Law 75% of Americans want to keep preexisting condition protection

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Chill out dude.

Lots of prenatal care (where the costs rack up) are preventive and are immune from the deductible.

You arent even trying to understand the other point of view tho. Have a good night guy

I am always open to other suggestions. Just point to where your ideas have been implemented and share the results as I have done. Which I suspect will be hard for you since you admit yourself you do not have a clear cut solution.

It sounds as though you don't want an insurance model or a universal model. You prefer a model with neither, where people just pay for their care out of pocket when they need it and just kind of scower around for the best care they can afford with whatever they can scrape together. Also known as the 'Ye Olde Times' or 'Every Man for Himself' models. If you look around, there are still a few places on the globe operating these models. Not sure if you would to go there for your healthcare though.

Last edited:
My issue isn't with bloodwork or hospitals at all. Quite the contrary. It's with said bloodwork costing somebody $500. Because you don't actually pay 500 out of pocket you are happy. Because insurance companies make so much off their customers they are happy to pay it.

There is absolutely zero incentive to lower cost.

unfortunately for my position, I dont have a clear cut solution. Without insurance people would demand lower costs or wouldnt show up. Supply/demand and all that. On the other hand, people are so afraid of their own mortality they'd jump off a cliff if they thought it would save them. It's such a FUBAR situation that I want government as far away as possible from it

Monetary cost is the last thing that should be on the mind of someone's mind who isn't well. They should be focused on getting better and that's it.

This is where I take issue with the matter. I'm against a progressive tax system and other variations of the rich subsidizing the poor. (UHC)

Again, my reasoning is based in my principles. Feel free to disagree with me, but I'm not a leaf blowing in the wind of the parties draft

Sounds good to me. If your principles are sound though, they should work. Where are they working?

Give me the examples. Show me the utopian societies without progressive tax systems that are thriving.

That would not be easy in this day and age. But if you know your history, it should be pretty easy give some examples from centuries past. I'll give you a hint. Most of them had a thriving slave industry. Non progressive tax models work a lot better when most of your labor costs are as close to 0 as possible.

Since you're a great genius according to yourself, maybe you can explain how 75% want to keep preexisting condition protection, yet a majority oppose having a mandate.

hi there notradumbass,

that's easy explain.

its the same math challenged voters who insist they want a balanced budget and that deficit spending is the purest sort of fiscal evil, but also want to keep their social security, medicare, and medicaid checks untouched....and also are very insistent that our military maintains its robust and bloated status...and believe that taxes need to be lower, much lower.

they're unable to perform simple arithmetic, and this ends up hampering some of their other analytical abilities.

to put it more simply, they're stupid.

- IGIT

Last edited:
I just crashed my car into a nice BMW. Both cars are a total loss.

CAN I NOW BUY CAR INSURANCE FOR THIS PRE-EXISTING CONDITION?

I feel like 72% of people don't understand what "insurance" means. Can I wait until I get cancer to start paying for insurance? I will save lots of money until I need it.

Hmmm. This guy doesn’t understand the difference between humans and cars. What a terrible analogy

Back