6'9'' 250lbs top level athlete

He would KO Wanderlei Silva stiff

Lol how would he accomplish that buddy? Boxing him out of the paint? Or perhaps a mean crossover?:D

Apparently Sherbros still haven't learned the basic principle of MMA... skill trumps all.

Shernoobs gonna shernoob...

Uhh but he has at least some experience. Would be interesting.

this is because it is easier to KO someone (requires 1 punch) than it is to set up a submission. that's like saying competing in 100m is easier than 5km run because it's easier to finish 100m. what you said makes no fcking sense when talking about competition

The guy made perfect sense, and knows what he is talking about. Can't say the same for you.

Lol do you have reading comprehension difficulties or just an all around lack of focus?

When did I ever say Holly has more grappling experience than Ronda? Said shes been cross training for a long time nothing more.

Your posts are redundant, no real substance to them with the same "derp youre wrong" nonsese, you come off like the kid back in 1st grade who would stick his fingers in his ears and start making loud noices just to avoid a logical retort.:confused:

PS: thanks for proving my point when I said strikers like Crocop and Wonderboy were exceptions to phenomenal strikers making successful crossovers

> Implies James Johnsons striking creds is comparable to Wonderboy's ...

Christian-Bale-Laughing-at-Awards-Show.gif

LMAO. Oh really. I'm the one who sounds like that huh. Just look at this thread and see who is the one covering their ears. Its gotta be tough for you being called out for your stupidity by everybody in this thread. That gif is perfect, its how we are all responding to your posts.

By far the most absurd post of the day.

Specially when discussing it on an MMA level. Simply put it this way: elite grappler has a much better chance to KO an elite striker than a striker subbing a grappler lol.
Grappling isn't just subbing, and striking isn't just KO's. This is a ridiculous way to try and draw comparison between the difficulty in mastering either striking or grappling.

250lbs isn't that big for HW.
basketballers are usually rather thin for their height. you can't have huge muscle mass and run up and down the court the way they do.

i believe he could put on quite a bit of muscle quickly. he'd most likely have to worry about getting too heavy to cut down to 265.

if he trains some in the off season i could see him make a big dent in the hw division. hw is so stagnant it's not funny.

well if he compete in hw division, with his kickboxing credential, i think he can do it.

he will have huge advantage in reach and cardio

Lol how would he accomplish that buddy? Boxing him out of the paint? Or perhaps a mean crossover?:D

Apparently Sherbros still haven't learned the basic principle of MMA... skill trumps all.

i agree that skill trumps all, but wand isn't known for his skills.

Alan Belcher would beat him.

NBA player James Johnson 6'9 250lbs Power Foward says he would love to do MMA after his NBA career is done.
Do you think such an high level athlete would have a chance to succeed in MMA in is 30's after he's done in the NBA (currently 28yrs old) Reach & size already make him interesting/marketable
Good KickBoxing background 7-0 amateur MMA, 20-0 in kickboxing
;
Johnson comes from a clan of warriors. His parents are black belts. He has eight siblings, and they are also all black belts of varying degrees. His youngest sister, about 10 years his junior, is working toward her third degree. He’s a second-degree black belt himself. His first MMA bout came at the age of 18. Johnson was declared the winner after 97 seconds. He’s fought a total of seven MMA matches and is undefeated. He’s 20-0 in all his kickboxing matches.

Limk ; http://grantland.com/the-triangle/they-call-him-bloodsport-james-johnson-kicks-his-way-into-the-nba/
That would make for a very intriguing prospect.

What part of Holly training with Wink, who she has always said is her Striking Coach, leads you to believe that she was training grappling often with him while she was in the middle or her Boxing/Kickboxing career? Being that you use her training with Wink as some point to and justification to her training grappling..
Holly used her elite striking/boxing skills to largely nullify Ronda's grappling. Any crossover skills from basketball wont be nearly as useful.

HW is shite, and that's a big, athletic guy. If he's got a combat background, and doesn't flinch too much when getting hit, I'd give him a shot at top 3 in the division.

