***#6 Ranked UFC Bantamweight, Jimmie "El Terror" Rivera SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you miss Mike Goldberg?

Would a scrap with marlon moraes interest you should he sign with the UFC, or are you only currently interested in fighting a top 5 ranked UFC BW at the moment?

Hi Jimmie

First of all, congrats on the biggest win of your career against the legend Faber, what a performance. You have an incredible 20-1 record and i see your only loss came in your second professional bout. Fighters usually say they learn and evolve much more when they experience losing than when they win, so my question is: Do you think losing a fight early in your career was a pivotal moment to achieve the skill set you have currently? Do you think you would be where you are right now, if you didn`t lose that fight?

Thanks in advance for the response and looking forward to your next fight!
my first two fights were at 150. i didnt really realize much on why people cut weight. i never cut weight as an amateur. So my second fight i came in at 150 and the other guy came in at 170 the next day(fight day). i lost that fight by split to decision and my coach spoke to me and basically learned he hard way that i need to start cutting weight.

Would a scrap with marlon moraes interest you should he sign with the UFC, or are you only currently interested in fighting a top 5 ranked UFC BW at the moment?
interesting fighting, cruz, cody or tj either one of them

Your striking was next level against Faber. Would you stand and bang with Cody No-Love? I would love to see you KO him too.
yes i would stand and bang with cody!!! look forward to that one day and fighting for the belt

i will not be fighting that day anymore, my coaches and i decided we will wait for caraway to get better or get a fight with the top rank guys such as tj or cruz
Damn, you ain't f*ckin' around with your rize in the UFC. You looked amazing against Faber. Lookin' forward to seeing you throw down with the current big 3.

The big 3 got similar stylez & used it to rize to the top... what are some of the similarities & differencez in your style?

Who would you say gave you your toughest fight outside of the UFC?

Thoughts on Cody Garbrandt and TJ Dillashaw`s performances in their last fights and was there anything that surprised you in both those fights?

Thoughts on Cody Garbrandt and TJ Dillashaw`s performances in their last fights and was there anything that surprised you in both those fights?
c
Tj had a great game plan, i guess that is why bryan caraway wanted to fight him so bad. Cody surprised me, thought cruz got in his head but definitely didnt. he put on a good performance.

Did not making it into the tuf house put a chip on your shoulder at all? I was pissed that you, and Dennis fought each other in the entry round since I like both of you guys, and I was excited to see two Puerto Ricans represent in the tuf house

How bad did Faber's eye poke affect you during and after the fight?

Damn, you ain't f*ckin' around with your rize in the UFC. You looked amazing against Faber. Lookin' forward to seeing you throw down with the current big 3.

The big 3 got similar stylez & used it to rize to the top... what are some of the similarities & differencez in your style?
i think out of the top three we are similar strikers. i believe my striking is better then theirs

Hey Jimmie,

Bummed your not fighting next week but totally get it that you gotta make the right moves for your own career. What food do you miss most when your in camp and close to a fight? Best of luck in 2017 and looking forward to seeing you fight soon

Hey Jimmie,

Bummed your not fighting next week but totally get it that you gotta make the right moves for your own career. What food do you miss most when your in camp and close to a fight? Best of luck in 2017 and looking forward to seeing you fight soon
love oreos especially oreo cereal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back