80 DWTCS fights have led to over 50 UFC contracts

'contracts' don't mean a lot, some of them might just be for one fight to see if they're really on the level, then if they lose they get shitcanned. Most of them will be cut by this time next year but they might find a few legit talents, that's the whole point of the show.

Yeah I watched every event.They are generally very exciting I just think over 50 contracts in one year is way too much but that's simply my opinion.

I think the number is unsettling at first.

But UFC is always signing guys. Good fights in front of UFC scouts happen all the time. We're just bottling and filming the process.

Considering every fight on this show is supposedly for a contract, and almost 50% of the winners getting turned down.. I don't think it's too bad. Mostly when you consider majority of the fights have been pretty good. Not too many stinkers on the show.

Specifically which guys are not deserving of contracts? Name me like 10 about for context

I can name 3: Antonina Shevchenko, Maycee Barber, Chase Hooper.

Right now the ufc is in a shift. Most stars are fading and its time to bring in the new breed of MMA fighters. This show gives them a great platform they wouldnt have to show their skills. The show is also about creating content.

Go look at what Dana told Alverez to see the current mindstate of the UFC. I think this thread is highly exaggerated.

I’ll never complain about too much MMA. I remember the days when I had to scrounge around the novelty sections of video stores to find MMA fights. Cage Rage for days.

I agree,more mma is better and yeah I still have 2 giant trash bags of VHS' in my basement that I can't get myself to throw away.I watched UFC 1 as it happened and watched everything I could get my hands on.I just think there's so much great talent out there that they simply don't want to pay extra money for and instead just loading the roster with guys they can get with bottom dollar.I like it,I just think they are signing way too many.

thank god it finally paid off and they discovered greg "Wife beating fedor" hardy

This is absolutely ridiculous.Fans are pissed off enough with watered down cards and they are loading the roster with tons of fighters that don't belong in the UFC.Some of them belong in the UFC but most don't.It's bad enough they have fighters from TUF that couldn't even win a single fight there and have no business in the UFC getting contracts.I counted up the fights on The Contender Series and counted up how many of those led to a contract whether it be a contract directly from the show or a competitor from the show that didn't get a contract getting a late replacement fight in the UFC.

At this pace,six seasons (ending 2 years from now,2 seasons per calendar year) the show would lead to over 150 UFC contracts and 4 years from now would be over 250 contracts.Probably well over 250 considering they keep plucking former competitors out that didn't get contracts as late replacements.I would be fine with 1 contract per event or if they must than 2 but keep that semi rare.So far it's averaged over 3 contracts per 5 fight event.

This way they can be tougher in the negotiation room with veteran fighters as they have an army of fighters that'll jump at the opportunity to just be in the UFC.I could go on and on with the negatives that this has.I am one of the last people to complain about a card,in fact you'll never see me say a card sucks (soon maybe) but this is diluting a roster that they already had issues with that.I usually know every fighter before they even compete in the UFC and soon i'll be one of those annoying members that post "who" all the time.

What are you guys' feeling about this?
oprah-you-get-a-car.gif

TLDR: The Contender Series is giving out contracts at an alarming rate,what's your thoughts on it?
You are sure about 2 seasons per year? Last year there was one, this year just one too.

Anyway, i like Contender series. it builds up guys who after I will watch on prelims or higher. It already generated one hype train in O'malley who has nice style, there are some guys who come to bang. Perez is on 3-0 win streak.

Also: there's lot's of HW /LHW fights and this is crucial concerning state of these divisions.

We are already having threads about Greg Hardy and he didn't fought once in UFC yet.
Instead of "i dunno who this guy on prelims is" it's "oh x is fighting today".

here are some stats how the guys are actually doing in UFC after getting signed:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...es-contender-series-are-doing-in-ufc.3693219/

You are sure about 2 seasons per year? Last year there was one, this year just one too.

Anyway, i like Contender series. it builds up guys who after I will watch on prelims or higher. It already generated one hype train in O'malley who has nice style, there are some guys who come to bang. Perez is on 3-0 win streak.

Also: there's lot's of HW /LHW fights and this is crucial concerning state of these divisions.

We are already having threads about Greg Hardy and he didn't fought once in UFC yet.
Instead of "i dunno who this guy on prelims is" it's "oh x is fighting today".

here are some stats how the guys are actually doing in UFC after getting signed:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...es-contender-series-are-doing-in-ufc.3693219/

Yeah July 11th (iirc) -August 7th so a little under 13 months.

I'll take as much mma as I can get.I think the show is great and it's a great platform for new talent,i'm just saying I think they are signing too many fighters and should be more selective.People are acting like I think the whole thing is bad lol.

