6 pack abs within 4 months.

Train for performance and health. Not looks

8 pack lookd better
If you get a 6 packs in 4 months, you just need to keep going for a month and 10 days.

giphy.gif

Why's that a bad idea? A lot of guys, especially skinny guys, have trouble seeing abs even at like 10%. And then when they do finally get them, they look like shit. Ab work is extremely important to get abs visible and make them more aesthetic. You want abs that look they're cut from diamonds? You're gonna have to do ab work and work them like any other muscle you want to look good.

It's like if you do no chest work and get ripped, you might not even have pec separation and even if you do, it might still look flat and terrible. Or you can do some chest flies and have pecs that pop out like Arnold even at like 12%. Abs are the same.

I used to be at 7% and still couldn't see my abs. I started doing a few hundred crunches and other ab exercises to failure after boxing 4-5 times a week. Nothing about my physique changed except I went from a flat stomach with no abs to shredded abs that popped out of my mid section.

My opinion:
Ab work yes, crunches no. The reason is there are better ab exercises like the ab wheel, hanging leg raises, and Roman twists. It feels like you are getting more resistance to a wider range of motion. And you don’t need to put your lower back through hundreds of reps 4-5 days a week. Like you said, it should he treated like other muscle groups so concentrating on abs can have good results without going over 2 times per week.

Thing is, a good portion of "six pack Abs" is simply genetics. Some guys could work out their abs for the rest of their lives and diet down to zero percent body body fat, and they'd still never get six pack abs. I'll admit I barely have to lift at all to get results. I do maybe 25 minutes three times a week, but I also see people at the gym who workout way harder than I do and can't build muscle to save their lives. Life's not fair when it comes to Abs....

<Fedor23>
80 percent of is diet. It's hard to build muscle when you're boozing all the time and eating like shit.

Back