8 UFC Superfights That Could Happen in 2015

Aldo vs Pettis or Jones vs Cain are only fights that have the possibility of happening but no way in 2015.

I think Cormier will get a rematch in late 2015 or early 2016 once he collects a few wins, Jones will need to fight winner of Gus/Johnson...Cain will probably fight once in 2015 once he has recovered and it won't be at LHW.

Pettis needs to defend his title more than once to warrant a superfight.

Nome of them will happen.

Also, I don't consider 3 or 4 or (objectively) 7 to be Super Fights.

Here is their list:

1) Brock Lesnar vs. Fedor Emelianenko
2) Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre
3) Ben Askren vs. Robbie Lawler (or Johny Hendricks)
4) T.J. Dillashaw vs. Demetrious Johnson
5) Anthony Pettis vs. Jose Aldo
6) Jon Jones vs. Chris Weidman
7) Ronda Rousey vs. Cris "Cyborg" Justino
8) Cain Velasquez vs. Jon Jones

1) Never gonna happen. Fedor will never fight in the UFC unless he leaves M1.
2) GSP, should he return, will be far more busy taking on the WW champ in 2015.
3) Askren won't get an immediate title shot. He'd need 1-2 wins first.
4) Not a chance. It's not even being pulled for.
5) Would be great, but I wouldn't expect it in 2015. Pettis has Dos Anjos and the Cowboy/Khabib winner first.
6) They aren't going to throw another middleweight against Jones when he needs a good post-cocaine match.
7) This is the ONLY fight on this list which has a chance of happening, and it's still not a great chance. It will only happen at 135.
8) We'll be lucky to see Cain vs Werdum in 2015, much less anybody else. Plus Jones has his recovery issues.

What was the criteria, that the fighters are both alive?

If Aldo vs Pettis happens, it will be the most skilled p4p fight mma has ever seen. Two top 5 p4p fighters in their prime and of about equal size... Plz let this happen.

I'd call Jones v Weidman a squash match.

Also, I don't consider Silva - StPierre a super fight any more.

The hype train is long gone. Missed opportunity, just an interesting match-up now.

2009-2011 was the time frame for it. I'd still love to see it and it would still be a super fight IMO they're 2 of the greatest fighters of all time.

Some of those are just champion vs champion which UFC will never do. Others are just pipe dreams.

To summarize, it was a slow news day, and the editors at BR wanted something that bored fans could click on, so they made up a list of fights that "could" happen.

I still don't know why anyone really wants to see Brock vs Fedor.

Anthony Pettis vs Rory Macdonald
Conor Mcgregor vs Ben askren
T.J Dillashaw vs Doo ho choi
Demetrious Johnson vs Cyborg Cris Justino
Ronda Rousey vs Floyd Mayweather
and finally, Jose Aldo + GSP vs Cain Velasquez

Back