giving out contracts at an alarming rate,what's your thoughts on it?

All you do is make prospects from it fight each other then you get a super prospect that can make you money

Dana is a genius(at least at fight promoting)

my thoughts are, quit bitching and enjoy the fights.

i watch every single card and enjoy it, whether it's weak or not.

we get fights every tuesday now, it's fucking awesome so i dunno what your problem is.

I do watch every card,I have missed 2 UFC's as they happened since it came back on PPV,one because I was on a plane and one because of an ammonia spill at work.I'm not complaining about the events,they are great,i'm simply saying I don't think they need to sign over 3 fighters per 5 fight event.I'm not sure why people are acting like i'm complaining about the fights.

It does seem fairly hefty. I look at them they way I look at over half the roster or rather mostly don't. Generally it takes a few scraps or a thread here to gain my eye. I'm, sure plenty will come and go without much thought by the UFC or fans.

Also don't we have all these additional cards to be filling in 2019? They have already pulled some from the pool to cards.

All you do is make prospects from it fight each other then you get a super prospect that can make you money

Dana is a genius(at least at fight promoting)

Also leading to tougher negotiations for veterans and a lot of higher $ guys being let go to keep the roster at a size they need while making it cheaper for them.Also leading to fighters fighting less as they won't need them as often.There's a bunch of things it effect,it's just not so simple.Some awesome signings so far and some mediocre ones.

Last edited:
It does seem fairly hefty. I look at them they way I look at over half the roster or rather mostly don't. Generally it takes a few scraps or a thread here to gain my eye. I'm, sure plenty will come and go without much thought by the UFC or fans.

Also don't we have all these additional cards to be filling in 2019? They have already pulled some from the pool to cards.

Do you know what next year looks like compared this year # of events wise?

They made a bunch of great signing but not every decent fighter should be in the UFC.The roster is huge already,they should be more selective than they have been in my opinion.I'm not going through records of everyone they signed i'll just post some that jump out at me.You can make a case for any good fighter,doesn't mean they should all be in the UFC.And of course,which seems to be something you can't wrap your head around,it's my opinion.

Michael Rodriguez
Brandon Davis
Austin Arnett
Matt Bessette
Steven Peterson
Charles Byrd
Grant Dawson
Mike Santiago
Matt Frevola
Josh Parisian OK simply because he's a HW
Domingo Pilarte
Edmen Shahbazyan
Chase Hooper development deal but what is it a 5 year one?Horrible.
Antonina Shevchenko should have been a development deal

If they signed everyone on these guys' levels you'd have thousands on the roster.For some reason you think every good fighter should be signed.

Here is something you should try wrapping your head around, opinions can be wrong and in this case yours is wrong. First of all the math you sued in the thread was so far off.

This quote is the best part imo "I usually know every fighter before they even compete in the UFC and soon i'll be one of those annoying members that post "who" all the time" Why would you know everyone before they enter the UFC and now suddenly due to the contender series you dont know people outside the UFC? You act like the UFC only signed the most elite fighters and ones who already had a fan following. This thread is very dumb honestly.

Back