6 years ago one of the greatest comeback wins of all time happened

Greatest comeback in MMA?

• Total voters
No matter what the fact is that Chael destroyed more brain cells of Anderson Silva than the other way in those 2 fights.

It`s the greatest comeback and the most iconic, but Cheick Kongo on Pat Barry was awesome.

Where did this Chael didn't know the rules stuff come from? The guy had 7 submission losses before Silva, 3 of them in the UFC. That has to be one of the dumbest lines of bullshit I've seen yet.

It was something Chael said 5 years ago attempting to be funny, and his fans repeat it years later as if it's not been said a million times before....but they're "trolling" and everyone else is being "triggered"

Chael clearly stated that he thought it ended the round, not the fight.

If he didn't think that, why would he tap with like a minute to go?

Chael is the GOAT.

Anderson's a bum.

Sorry, losers.

So you like the quick tap and the Brazil tap?

I remember watching it with my GF who really knew nothing about MMA - I was telling her it was going to be a one sided beat down from Silva.

After smoking a few joints, eating pizza and watching Sonnen drop Silva I freaked out. Really fun fight to watch for sure!

Chael clearly stated that he thought it ended the round, not the fight.

If he didn't think that, why would he tap with like a minute to go?

Chael is the GOAT.

Anderson's a bum.

Sorry, losers.
Right, that was Chael's 8th time being subbed, trust me he was crystal clear on that rule.

Knowing you're well behind on the scorecards,have taken tons of damage through 4.5 rounds and it's the last minute of the fight,and then you pull that off.
Amazing.

Hard to argue it wasnt the best comeback, that and Barry vs Kongo are probably the best.

Frankie vs Maynard
Mir vs Nog 2
Hughes vs Trigg
Sylvia vs Arlovski 2
Brock vs Carwin

Also good ones.

People conveniently forget that Chael pissed hot for this fight and would not have held onto the belt with a positive drug test, despite winning the match.

it gets cancelled out when you find out that Anderson was on the juice as well.

It wasn't a comeback remember? Silva lost the rounds on purpose so he could submit him in the last round to prove he didn't get his black belt out of a cereal box.

That was the craziest fight ever to watch live. Saw it at bar,total pandemonium the entire fight.

Back