Paul Felder joked that he may be out of a job soon. He ain't wrong. The UFC wants young hungry fighters. The days of Joe Lauzon or Jim Miller are gone. Dana wants young fighters, contenders, or Champions. That's it.

So we want them to develop talent but not by signing new fighters and bringing fresh blood into stagnant divisions. Instead, we demand title shots for guys who've been in the UFC for a decade and are 35+ because THAT'S a future superstar!

Good logic TS

That's not what i'm saying at all.I'm saying they shouldn't sign everyone that walks in the door.

Suprised they are adding so many fighters when everyone knows ufc is dying

I don't mind all the young talents being signed I'm not like most sherdoggers who if I don't know who you are that means you're trash.

I would like it tho of they got rid of them aging vets who are inactive in their mid to late 30's that are no where near a title shot and aren't exciting. When they sign some new fighters let some older ones go. We don't need 700 fighters on the roster

I mean it's a win win for the UFC. They stock pile fighters and prevent them from joining other organizations. They need bodies for those overseas fight pass cards.

Then Sherdog puts Hardy annihilates Tebaris on the front page as if he's some savior that will conquer the UFC HW division. I go to the video to see the next great HW and watch this guy Hardy charge in with his hands held down low swinging wildly against a guy that looks like he trains really hard stuffing his face at all of the local greasy spoon joints. Hardy would get murdered in the UFC or Bellator's HW division.

This is the UFC's reaction to the Conor phenomenon of everybody demanding higher pay. Now they have a crop of fighters they don't have to pay shit.

I loved the show last yr. it was still good this year but a lot of stupid fights where they threw total bums in there with top prospects. Just give those dudes contracts instead of wasting people’s time

I loved the show last yr. it was still good this year but a lot of stupid fights where they threw total bums in there with top prospects. Just give those dudes contracts instead of wasting people’s time

There were a lot more showcase fights on paper this season.

I can name 3: Antonina Shevchenko, Maycee Barber, Chase Hooper.
Great job explaining why. Whats your issue with Maycee Barber? She is a really good prospect. Hooper is 18 and did NOT get signed to a UFC deal, he was given a developmental deal. Schevchenko looked lost in a lot of areas, thats true but her muay thai is very strong.

This is absolutely ridiculous.Fans are pissed off enough with watered down cards and they are loading the roster with tons of fighters that don't belong in the UFC.Some of them belong in the UFC but most don't.It's bad enough they have fighters from TUF that couldn't even win a single fight there and have no business in the UFC getting contracts.I counted up the fights on The Contender Series and counted up how many of those led to a contract whether it be a contract directly from the show or a competitor from the show that didn't get a contract getting a late replacement fight in the UFC.

At this pace,six seasons (ending 2 years from now,2 seasons per calendar year) the show would lead to over 150 UFC contracts and 4 years from now would be over 250 contracts.Probably well over 250 considering they keep plucking former competitors out that didn't get contracts as late replacements.I would be fine with 1 contract per event or if they must than 2 but keep that semi rare.So far it's averaged over 3 contracts per 5 fight event.

This way they can be tougher in the negotiation room with veteran fighters as they have an army of fighters that'll jump at the opportunity to just be in the UFC.I could go on and on with the negatives that this has.I am one of the last people to complain about a card,in fact you'll never see me say a card sucks (soon maybe) but this is diluting a roster that they already had issues with that.I usually know every fighter before they even compete in the UFC and soon i'll be one of those annoying members that post "who" all the time.

What are you guys' feeling about this?
oprah-you-get-a-car.gif

TLDR: The Contender Series is giving out contracts at an alarming rate,what's your thoughts on it?

It fuckin sucks. All these simpletons will say "more fights=more better", but they don't acknowledge that we could watch all the same fights under another banner. These guys could either fight in another org or in an official minor league of the UFC.

When you consider the number of fighters getting contracts for winning there, plus the ones who get late replacement contracts, plus all the other randoms who get that call, there will be over 1,000 fighters on the roster at some point next year, if there aren't already. There are 12 divisions. Who in their right fuckin mind thinks someone outside the top 100 at their weight should be in the UFC? How can you possibly say that is good for anyone involved?

At the absolute most it should be the top 50 guys in each division. And to be fair you could say top 30 in the women's divisions. That knocks it down to 520 fighters. Give or take some prospects, freak shows, and old legends. So the limit should be about 550, as things are now. And this should be published to promote exclusivity. Instead of broadcasting that a KO on Dana White's Bum Fights gets you into "the world's premier mma organization".

Back