Media 6 years ago, Mirko Cro Cop avenged his devastating loss by finishing Gabriel Gonzaga in the rematch

War Mirko.

gabriel-gonzaga-head-cut.jpg

Love the thread, OP. Completely points out the hypocrisy of many Sherdoggers.

Certain fighters are praised for avenging their losses - no matter how embarrassing - while others, such as CroCop, only ever get berated and demeaned for their losses, even when they've avenged them.

My favorite fight ever. Legendary Mirko Cro Cop extracted sweet revenge against Gonzaga via arching elbows over the defenses of Gonzaga. Those elbows weren't slashing, they were concussive

Yea the commentary was spot on. "Those elbows aren't cutting, they're concussing". Although the last one or two did cut him too.

its been 6 years already?

gg was dominating that fight before gassing out

Really wish him and Fedor fought a second time even if both were over the hill.

I’m glad he went out on a win streak, and I hope he doesn’t suffer any complications from the stroke he had.

OW I remember...it was like a funeral...than I almost jumped out of a window.

Can it really be called avenging the loss when the first fight would have got him a title shot and he was on top of the world, and the second fight both guys were shot and the fight didn't matter?

<seedat>

Yep, both were done, yet main eventing a UFC card. I guess for a brief moment it was nice for CC to get revenge, and stopping a BJJ guy on the ground, but they both were shot at that point. Shouldn't have been on the roster, let alone headlining.

Love the thread, OP. Completely points out the hypocrisy of many Sherdoggers.

Certain fighters are praised for avenging their losses - no matter how embarrassing - while others, such as CroCop, only ever get berated and demeaned for their losses, even when they've avenged them.

It also seems fitting that this was CC's final fight in the UFC, where he got revenge to the guy that gave him the most impactful loss in his career.

Revenge is so underrated,can’t believe it’s been 6 years though

Can it really be called avenging the loss when the first fight would have got him a title shot and he was on top of the world, and the second fight both guys were shot and the fight didn't matter?
I wouldn’t but I think it makes some people feel better.

Back