Law 75% of Americans want to keep preexisting condition protection

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
I just crashed my car into a nice BMW. Both cars are a total loss.

CAN I NOW BUY CAR INSURANCE FOR THIS PRE-EXISTING CONDITION?

I feel like 72% of people don't understand what "insurance" means. Can I wait until I get cancer to start paying for insurance? I will save lots of money until I need it.
Your health and a car aren't the same thing, pretty stupid comparison. Pre existing conditions can vary in many ways and are not always deliberate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/04/pol...protections-that-lawsuit-seeks-to-repeal.html

20 Republican AGs are trying to end the ACA by arguing that without the individual mandate the law is unconstitutional. However, the protection for people with preexisting conditions is quite popular. 72% of people polled said they want the prohibition on charging sick people more for insurance to remain.

what other business model inherently benefits from denial of services to their customers lol? thats HOW they make money lol. health insurance is a F'ing bizarre concept.

What about drug addicts who need expensive rehab?

Rehab services are part of every medical program. I don't know if they make you pay more, but it's only partially covered and only for a short period (in-patient) and for a small number of out-patient appointments.

Only in your dellusional world, everyone sees you for your bold lies.

<Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>

It's YOU who claimed I said something I didn't say. ROFL

Tell me, which "lies" are you referring to? <Lmaoo>

<Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>

It's YOU who claimed I said something I didn't say. ROFL

Tell me, which "lies" are you referring to? <Lmaoo>

So what did you meant when you said that leftists policies are only popular because of immigration?

I love when you are so defeated that you have to resort to textualist arguments.

So what did you meant when you said that leftists policies are only popular because of immigration?

I love when you are so defeated that you have to resort to textualist arguments.

You really are a deceitful little turd, aren't you? You SAID: "Ridiculous, the left has overwhelmingly the most popular policies."

KEYWORDS: the most

All that means is that Democrats have more popular policies than Republicans. There are still people, of any race, who support Republican policies, just as there are still people, of any race, who support Democrat policies. Nowhere - absolutely NOWHERE - did I say or even imply that "only brown people care about Dem policies". The fact you took that from my statement proves one of two things: a). You're a moron and you're too stupid to understand what I was saying, or b). You're purposely distorting my comment.

Which is it?

25% of people are either mentally retarded or hate the majority of their countrymen.

No they cannot stand to see minorities get the same healthcare as them

A disturbingly large portion of the 75% will vote against the coverage of preexisting conditions because "LIBRULS!!!!!" or "FREEDUMB!!!".

You're clearly of the mentally retarded variety so I can't even be mad.

I hope you get the help you need.

I worked for a health insurance company for 3 years. I know what health insurance is, and I ABSOLUTELY know that allowing sick and dying people access after the fact destroys the system. My company was part of the ACA for about one year. Only sick people were signing up, and within a year there was over a billion dollars of losses and we pulled out. It isn't profitable or sustainable.

Insurance is a form of gambling. You pay in the hopes that you don't have to use it.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insuring

1 : to provide or obtain insurance on or for
2 : to make certain especially by taking necessary measures and precautions

Please note the word PREcaution. It is in direct opposition to pre existing conditions.

You cannot buy house insurance after your house has burned down or been destroyed by a mud slide. You have to have insurance BEFORE the catastrophe. That is what insurance is.

How stupid do you have to be to not understand such simple concepts?

LIBERALISM/COMMUNISM is a mental disorder.

I just crashed my car into a nice BMW. Both cars are a total loss.

CAN I NOW BUY CAR INSURANCE FOR THIS PRE-EXISTING CONDITION?

I feel like 72% of people don't understand what "insurance" means. Can I wait until I get cancer to start paying for insurance? I will save lots of money until I need it.

Do you understand what individual mandate means?

You can not maintain the PEC provision without the individual mandate.

Do you understand what individual mandate means?

You can not maintain the PEC provision without the individual mandate.

Do you understand that United Health Group and Aetna pulled out! Because it isn't sustainable. Letting expensive sick people sign up drove up costs and made them lose billions. Because that isn't how insurance works.

Burn your house down and then try to buy insurance you dolt.

Do you know that even with the UNCONSTITUTIONAL mandate people still take the penalty? Do you understand that taking the penalty is an option, and that you can take the penalty and then buy 'insurance' once you get cancer? It really is retarded.

Even worse is that criminal illegal aliens get free healthcare. In California illegals and their entire family qualify for MediCal. Oh, and emergency rooms cannot deny treatment, so illegals go to the ER for free healthcare and bankrupt hospitals. Over 90 hospitals in California has closed due to costs of caring for non paying illegals.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Please seek treatment.

You really are a deceitful little turd, aren't you? You SAID: "Ridiculous, the left has overwhelmingly the most popular policies."

KEYWORDS: the most

All that means is that Democrats have more popular policies than Republicans. There are still people, of any race, who support Republican policies, just as there are still people, of any race, who support Democrat policies. Nowhere - absolutely NOWHERE - did I say or even imply that "only brown people care about Dem policies". The fact you took that from my statement proves one of two things: a). You're a moron and you're too stupid to understand what I was saying, or b). You're purposely distorting my comment.

