60,000 dead and 80 billion in damages a year- Opioids

So show us all the evidence that using the suggested amount in the described manner the company proposes can lead to cardiovascular issues, and change all of our minds.

Here are some articles. I copied most of the references in too, but I also have a link, in case you want to read it.

"In a 2001 publication by Mittleman et al, 3882 patients with acute myocardial infarction were assessed for marijuana use, revealing a 4.8-fold increase in the risk of myocardial infarction in the first hour after marijuana use compared to nonusers.24
Further review of this cohort and other case reports suggest that marijuana-associated myocardial infarction occurs in a relatively young population, as young as 20 years old, and that while additional risk factors, such as tobacco use, are often present, marijuana may serve as a sole risk factor. Following marijuana-associated myocardial infarction, intravascular ultrasound provides no clear evidence of detectable atherosclerotic coronary artery disease, and findings most commonly noted during angiography were coronary spasm and intracoronary thrombus formation.25–31 We and others have also described myocardial infarction associated with marijuana use triggered by slow coronary flow.21,32 Prognosis is poor in marijuana users having myocardial infarction, with a 3-fold increase in mortality at a median follow-up of 3.8 years, compared to individuals with myocardial infarction who do not use marijuana.33 The mechanism behind this finding is not clear."

25. Canga Y, Osmonov D, Karataş MD, Durmuş G, Ilhan E, Kirbaş V. Cannabis: a rare trigger of premature myocardial infarction. Anadolu Kardiyol Derg. 2011;11(3):272–274. Medline
26. Dahdouh Z, Roule V, Lognoné T, Sabatier R, Grollier G. Cannabis and coronary thrombosis: what is the role of platelets? Platelets. 2012;23(3):243–245. Crossref, Medline
27. Renard D, Taieb G, Gras-Combe G, Labauge P. Cannabis-related myocardial infarction and cardioembolic stroke. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012;21(1):82–83. Crossref, Medline
28. De Silva K, Perera D. Cannabis, collaterals, and coronary occlusion. Case Rep Cardiol. 2011;2011:469850. Medline
29. Hodcroft CJ, Rossiter MC, Buch AN. Cannabis-associated myocardial infarction in a young man with normal coronary arteries. J Emerg Med. 2014;47(3):277–281. Crossref, Medline
30. Yurtdaş M, Aydin MK. Acute myocardial infarction in a young man; fatal blow of the marijuana: a case report. Korean Circ J. 2012;42(9):641–645. Crossref, Medline
31. Tormey W, Moore T, Gulmann C. Cannabis smoking and myocardial infarction. Int J Clin Pract. 2012;66(2):226. Crossref, Medline
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1074248415627874#

Here are some articles. I copied most of the references in too, but I also have a link, in case you want to read it.

"In a 2001 publication by Mittleman et al, 3882 patients with acute myocardial infarction were assessed for marijuana use, revealing a 4.8-fold increase in the risk of myocardial infarction in the first hour after marijuana use compared to nonusers.24
Further review of this cohort and other case reports suggest that marijuana-associated myocardial infarction occurs in a relatively young population, as young as 20 years old, and that while additional risk factors, such as tobacco use, are often present, marijuana may serve as a sole risk factor. Following marijuana-associated myocardial infarction, intravascular ultrasound provides no clear evidence of detectable atherosclerotic coronary artery disease, and findings most commonly noted during angiography were coronary spasm and intracoronary thrombus formation.25–31 We and others have also described myocardial infarction associated with marijuana use triggered by slow coronary flow.21,32 Prognosis is poor in marijuana users having myocardial infarction, with a 3-fold increase in mortality at a median follow-up of 3.8 years, compared to individuals with myocardial infarction who do not use marijuana.33 The mechanism behind this finding is not clear."

25. Canga Y, Osmonov D, Karataş MD, Durmuş G, Ilhan E, Kirbaş V. Cannabis: a rare trigger of premature myocardial infarction. Anadolu Kardiyol Derg. 2011;11(3):272–274. Medline
26. Dahdouh Z, Roule V, Lognoné T, Sabatier R, Grollier G. Cannabis and coronary thrombosis: what is the role of platelets? Platelets. 2012;23(3):243–245. Crossref, Medline
27. Renard D, Taieb G, Gras-Combe G, Labauge P. Cannabis-related myocardial infarction and cardioembolic stroke. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012;21(1):82–83. Crossref, Medline
28. De Silva K, Perera D. Cannabis, collaterals, and coronary occlusion. Case Rep Cardiol. 2011;2011:469850. Medline
29. Hodcroft CJ, Rossiter MC, Buch AN. Cannabis-associated myocardial infarction in a young man with normal coronary arteries. J Emerg Med. 2014;47(3):277–281. Crossref, Medline
30. Yurtdaş M, Aydin MK. Acute myocardial infarction in a young man; fatal blow of the marijuana: a case report. Korean Circ J. 2012;42(9):641–645. Crossref, Medline
31. Tormey W, Moore T, Gulmann C. Cannabis smoking and myocardial infarction. Int J Clin Pract. 2012;66(2):226. Crossref, Medline
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1074248415627874#

....are you serious? Review your sources and then re-read their conclusions. Then try to tell me again you're simply looking for unbiased facts.... in this thread about heroin killing 60k and costing 80 billion you decided to bring marijuana into.

