6 missing climbers believed dead

I've climbed Mount Ranier before and they were on a tough rout.

Doesn't look good for the climbers.

Sad story. :( 3000' is a long way to fall/tumble/etc... It's actually unfathomable to me, as a non-climber, to think of falling more than half a mile.

Wow, I thought that Mt Rein was a pretty basic climb for being so tall?

Fell bad for them. I personally never had the urge to climb mountains.

I dont get how people get their thrills doing these kind of activities. Shit is dangerous.

If your family member says theyre gonna go climb some mountain or sail to the other side of the world just be prepared to hear something similar to this. Because the chances of them going missing is alot higher than me saying im going to go for walk around the block.

I dont get how people get their thrills doing these kind of activities. Shit is dangerous.

If your family member says theyre gonna go climb some mountain or sail to the other side of the world just be prepared to hear something similar to this. Because the chances of them going missing is alot higher than me saying im going to go for walk around the block.

There's a lot of variables there. I have good friends who are climbers... They've never had anything too bad happen. One got bit by a snake and a couple of pretty nasty insect bites over the years, but nothing severe enough to stop them from doing what they enjoy.

Taxpayers money at work, trying to save the deliberately stupid.

Harsh, but that's pretty much how I see it. Recreational mountain climbers should be forced to sign a "don't come rescue me"-contract unless they've made an advance deposit to pay for any eventuality.

They don't make you do that already, do they?

there's so much morbid humor on this site I have no idea why people are getting up in arms itt

They took a risk and lost. It happens. It's NOT a tragedy.

Harsh, but that's pretty much how I see it. Recreational mountain climbers should be forced to sign a "don't come rescue me"-contract unless they've made an advance deposit to pay for any eventuality.

Do you have one of those for your driving on the highways?
Or eating at a restaurant? (Don't give me aid if I have an allergic reaction or choke)

Yeah, may as well make don't rescue me laws for idiots in traffic, since that takes up much more of your time and money annually than a couple hikers on Rainier.

tumblr_mkne6a58HG1rytgrro1_500.gif

Yeah, may as well make don't rescue me laws for idiots in traffic, since that takes up much more of your time and money annually than a couple hikers on Rainier.

tumblr_mkne6a58HG1rytgrro1_500.gif

I haven't laughed this hard at a post in a while... Well done, Sir :icon_twis

Sucks for the family but I have no sympathy for people when they die doing dangerous stuff. Isn't defying death the thing they are looking for and why they do it? Well sometimes death gets the upper hand. I know its a shitty thing to say but that's how I've always felt.

You have no perspective. The leading killers in our culture are preventable, heart disease and lifestyle related cancers. Huge burden on healthcare and tax dollars.

And should fat people be denied healthcare? And at fault MVA victims shouldn't get an ambulance?

Sucks for the family but I have no sympathy for people when they die doing dangerous stuff. Isn't defying death the thing they are looking for and why they do it? Well sometimes death gets the upper hand. I know its a shitty thing to say but that's how I've always felt.

No, it's not about defying death.

Back