6'9'' 250lbs top level athlete

Lol did anyone even read the article or did they just see NBA and throw up on their keyboard?

Dude has a 2nd degree black belt.
Dudes 8 siblings and parents are all black belts.
Dude has basically been doing martial arts his whole life.
Already has 7 mma matches. Undefeated.
He's 20-0.

Not only would dude not be a clown like cm punk... Might be even more legit than brock Lesnar. I'd be really interested to see that guy fight, even if he wasn't in the NBA. Being great at a pro level in another sport he essentially does for fun makes me even more interested.

Can Travis Browne become a NBA player after his MMA career? Prob not, same thing the other way around.

Lol fine I'm gonna go ahead and bite just for amusements sake...

Zomgosh!!! 20-0 as a kickboxer???

- For what org? Who did he beat? Who's his trainer?

Lol @ "6'9 kickboxer with low body fat"... Stop the talking points m8... More like 6'9 NBA player who did some McDojo martial arts as a kid to keep busy.

Jose Canseco had a Black Belt in TKD... We all see how far that got him in MMA:confused:

Anything else you have to say besides "he's a 6'9 NBA player" and creepy stuff about his body fat? Because you're coming across like a size queen instead of an actual MMA fan lol

This may seem foreign to you, but being that big while still being athletic is so far beyond rare that it is alone enough to make you an elite prospect in multiple sports. It's a fact of life that you need to get ahold of. It's not just a talking point, the reality is length, speed and strength are a huge advantage in most athletic activities, and fighting is one of them.

And he's not just a 20-0 kickboxer, he's 7-0 in MMA. Why do you just get to ignore that when a lot of guys in the sport today began fighting pro with even less experience?

And lastly, what separates a McDojo from a real gym is whether or not you spar and and have actual contact. No person to have been in 27 fights can be said to be training in a McDojo. But you're just going to assume its McDojo because your a little man with a size complex right? It's ok- but you're also wrong.

Love to see it.

But how old will he be by then? He's having a decent season.

Can Travis Browne become a NBA player after his MMA career? Prob not, same thing the other way around.

With "Travis couldn't have been an NBA player if he'd focused completely on that" being the fairly significant difference between the 2 situations.

Can a 6-9/250 NBA player with amateur MMA experience succeed in the UFC?
Answer: Yeah, probably.

Can a 6-9/250 MMA fighter with amateur basketball experience succeed in the NBA?
Answer: Yeah, probably not.

Didn't expect to start a war when I post that thread . Wasn't boring lol

This may seem foreign to you, but being that big while still being athletic is so far beyond rare that it is alone enough to make you an elite prospect in multiple sports. It's a fact of life that you need to get ahold of. It's not just a talking point, the reality is length, speed and strength are a huge advantage in most athletic activities, and fighting is one of them.

And he's not just a 20-0 kickboxer, he's 7-0 in MMA. Why do you just get to ignore that when a lot of guys in the sport today began fighting pro with even less experience?

And lastly, what separates a McDojo from a real gym is whether or not you spar and and have actual contact. No person to have been in 27 fights can be said to be training in a McDojo. But you're just going to assume its McDojo because your a little man with a size complex right? It's ok- but you're also wrong.

Exactly couldn't answer a single question of mine lol.

Of course a 6'9 pro athlete is gonna beat up bums in amateur matches. Yet you still couldn't name who he's fought or fought for... Smh

Apparently reading comprehension isn't strong with you either I see... 7 AMATEUR matches... Do you know how low the level of those matches are?

Nobody is saying he can't win fights in MMA, but to say he can come into the UFC and automatically compete at a high level is just ignorant.

The thing is you're actually clueless on MMA, you actually think this is a new topic lol... This topic has been recycled several times lol.

The dude dribbles a ball and jumps high... Guess those skills translate soooo well to MMA lol.