Which is it?

I know what i mean when i said that they have the most popular policies.

Your retort

"Because of immigration" implies that if America was 100% white Democrats policies would not be the most popular and that is a bold faced lie. Democrats would rule America like it did in the 30s-40s if America was 100% white.

I joined up with a Christian Health Savings plan a couple years ago. It was exempt from Obamacare's penalty. It allows people with pre-existing conditions to join. Prices are kept low for health savings members. Prices have not been raised in around 10 years. There are several ways on how prices are kept down, with a main way being that members are to shop around compare prices. the group I signed up with can be seen here ~

https://www.chministries.org/default.aspx

I know what i mean when i said that they have the most popular policies.

Your retort

"Because of immigration" implies that if America was 100% white Democrats policies would not be the most popular and that is a bold faced lie. Democrats would rule America like it did in the 30s-40s if America was 100% white.

LOL why do you single out one single era? Also, the Democrats of the 30s/40s are literally Hitler to today's Democrats, so you can fuck off with that bullshit argument.

And no, Democrats' policies wouldn't be the most popular if America was 100% white. Comparing the Democrat party of 80-90 years ago to the Democrat party of today? Are you retarded? LOL

LOL why do you single out one single era? Also, the Democrats of the 30s/40s are literally Hitler to today's Democrats, so you can fuck off with that bullshit argument.

And no, Democrats' policies wouldn't be the most popular if America was 100% white. Comparing the Democrat party of 80-90 years ago to the Democrat party of today? Are you retarded? LOL

Because the same malady of income inequality and low social mobility is back as the main pressing issue to most Americans.

Fair wages, public education, public healthcare and social security are still superb important to most Americans, thats why despite all their grandstanding and their complete government control Republicans have not been able to pass crap, at most they passed tax cuts by running the credit card.

Insurance is gambling. Insurance companies have to gamble that only certain amounts of people will have to cash out. Allowing automatic cash outs ruins the system.

Allowing pre existing conditions literally destroys the concept of insurance.
<Huh2>

Just when you think Sherdog can't get any dumber.

Oh so every driver has insurance? LoL. You are retarded.

And you can be born with a pre existing condition? You can also be born with insurance from responsible parents.

So you support laws which require every person to purchase health insurance?

Do you understand that United Health Group and Aetna pulled out! Because it isn't sustainable. Letting expensive sick people sign up drove up costs and made them lose billions. Because that isn't how insurance works.

Burn your house down and then try to buy insurance you dolt.

Do you know that even with the UNCONSTITUTIONAL mandate people still take the penalty? Do you understand that taking the penalty is an option, and that you can take the penalty and then buy 'insurance' once you get cancer? It really is retarded.

Even worse is that criminal illegal aliens get free healthcare. In California illegals and their entire family qualify for MediCal. Oh, and emergency rooms cannot deny treatment, so illegals go to the ER for free healthcare and bankrupt hospitals. Over 90 hospitals in California has closed due to costs of caring for non paying illegals.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Please seek treatment.

I never said the individual mandate was a good idea. Merely that it was necessary to cover people with pre-existing conditions.

You will have to clarify your understanding on mental disorders though. I would consider spending 50% MORE PER PERSON than any other nation on earth, and nearly DOUBLE the OECD average, while providing healthcare to far less of our citizens pretty mentally disabled.

Despite all this extra cash we are bleeding, which started well before Obamacare by the way, we still have 30% fewer doctors per person and 30% fewer hospital beds per person than the OECD average. Not that having them would even matter, since nearly 25% of the country has to go to a fucking ER to treat a common cold because they are not eligible to visit a doctor. That does not seem terribly bright either.

Every nation in the first world has a far more 'liberal' healthcare strategy than the US. And every single one of them covers much more of their population than we do at a much lower cost to their citizens. I would argue that make us the stupid ones.

I have lived in half a dozen of these countries and been personal witness to everything from doctors and emergency room visits (me) cancer treatment and hip replacements (wifes parents) cancer treatment (wife) and childbirth (my first child was born in the UK, second in US). While there are some differences, the notion that the care here is measurably better across the board is completely nonsensical.

I joined up with a Christian Health Savings plan a couple years ago. It was exempt from Obamacare's penalty. It allows people with pre-existing conditions to join. Prices are kept low for health savings members. Prices have not been raised in around 10 years. There are several ways on how prices are kept down, with a main way being that members are to shop around compare prices. the group I signed up with can be seen here ~

https://www.chministries.org/default.aspx

I have a neighbor on a similar scheme. It's not bad. A far far better model overall than the insurance model.

One thing I would like to respectfully point out though, is that if you look at what this program does, it is essentially what most universal health models all over the world do. Everyone pays in and everyone gets taken care of.

Good job, Corky. This is the reason there's an individual mandate.

The logic is that if you don't want a job switch to be a death sentence, you gotta protect people with pre-existing conditions. But then you have to have a mandate (for the reason you very belatedly discovered). But then you have to have subsidies (and Medicaid expansion and cost-cutting, exchanges, etc.). The whole structure of the ACA flows from this.

Which is why a lot of conservatives are against the ACA. Its built on a sandy foundation

Back