6 quick reviews of stuff I watched.

Hereditary: 7.5/10. Wasn't bad, actually pretty good, but i don't expect much from horror films anymore. Also
does every horror film need to involve the devil in some way? Like let's get more creative here

It wasnt the devil, it was Paimon.

I'll eventually revisit it. Keep in mind like the lighthouse it isn't my cup of tea genre. I could easily see it being a 9 or maybe a 10 if that's your genre. I'm going to be checking out midsummer here soon.

Midsommer was horrendous, night and day in comparison to Hereditary. You've been warned

The lighthouse: 7/10
I get what they were going for here. Good psychological/horror elements. Great performances.....very weird...just not my cup of tea overall but great movie. Seagull was the best part. I get the movie.

Brawl on cell block 99: 8.5/10
Would be a 9 or 10 but the first half is a little slow and the videogame audio is too noticeable. But overall what a great fucking action film. Feels like the punisher meets shawshank meets the revenant.

Hereditary: 7.5/10. Wasn't bad, actually pretty good, but i don't expect much from horror films anymore. Also
does every horror film need to involve the devil in some way? Like let's get more creative here

Due Date: 7/10
People didn't like this movie? I get that it's a PTAA ripoff and Zach G is doing a retread of his hangover character but I thought it was a sweet little buddy roadtrip movie with genuinely funny moments and good performance by RDJ.

The queens gambit: 8/10
Minus 2 points for not showing me more of ATJ's fine, fine ass. Damn. Shes also a good actress and all that and the series was good overall but maybe, maybe could've been edited a little better and had a tiny bit more conflict. I feel like it's the most agreeable set of characters ive ever witnessed in a film.

Being John Malchovich: 9.5/10.
Idk why I'm not giving it a 10. This film was just great. Great concept, great acting, great writing. What I like most is the near perfect pacing and how it doesn't treat you like an idiot and need to fill in every detail or explain every concept. Doesn't get overblown by the many threads and questions that plot inevitably creates. Reminded me of the truman show in that way. Seamless editing.

The lighthouse: 7/10
I get what they were going for here. Good psychological/horror elements. Great performances.....very weird...just not my cup of tea overall but great movie. Seagull was the best part. I get the movie.

Brawl on cell block 99: 8.5/10
Would be a 9 or 10 but the first half is a little slow and the videogame audio is too noticeable. But overall what a great fucking action film. Feels like the punisher meets shawshank meets the revenant.

Due Date: 7/10
People didn't like this movie? I get that it's a PTAA ripoff and Zach G is doing a retread of his hangover character but I thought it was a sweet little buddy roadtrip movie with genuinely funny moments and good performance by RDJ.

The queens gambit: 8/10
Minus 2 points for not showing me more of ATJ's fine, fine ass. Damn. Shes also a good actress and all that and the series was good overall but maybe, maybe could've been edited a little better and had a tiny bit more conflict. I feel like it's the most agreeable set of characters ive ever witnessed in a film.

Being John Malchovich: 9.5/10.
Idk why I'm not giving it a 10. This film was just great. Great concept, great acting, great writing. What I like most is the near perfect pacing and how it doesn't treat you like an idiot and need to fill in every detail or explain every concept. Doesn't get overblown by the many threads and questions that plot inevitably creates. Reminded me of the truman show in that way. Seamless editing.
Big fan of Due Date, it's one of my favorite comedies from the last 20 years, nice little road movie, kinda sweet without over doing it, nice Pink Floyd stoner scene

'You're eyes are glassy as fuck too'

Big fan of Due Date, it's one of my favorite comedies from the last 20 years, nice little road movie, kinda sweet without over doing it, nice Pink Floyd stoner scene

'You're eyes are glassy as fuck too'

That whole Mexican border scene was great. I lost it when he broke him out.

Upgrade is on my list. Actually tried watching it recently but wasn't on Amazon or Netflix. I'll just rent it though.

dude, it was surprisingly good. Some good ass kills too. One of the better movies I have seen lately for reals. Great ending too.

Upgrade is on my list. Actually tried watching it recently but wasn't on Amazon or Netflix. I'll just rent it though.
It's worth the money. It has the most original and unique fight scenes out of any movie in the last 20 years, yet it's not a dumb king fu movie

I tried watching upgrade a few months ago and couldn't finish it, I didn't find the story that interesting and the guy looked like a bootleg tom hardy the whole time

You'll watch too much tv. My life is a movie (a really b grade one with terrible casting and even worse acting)