7 months into BJJ training 2-3 times a week. Where should I be?

Whoa.. I am not calling your instructor anything.

It is just that your first post regarding your instructor critisizing your transition skills, then suddendly you are starting to talk about privates.

Hum..do you get the hint?

My instructor just told me what to look for I am just trying to be as critical of myself as I can be.

Let your instructor worry about belts and you worry about getting better.

A white belt with stripes is basically a blue belt anyway. A probationary blue belt is a solid blue belt.

A white belt with stripes is basically a blue belt anyway. A probationary blue belt is a solid blue belt.

A solid blue belt is a probationary purple and a number 1 contender is actually the probationary champion.

Where should you be?

You should be on the mats training instead of asking asinine abstract questions that no one here is adequately able to answer.

youarehere.gif

What is it with these crazy comments? a white belt with stripes is a white belt with stripes. A blue belt is a blue belt. They are nothing alike.

3 stripe white belt? maybe 4 if you're a natural.

What is it with these crazy comments? a white belt with stripes is a white belt with stripes. A blue belt is a blue belt. They are nothing alike.

I think you're missing the sarcasm (purple belt in less than a year) and the references to another thread (white belt w stripes = blue belt) by a troll.

TS, you're basically an average white belt, about halfway to blue belt. 2-3 days/week w some privates is average, nothing special.

Where should you be?

You should be on the mats training instead of asking asinine abstract questions that no one here is adequately able to answer.

Now look here, i don't really understand all them big words you usin', so im'a take 'em as disrespect, watch ya mouf.

:icon_twis

Non sense.

You obviously have yet to challenge an Academy's 4-stripe White Belt gate-keeper.

I mean, hes like a solid blue belt anyway...

just enjoy your training , i had my blue at 8 months. by now you should be able to attack and be developing your own game that suits your abilities and attributes.

good luck in your training dude.

Does your gym give out stripes?
If so, you could be a 2 or 3 stripe white belt with this amount of training. At least this is what I think. Every gym is different so maybe you learned more than others who trained for the same amount of time.

One things for sure, it's too early for blue.

Does your gym give out stripes?
If so, you could be a 2 or 3 stripe white belt with this amount of training. At least this is what I think. Every gym is different so maybe you learned more than others who trained for the same amount of time.

One things for sure, it's too early for blue.

all depends on how quickly someone grasps BJJ , some people quickly others not so fast.

i dont think 7 months is unreasonable for a blue , as long as adequete training time(ie. 4 or 5 times a week) and natural ability and fast progress.

Back