....are you serious? Review your sources and then re-read their conclusions. Then try to tell me again you're simply looking for unbiased facts.... in this thread about heroin killing 60k and costing 80 billion you decided to bring marijuana into.

http://www.medicinalgenomics.com/wp...d-death-under-acute-influence-of-cannabis.pdf

FWIW, Our doctor's wont prescribe cannabis if you are at high risks of heart attacks, but so far this is the only evidence to suggest why. Otherwise, it's largely hogwash and he is welcome to read all 700 + pages i posted earlier in this thread. Once he reads that he ca have an opinion.

I live in one of the worst areas for it. You see all these people looking like shit and struggling. i have no clue why anyone would want to be like them

They don't WANT to be like that.

Couple decades ago, opioid reps poured millions into promoting all the good they can provide. People wanted them.

Now Big Marajuana money is doing the same thing. You think this is being promoted so much, and lobbied for so much out of selfless charity?

The data for MJ really helping people is pretty weak. I realize they're different drugs w/ different side effects.
But we're going to be in a very similar situation in a few decades.

>taking a negative stance on marijuana on sherdog

guaranteed replies

KONE bless

Can we just all agree that stoners are annoying enough we can all hope marijuana causes spontaneously combusting anal polyps?

Close buddy of mine is struggling with opioid addiction- and he's never even had a single prescription.

Ended up the last couple people at a party for a buddy of mine, were me and a friends older brother. Junkie, on methadone, and pills, and anything else he can get his hands on. Multiple times in prison, etc.

They should seriously take a video of this guy and show it to kids. The guy is a husk of a man, his only endeavor is to get high. He's turned into a waste of a life.

He was telling me about shit. I live in a big metropolitan area, three large cities, lots of drugs etc. There is only one methodone clinic in the whole area. The government pays for daily transportation for people from vast distances away to come and get their fix. Many of them abuse the methodone too...

I think if we saw the real price this costs, we would be blown away. Drugs have turned into a full on epidemic. WTF, kids can't just drink a beer and smoke a joint?

I respond to several overdoses a week, often several every day. I can't believe how normal it has become to see some blue, lifeless creature brought back to life with narcan. They lurch, cough, flap their lips like mr ed trying to take a breath. This shit is horrible(heroin+ fentanyl) and it took hold so quickly because of opioids.

I don't know what the solution is because there are so many dependent on the drugs to even be able to move. I have horrible back pain that greatly affects my daily life. I have four ice packs and three frozen water bottles just to be able to get to bed. If someone told me that "you just have to deal with that" I would cause them some pain.

I tried to argue this fact about alchohol and opioid, killing people by the masses to these idiots screaming social injustice and such, lets just say we need a reset button for these morons, they will never see past there own ignorance...

TTT since this issue is finally getting some attention.

Did you hear one secretive family is profiting from this .... not hinting about nothing.

TTT since it’s regained it’s relevance. Funny how no one in the WR cared about this until it was time to bash Trump.

If the almost 80 billion dollar figure is right, than the government is most likely getting twice that much back in some way, shape or form.

I support killing of drug dealers in one case. And in this case, it would actually make a HUGE difference.
416x416.jpg

Honest question: Why are we in the midst of such an opioid epidemic?

A) Because doctors keep prescribing powerfully addictive drugs too often.

B) Because people are irresponsible with their medications (i.e. instead of taking two pills every eight hours, they take three pills every four hours).

C) ????

The data for MJ really helping people is pretty weak. I realize they're different drugs w/ different side effects.
But we're going to be in a very similar situation in a few decades.

You think MJ is going to be killing 60k people and causing 80 billion in damages?

<LikeReally5><LikeReally5><LikeReally5><LikeReally5>

Always. Every rogan podcast goes like this. I know five people that smoke pot and are successful. Neat. Vast majority of daily smokers are burn outs telling you it doesn't hurt you
<TrumpWrong1>

If it takes that much for you to get out of bed, goodnight buddy.

If it takes a ton of drugs to live. Bye.

I am usually fine in the morning, but around six, it starts to really bother me. I have a few herniated discs, and spondololisthesis, which is a long word that means that my lumbar spine is broken and slipping forward. It’s not a lot of fun.

Back