6 Champions with Zero Title Defence *****

LoopingRight

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
These are strange days in the UFC my friends.

We now have 6 champions who have yet to defend their belts.
Stipe
Bisping
Woodley
Alvarez
McGregor
Nunes (credit to woodward50)

200.gif

Cormier and Cruz have defended once.

Mighty Mouse has 8. Save us DJ.

Last edited:
Looks like vince was right

Can't build stars without controlling the outcomes

Ufc is doomed

<33>

We now have 5 champions who have yet to defend their belts.
Stipe
Bisping
Woodleyy
Alvarez
McGregor

200.gif

Woodley just won the title tonight so he is exempted to this question and Miocic is scheduled to fight the Seem this August,Bisping is scheduled to defend his belt against Henderson?I don't know about Alvarez.

Proves just how GREAT guys like Jose Aldo, GSP, Anderson, DJ and Jones really are/were.

Keeping a hold of that strap is difficult as fuck.

Last edited:

Stipe
Bisping
Woodleyy
Alvarez
McGregor

200.gif

That gif

:)

Woodley just won the title tonight so he is exempted to this question and Miocic is scheduled to fight the Seem this August,Bisping is scheduled to defend his belt against Henderson?I don't know about Alvarez.
Not saying there isn't a chance of them defending.

The point is that a lot of belts have changed hands in a short enough period of time that we now find ourselves in the unusual position.

Ufc is doomed

<33>

There was a time when I thought they were doing exactly that, capped off by the ridiculous Conor-Aldo fight. And who knows, maybe they were. But it's definitely not happening now.

Lol dude none of them.can help it if they just won the belt. ALL of them are exempted.

Stipe
Bisping
Woodleyy
Alvarez
McGregor

200.gif

You forgot little Marco. He won the title from Dillashaw and hasn't defended it.

Stipe, BIsping, and McGregor would defend their titles very soon. Can't say the same for the others.

The Seem?

Who's that, Kyle Kingsbury?

Whos gonna beat BisKing in the middleweight division? Hes gonna retire Hendo then its either Weidman or Jacare. Neither are good enough to compete post usada imo

Yeah but when it was all dominant champs people hated that too

Ufc is doomed

<33>
He's not completely incorrect. Certainly makes it more difficult, knowing an investment can just go stale at any given moment. But vince is also sacrificing in other areas to be able to have that freedom of controlling outcomes. Which is the realism, which obviously will limit his audience to a degree. But it's definitely worked out for him for a long time. Both business models have their merits.

Back