LMAO. Oh really. I'm the one who sounds like that huh. Just look at this thread and see who is the one covering their ears. Its gotta be tough for you being called out for your stupidity by everybody in this thread. That gif is perfect, its how we are all responding to your posts.

> implying I want to likeminded to the Sherdog masses... Specially comparing a random NBA player with a Rex Kwon Do black belt to Wonderboy lol

Again, still made haven't made a valid point yet.

It's okay buddy, we can discuss NBA or some other sport if you feel you're more adequately equipped for that:D

> implying I want to likeminded to the Sherdog masses... Specially comparing a random NBA player with a Rex Kwon Do black belt to Wonderboy lol

Again, still made haven't made a valid point yet.

It's okay buddy, we can discuss NBA or some other sport if you feel you're more adequately equipped for that:D

He's a 20-0 kickboxer.

He's a 20-0 kick boxer.

He's a 6'9 true heavy weight low bodyfat kick boxer.

idiot gonna idiot. Idiots hate on athletes because their athletes. Wouldn't matter if this guy was world bjj champ and 50- kick boxer, shertards would think mighty mouse would destroy him.

Truth is most NBA level talent would wipe the floor with the lower weight classes easily. Luckily i don't have to make that argument, since this guy is a legit martial artist who happens to have a size and speed combination MMA has not seen.

i agree that skill trumps all, but wand isn't known for his skills.

Alan Belcher would beat him.

Incorrect, his style over the years regressed into some sloppy wild brawling style due to the mileage on his body.

While he wasn't always the most sound defensive fighter, Wandy in his prime heavily relied on incredible speed and multiple angles. He could throw four punch combos, fire a high kick and immediately step into the Thai Plum... It was something spectacular to watch.

Probably the closest fighter at LHW to match Vitors hand speed, but his combos could come from every limb.

Not to mention always had one of the most underrated ground games in MMA.

To simply say Belcher would beat him because you identify Wandys career during its twilight is unfair

There is already a basketballer in UFC. He is very good but I forget his name.

Incorrect, his style over the years regressed into some sloppy wild brawling style due to the mileage on his body.

While he wasn't always the most sound defensive fighter, Wandy in his prime heavily relied on incredible speed and multiple angles. He could throw four punch combos, fire a high kick and immediately step into the Thai Plum... It was something spectacular to watch.

Probably the closest fighter at LHW to match Vitors hand speed, but his combos could come from every limb.

Not to mention always had one of the most underrated ground games in MMA.

To simply say Belcher would beat him because you identify Wandys career during its twilight is unfair

There is a smaller athleticism drop from young wandy to current wandy than from James Johnson to anyone on the ufc Roster. Yet you seem to think it would make no difference.

And repeat this: he is a 20-0 kickboxer.

Schaub was an NFL football player and how did that turn out? I suppose he did okay, but he was no world beater

He's a 20-0 kickboxer.

He's a 20-0 kick boxer.

He's a 6'9 true heavy weight low bodyfat kick boxer.

idiot gonna idiot. Idiots hate on athletes because their athletes. Wouldn't matter if this guy was world bjj champ and 50- kick boxer, shertards would think mighty mouse would destroy him.

Truth is most NBA level talent would wipe the floor with the lower weight classes easily. Luckily i don't have to make that argument, since this guy is a legit martial artist who happens to have a size and speed combination MMA has not seen.

Lol fine I'm gonna go ahead and bite just for amusements sake...

Zomgosh!!! 20-0 as a kickboxer???

- For what org? Who did he beat? Who's his trainer?

Lol @ "6'9 kickboxer with low body fat"... Stop the talking points m8... More like 6'9 NBA player who did some McDojo martial arts as a kid to keep busy.

Jose Canseco had a Black Belt in TKD... We all see how far that got him in MMA:confused:

Anything else you have to say besides "he's a 6'9 NBA player" and creepy stuff about his body fat? Because you're coming across like a size queen instead of an actual MMA fan lol

Back