Minnja

Touch-Butt white belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
silva-rocked.gif

anderson_silva_v_4piyo5fi-1.gif

HQSonnenTaps_medium.gif

Last edited:
Chael didn't know the rules. He thought that tapping would cost him the round, not the fight as a whole. In the mean streets of West Linn, Oregon, you don't get to be a champion for wrapping your legs around a gansgter's neck for a couple of seconds after getting you ass whooped for 25 minutes.

Doesn't count. 49-46 Chael. And new.

The buildup for this fight birthed the most annoying fanbase of all time on Sherdog....until the "Conor Bless" crowd came around.

that was effing cray

Chael didn't know the rules. He thought that tapping would cost him the round, not the fight as a whole. In the mean streets of West Linn, Oregon, you don't get to be a champion for wrapping your legs around a gansgter's neck for a couple of seconds after getting you ass whooped for 25 minutes.

"Fighting Anderson Silva is like eating Chinese food... after 10 minutes you want to do it again"

The buildup for this fight birthed the most annoying fanbase of all time on Sherdog....until the "Conor Bless" crowd came around.

I remember those "I'm with Chael Sonnen" AVs prior to the first fight. The butthurt over Anderson was also at an all-time high because of the Maia fight.

... had to scroll down and read before voting to see what fight this was about. (Don't have events memorized)

I was at that event. Crowd was going nuts. Top to bottom a quality event.

One of the best cards of 2010 from start to finish.

Time flies.

Absolutely loved that moment!

Chael clearly stated that he thought it ended the round, not the fight.

If he didn't think that, why would he tap with like a minute to go?

Chael is the GOAT.

Anderson's a bum.

Sorry, losers.

Chael clearly stated that he thought it ended the round, not the fight.

If he didn't think that, why would he tap with like a minute to go?

Chael is the GOAT.

Anderson's a bum.

Sorry, losers.

When a Sonnen fan and Conor fan are one in the same, you get this.

The second fight was an early stoppage. Chael Sonnen was about to jump up like a spring before the ref stopped it. Chael has two wins over Anderson Silva in my book, which is the only one that matters.

When a Sonnen fan and Conor fan are one in the same, you get this.

He didn't say anything wrong. Chael was only familiar with the Oregon MMA ruleset. He legitimately did not know tapping actually ended the fight.

Where did this Chael didn't know the rules stuff come from? The guy had 7 submission losses before Silva, 3 of them in the UFC. That has to be one of the dumbest lines of bullshit I've seen yet.

People conveniently forget that Chael pissed hot for this fight and would not have held onto the belt with a positive drug test, despite winning the match.

Back