PS Dude you know nothing about me to insult me, you've probably never stepped into a gym and crossed over to this sport while sitting on your lawn chair and watching NASCAR on FOX or something lol

Neckbeards gonna neckbeard

With "Travis couldn't have been an NBA player if he'd focused completely on that" being the fairly significant difference between the 2 situations.
Well maybe that NBA player couldn't be a MMA fighter if he focused on that full time either, bottom line is that it would be difficult for any athlete to transition to a different sport after the age of 30

As shallow as HW is right now there's no question he could do fairly well. Just not a whole lot of depth.

I would assume he's had some grappling training at some point. He's educated, so I doubt he'd be dumb enough to think he could turn MMA pro with no knowledge of the ground game.

Exactly couldn't answer a single question of mine lol.

Of course a 6'9 pro athlete is gonna beat up bums in amateur matches. Yet you still couldn't name who he's fought or fought for... Smh

Apparently reading comprehension isn't strong with you either I see... 7 AMATEUR matches... Do you know how low the level of those matches are?

Nobody is saying he can't win fights in MMA, but to say he can come into the UFC and automatically compete at a high level is just ignorant.

The thing is you're actually clueless on MMA, you actually think this is a new topic lol... This topic has been recycled several times lol.

The dude dribbles a ball and jumps high... Guess those skills translate soooo well to MMA lol.

PS Dude you know nothing about me to insult me, you've probably never stepped into a gym and crossed over to this sport while sitting on your lawn chair and watching NASCAR on FOX or something lol

Neckbeards gonna neckbeard

You're wrong on every count, again there are pro fighters with less experience than this guy and all off them are less athletically gifted.

If you don't think size and athleticism matters, you've obviously never sparred. Unlike you, I have and I know better. I've got 13 ammy boxing fights. No I'm not a world beater, but I know enough to know you're absurdly incorrect.

You know what it means when a guy can round house kick something 10' in the air while still standing on the ground? This guy can. You know what that translates into in terms of range in a fight?

Ever try to take someone down that has a full foot of reach on you? Johnson's 6'11" wingspan is only surpassed by 1 fighter in the UFC, Jon Jones- who just so happens to have had less credible experience than this guy when he joined the UFC and also is arguably the greatest fighter there has ever been.

Do you have any idea what it means to be 250 lbs with a 36" vertical? It means he can likely squat more than anyone you've ever met.

And this is before we even get to the fact that he is a real deal fighter with 27 fights. The idea that there is no chance he could do well is just absurd. I don't have to see or know anything about you to know that this blind hate could only come from a small person who has built his own complex in his head to justify to himself that he is in fact a bad ass.

Yes he could automatically compete in the UFC, am I sure? No. But could it happen of course. There has been huge success stories in the UFC from fighters with less experience and physical gifts than this guy.

But since he is an athletic goliath, none of this will matter to you. If I pulled up a video of him sparring with UFC level guys change your mind? What about a video of him rolling with the gracies?

Doesn't matter right? He's big and youre small so he's trash. So transparent.

By far the most absurd post of the day.

Specially when discussing it on an MMA level. Simply put it this way: elite grappler has a much better chance to KO an elite striker than a striker subbing a grappler lol.

I was
My point is you can't replicate a real black belt son.

A decade's worth of learning and repetition.

Grapplers have an easier time picking up striking than strikers do grappling for a reason. Some of the most efficient strikers in MMA have grappling bases... Dom, TJ, Werdum, MM, etc.

Although you might be right that a striker will have a hell of a time ever subbing an elite grappler, an elite striker will basically destroy any grappler in a striking only match. In my opinion, striking takes more fluidity, and a special kind of coordination that not everyone has - or needs to have been learning since a child to attain. Guys like Jake Shields, who have been training striking forever now, are so stiff and rigid, and just can't seem to catch on. I think it's definitely based on individual assets in terms of genetics and physicality - and of course requires the right mindset. Even some of the guys you mentioned, who are considered some of the best strikers in MMA are not even close to the skill level seen in the sports of kickboxing, boxing...etc. MM and Cruz are two that I think have that coordination that can translate very well to striking.

You're wrong on every count, again there are pro fighters with less experience than this guy and all off them are less athletically gifted.

