Media 7 weeks later, Chris Weidman is back in the gym sparring!

This guy here is on another level. This isn't even human what the fuck.

No that I definitely do not need to fucking do.

I got my kingdom under control. Hbu?
How’s canzat going? He like dead yeah?

from covid.

Bonus:

His first guess is Anderson Silva, he mentioned on Bisping's podcast

The Chris is too tough for his own good, the saddest thing was Anthony Smith's reaction to the leg break.

The dude has the mind of a true fighter, but his body can't keep up anymore.

Some backstory: The doctors that did the surgery said he'll prolly gonna be able to walk again in 6 months. He did it in 6 weeks. Week 7, he's back in the gym. What a warrior.
Impressive indeed. Lets hope he is not rushing it. A body needs time to heal.

Reactions: Gio
He really needs to fuckin chill.
Yeah, bone doesnt fully remodel that fast. Partial weight bearing at 6 weeks would be normal. But maybe he's in a compression sleeve or Moon boot

Some backstory: The doctors that did the surgery said he'll prolly gonna be able to walk again in 6 months. He did it in 6 weeks. Week 7, he's back in the gym. What a warrior.

He's gonna snap it in half again going this way and I will have the second hardest laugh of my life. I think you know which one was the first.

Nah. He’s should be good as long as he’s not going too hard. I had the same break and was back working on my feet with a boot in 6 weeks without any physical therapy. I’m sure he’s farther along than I was, having all those sports docs and such.

Last edited:

Thats nonsense. These injuries never take that long because you stabilize the bone via rod & screws and then he can walk after 4-6weeks.

But its not intelligent at all to get into training after only 6 weeks. Its actually very stupid and I cant think of any pt or other medic professional who would advise so. Weidmann is tough as nails but not really clever. He should at least for 3 months do a slow and methodic workout routine planned by a professional without any contact sports at all. He will pay for this with a less than optimal healing process.

I'm cringing just watching that. I'm ten times more psychologically scarred than Chris is from his own injury.

Reactions: HHJ
6 months? This doctor must be crazy, there is surgery method which allows u walk straight after surgery and with much less iron inside ur leg....

No, there is no chance that he will break it again with titanium rod in.....

That’s good and all but he should have learned by now to take it easy for a bit after multiple brutal losses.

Sadly for these guys wanting to be champ is in their DNA. He could be in a wheelchair and still be thinking about how he’s 2-3 wins away from a title shot.

I never liked Weidman, but I really wish he’d managed his career a bit better and not fight killer after killer for that stretch where he kept getting KO’d. Hope he has enough to retire and enjoy time with his family in good health. He has nothing to prove

Back