Law 75% of Americans want to keep preexisting condition protection

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Yes, HC is a right, as in you have the right to purchase insurance or medical treatment. We also have 1st and 2nd amendment rights, but that doesn't mean taxpayers have to buy me a newspaper and guns. HC is a service, and you can't force people to provide you a service.

To oppose UHC on grounds that it's forcing people to provide a service is a huge oversimplification... Providers can choose not to treat patients with exchange plans. Most just happen to realize it wouldn't be in their best interest.

You're clearly of the mentally retarded variety so I can't even be mad.

I hope you get the help you need.

You kind of have a point.

But the problem is how insurance companies abuse that idea.

"Oh you once got treatment for back pain"

"Well we can't any back issues at all going forward"

"Oh you had a bout of eczema? Sorry can't help you"

And you can be born with a pre existing condition? You can also be born with insurance from responsible parents.
Yeah but that's not something you choose. And guess what, you can also be born with a preexisting condition and without insurance and responsible parents. What should happen to those people? Let em suffer?

Put them in a separate pool and make them pay more for premiums then.

You kind of have a point.

But the problem is how insurance companies abuse that idea.

"Oh you once got treatment for back pain"

"Well we can't any back issues at all going forward"

"Oh you had a bout of eczema? Sorry can't help you"
For life insurance? Of course it makes sense to discriminate based on preexisting conditions.

For health care? Are you fucking kidding me?

I suppose the real issue is how health care even became an insurable sector in the first place. That shit needs to stop- these insurance companies need to be regulated out of business for the health and well-being of society.

For life insurance? Of course it makes sense to discriminate based on preexisting conditions.

I suppose the real issue is how health care even became an insurable sector in the first place. That shit needs to stop- these insurance companies need to be regulated out of business for the health and well-being of society.

Oh, I thought this thread was about health care.

Yeah but that's not something you choose. And guess what, you can also be born with a preexisting condition and without insurance and responsible parents. What should happen to those people? Let em suffer?
"Let them suffer anywhere that's not my door step, or on my commute to work, in the grocery store, at the gym, at the neighborhood park, etc"

Basically, these people have put zero thought into why we have even basic social services. And have for decades. It makes life convenient even for the people who don't use it(not stepping over dead people in the streets) and potentially life-saving for those who do. Win-win.

This 100%. The current model will never work with big insurance companies in business. That's why a alot of people are against mandating we buy their products. It's contributing to the problem

Good argument
@Edison Carasio already addressed it

It's an absolutely absurd analogy. We're talking the health and well-being of our fellow citizens- not whether some asshole can file an insurance claim on a car he wrecked and probably couldn't even afford in the first place.

@Edison Carasio already addressed it

It's an absolutely absurd analogy. We're talking the health and well-being of our fellow citizens- not whether some asshole can file an insurance claim on a car he wrecked and probably couldn't even afford in the first place.
But it's the same principal from a business perspective which is what insurance companies are. Prices will continue to rise and rise with the current model. Like was said before insurance companies need to be phased out. Mandating that we buy their product will only worsen the problem.

This 100%. The current model will never work with big insurance companies in business. That's why a alot of people are against mandating we buy their products. It's contributing to the problem
I can't agree with it but I understand why Obama didn't attempt to completely gut the current model.

We need lawmakers willing to speak the honest truth- like Hillary wanting to put coal companies out of business but health insurance companies instead. I hate the bitch but she was 100% right to say it.

But it's the same principal from a business perspective which is what insurance companies are. Prices will continue to rise and rise with the current model. Like was said before insurance companies need to be phased out. Mandating that we buy their product will only worsen the problem.
I don't think Obama could have gotten anywhere near passing ACA by saying his bill will put health insurance companies out of business. I do think his plan has gotten us closer though and that makes it a win imo

I don't think Obama could have gotten anywhere near passing ACA by saying his bill will put health insurance companies out of business. I do think his plan has gotten us closer though and that makes it a win imo
I lost my insurance when ACA kicked in.

Once I had to have an XRay. They tried to bill my insurance $1200. It was declined. (This was well before ACA). They billed me out of pocket $100. It's craziness. As far as putting health care companies out of business I'm not sure how it would best be done but it will never work with them in the picture

You're clearly of the mentally retarded variety so I can't even be mad.

I hope you get the help you need.

It's a preexisting condition.

Of we do. We are some of the unhealthiest people even when compared to 3rd world countries.

Insurance is gambling. Insurance companies have to gamble that only certain amounts of people will have to cash out. Allowing automatic cash outs ruins the system.

Allowing pre existing conditions literally destroys the concept of insurance.

And this is why America needs UHC like actual civilized countries have.

Healthcare shouldn’t be a form of gambling.

Back