If you don't think size and athleticism matters, you've obviously never sparred. Unlike you, I have and I know better. I've got 13 ammy boxing fights. No I'm not a world beater, but I know enough to know you're absurdly incorrect.

You know what it means when a guy can round house kick something 10' in the air while still standing on the ground? This guy can. You know what that translates into in terms of range in a fight?

Ever try to take someone down that has a full foot of reach on you? Johnson's 6'11" wingspan is only surpassed by 1 fighter in the UFC, Jon Jones- who just so happens to have had less credible experience than this guy when he joined the UFC and also is arguably the greatest fighter there has ever been.

Do you have any idea what it means to be 250 lbs with a 36" vertical? It means he can likely squat more than anyone you've ever met.

And this is before we even get to the fact that he is a real deal fighter with 27 fights. The idea that there is no chance he could do well is just absurd. I don't have to see or know anything about you to know that this blind hate could come from a small person who has built his own complex in his head to justify to himself that he is in fact a bad as.

Yes he could automatically compete in the UFC, am I sure? No. But could it happen of course. There has been hug success stories in the UFC from fighters with less experience and physical gifts than this guy.

But since he is an athletic goliath, none of this will matter to you. If I pulled up a video of him sparring with UFC level guys change your mind? What about a video of him rolling with the gracies?

Doesn't matter right? He's big and youre small so he's trash. So transparent.

Blah blah blah athletic blah blah big... you keep regurgitating the same thing in every post would it hurt you to be a little bit more articulate?

1. Dude dont pull the old "im a fighter" card on me because its lame, because even if you do have amateur matches in Boxing it just goes to show how laughably low the level of competition is.

2. Unlike you I grew up at a REAL gym and seen first hand pro athletes come here to train. From Bobby Lashley, to NFL players, Pro Boxers, etc.

3. Obviously you've never wrestled or even grappled in your life if you think height necessarily gives you an advantage for defending TDs, what an idiot. If anything more compact frames are usually more ideal for wrestling where as lankier limbs make you more succeptible to be tied up or taken down.

4. Did you really just compare this random NBA guy to Jon Jones???? Lolololol!!! You have absolutely NO CREDIBILITY left in this thread.

-Jon Jones wrestled his whole life and wouldve easily gone to a good D1 school if it wasnt for his Academics slightly lacking. Regardless he ended up at Iowa Central and still had a great wrestling career the time he was there.

- Jones can't dunk a ball, but he could get enough elevation hitting this guys head on the rim with a perfect lateral drop :D

5. Again you personally insult me without knowing a thing about me, simply because I dont agree with your absurd opinion...

You come off as a cuck proclaiming this guy as the next big thing in MMA based off measurables lol.

This is fighting not basketball kiddo;)

Last edited:
One FC has a 6'9 former Basketball player who also fights in Glory. I think the UFC had a shot but lowballed him. Pardon the pun.

Surprise to see that nobody brought Struve has an example... ( still think Johnson is a better athlète and has potential ) anyway.

Holly used her elite striking/boxing skills to largely nullify Ronda's grappling. Any crossover skills from basketball wont be nearly as useful.
Why are you even replying to my post? You obviously have no clue as to my point.. As, what you said about what Holly did is the obvious. Yet, my reply was in regards to a complete opposite of such. And crossover is not speaking in the context of basketball in this topic.

Don't worry guys a few years of junior college wrestling is more experience than 20 kickboxing matches and 7 mma matches with a black belt to go with it.

I don't know how I got suckered into an argument with someone obviously no one agrees with and clearly can't make any logical sense.

Lesson Learned.

Holly Holm has been cross training for over a decade.

Striking in MUCH easier to pick up that grappling, you can't replicate years worth of grappling experience you can merely hope to defend it at best.

This isn't like fighting amateurs where mere talent or physical advantages can get you by, a guy who's been doing Sambo, BJJ, Wrestling most of their life would plant this guy very easily.

There are a few exceptions with strikers like Wonderboy, Crocop, Holm, etc... But to compare his credentials to theirs is beyond laughable

LOL, elite striking is much harder to pick up. There's a reason boxers make more than judo players/bjj adcc champions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back