8 years since Karate prospect came into the UFC.....

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Machida 2007
Whittaker 2012
Wonderboy 2012
Gunnar 2012
Horiguchi 2013

Then.....no more.

It's been MORE than 8 years since a prospect with Karate background came to the UFC...and I don't see any promising prospects with karate background else where...I remember the hype behind Machida, Gunnar and Horiguchi before they came over...not much at all behind Robert in hindsight, who knew? I'd think if they were around, I'd have heard but no....

I'd love to see more fighters with karate background come over...but sadly I'm not sure it will happen any time soon...

Machida 2007
Whittaker 2012
Wonderboy 2012
Gunnar 2012
Horiguchi 2013

Then.....no more.

It's been MORE than 8 years since a prospect with Karate background came to the UFC...and I don't see any promising prospects with karate background else where...I remember the hype behind Machida, Gunnar and Horiguchi before they came over...not much at all behind Robert in hindsight, who knew? I'd think if they were around, I'd have heard but no....

I'd love to see more fighters with karate background come over...but sadly I'm not sure it will happen any time soon...
McGregor had a karate background. So did Sage. Cejudo's striking was karate based.

It's funny you mention Karate because I've been a K-1 kick recently and fell in love with Kyokushin, specifically. A lot of people shit on it Karate but Kyokushin is badass. Guys are brutal.

Hug, Filho, Greco, etc. Monsters. Love it.
I was a fan of kyokushin but God damn do they fall apart when they get punched in the face.

For a group of people that train getting kicked in the head on the regular they turn into a pile of mush after a face punch.

I was a fan of kyokushin but God damn do they fall apart when they get punched in the face.

For a group of people that train getting kicked in the head on the regular they turn into a pile of mush after a face punch.

It is a bit silly sometimes to see their reaction to punches to the face. I think a lot of it is show just because they know the strike is illegal but from the neck down? Iron!

Karates in the Olympics now..no need for UFC... I believe it starts tonight the Kumite

Tanner Boser is a Karate blackbelt of some kind. But he sucks at using it for the most part

karate sucks / thread....like saying where are all the wing chun and /or Aikido guys. lmao

Back