5x5 and other body parts??

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by WORKOUTGUY, Apr 1, 2008.

1. WORKOUTGUY

WORKOUTGUY Banned Banned

I posted yesterday that i finished my first day of 5x5. Im incredibly sore but ina good a trained my ass of kinda way.

Im curious though about things like traps and such. Will i simply get bigger legs back and chest but lose out on traps and shoulders???

I have been workin out for years but i am a newb to doing real workouts like the 5x5 so be gentle...:D

2. ahab

ahab Eater of small villages.

traps will be worked by the deadlifts. Shoulders... some version of the 5x5 do have overhead press in them for that.

I'd say run the 5x5, if you feel you have plenty left in the tank tack on some other lifts, but remember it is always better to leave some energy in reserve than to burn it all.

3. WORKOUTGUY

WORKOUTGUY Banned Banned

thanks, yeah i felt crushed yesterday, but a good way, i think there is military press in the one were doin. was just curious

4. andrewbc

andrewbc Purple Belt

each lift uses several muscles. for your shoulders/traps- bench press, sohp, pull ups, deadlift, dynamic row

5. WORKOUTGUY

WORKOUTGUY Banned Banned

Ok, another question guys, Im reading through the program again at eclipse, and do not see anywhere on how much weight you add on friday to your top 5 set???

6. RollinDownRodeo

RollinDownRodeo Blue Belt

On Rodeo with a shotgun on a quiet, peaceful day
    There is nothing good about being incredibly sore because your ass "got trained". Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays?

7. theNuge

theNuge Brown Belt

On the eclipse site he goes through a sample ten week program where he adds ten pounds to squat and deadlift every week and five pounds to bench.