Opinion 52% of Americans see China has the biggest threat to the US

True... but we've never had entire industries shut down due to shortages from foreign imports.

But you're likely right

Yup. But its the same folks signing those factory deals now who signed the deals to have those opportunities go away in the first place. The blame is also squarely on American business who choose to do their business overseas and just ask America to open wide to consume it.

I'd take the impolite trash talker on twitter that still loves America over our leaders that sold America out to China, globalist agendas and Fauci.

How many of you are there out there now? With this exact same opinion and constantly spouting the same bullshit and turning every topic into a left vs right shitshow. I am beginning to think you're all bots.

I agree that Xi isn't good for China, there was more hope when Hu Jintao was in power. I still don't know if they're the biggest threat to America though. I think we have a lot of our own mess to deal with before taking on another "threat".

It's not an either/or thing. The two issues are too intertwined that you have to fix both simultaneously, not one at a time. US problems at home make the China threat worst as they close the gap. While at the same time, issues caused by China are creating problems domestically for the US (e.g. IP theft and getting the American corporate elite to do their bidding).

It's not an either/or thing. The two issues are too intertwined that you have to fix both simultaneously, not one at a time. US problems at home make the China threat worst as they close the gap. While at the same time, issues caused by China are creating problems domestically for the US (e.g. IP theft and getting the American corporate elite to do their bidding).
How is that a China problem? American companies benefit as well from paying off politicians. I’ve been wanting money out of politics for years. Sounds to me like it’s more of a problem with greed in our system. China has a huge market also, that’s part of capitalism which is why I advocate for regulation.

How is that a China problem? American companies benefit as well from paying off politicians. I’ve been wanting money out of politics for years. Sounds to me like it’s more of a problem with greed in our system. China has a huge market also, that’s part of capitalism which is why I advocate for regulation.

I am saying that US has problems domestically and problems abroad with China. They are both fuelling each other and you need a holistic solution that tackles both problems. Not just one or other other.

How many of you are there out there now? With this exact same opinion and constantly spouting the same bullshit and turning every topic into a left vs right shitshow. I am beginning to think you're all bots.
The ironic part is they’re the ones who call others NPCs. So boring the same old conspiracies over and over

China took advantage of greedy American politicians who wanted larger profits and cheaper labor. You can get angry at China all you'd like but at the end of the day a lot of countries would have taken that deal. Ultimately, a large part of the blame has to go on us and I don't really see that as much as I do just pure hatred of anything that is Chinese. Doesn't seem really fair imo, I'm more of a hate the game than player type of person though.

China has its own domestic issues that I hope one day it will overcome but so far they've never bombed other countries. I'm more concerned that American won't fix its ideological divide.

I want America to move back its production simply because the pandemic showed a lot of weaknesses in our economy. But this boogeyman stuff is a bit too much

I'm more of a hate the player for playing the game kind of guy. China's isn't forced to be a genocidal expansionist prick, they choose to be that way.

Yup. But its the same folks signing those factory deals now who signed the deals to have those opportunities go away in the first place. The blame is also squarely on American business who choose to do their business overseas and just ask America to open wide to consume it.
The blame can be placed on Nixon and Kissinger for welcoming China into the Western sphere, which continuted with every succeeding administration. Kissinger is still shilling for China.

China is something Democrats, Republicans and Independents agree on.

- China tops the list for Republicans (64%) as well as Democrats and Independents (both 44%), making this our first survey to reveal cross-partisan consensus on this question.

Ally or Enemy
- When asked in general whether China is an ally or an enemy, 65% now say enemy, which is up 10 points over the last three years.

Recognition of Taiwan
- 71% of Americans want the US to recognize Taiwan as a country
- 55% of Americans support moving US military assets into the area.

Virus Lab Leak

- 72% of Americans believe the virus was developed in the Chinese lab and accidentally leaked

Winter Olympics

- 60% of Americans support a boycott and relocation of the games
- 60% support a business boycott

Lol, when are we gonna talk about beef jerky prices?

- A recent survey conducted by the Ronald Regan Presidential Foundation and Institute finds that 52% of Americans view China as the biggest threat to the U.S.

- This % figure is up 15% from Feb, an increase of 28% from 2019 and an increase of 21% from 2018.

- Russia was considered the next biggest threat at 14%. Iran was number # 3 with 12% followed by Afghanistan at 5%.

The survey found 52 percent of Americans view China as the biggest international threat to the U.S., up 15 percent from this past February.

The number is up more than 20 percent from 2019 and 2018, when 28 percent and 21 percent respectively saw China as the biggest threat to the U.S.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...ricans-list-china-as-top-threat-in-new-survey

----

In March , Pew published this article

Roughly nine-in-ten U.S. adults (89%) consider China a competitor or enemy, rather than a partner, according to a new Pew Research Center survey.

Many also support taking a firmer approach to the bilateral relationship, whether by promoting human rights in China, getting tougher on China economically or limiting Chinese students studying abroad in the United States. More broadly, 48% think limiting China’s power and influence should be a top foreign policy priority for the U.S., up from 32% in 2018.

Today, 67% of Americans have “cold” feelings toward China on a “feeling thermometer,” giving the country a rating of less than 50 on a 0 to 100 scale. This is up from just 46% who said the same in 2018. The intensity of these negative feelings has also increased: The share who say they have “very cold” feelings toward China (0-24 on the same scale) has roughly doubled from 23% to 47%.

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/...toward-china-on-human-rights-economic-issues/

----

Americans see China as biggest threat because they aim to ‘replace’ US: KT McFarland

New poll finds 52% of Americans find China as greatest national threat

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/china-biggest-threat-replace-us-kt-mcfarland

----

Edit
Iran is at 4% . North Korea is 12%. The Hill article has a typo.
People seeing Iran as a threat, let alone the BIGGEST threat, is a fucking joke. Pure propaganda nonsense.

<{MingNope}>

So while Trump was mocked the first 3 years of his presidency for focusing on China....while the media and dems focused on Russia.

Trump may be an asshole, but he sure seemed a whole lot better at spotting threats to America.

He was also right about the media, FBI, CIA, and big tech.
He was mocked more for his pronunciation of "China" than his actual antipathy or policies toward them. Which a lot of Americans on both sides share, even if for different reasons.

i think we should strategically invest in manufacturing in the states and become less dependent upon chinese imports in general. its no good to be dependent upon a country that could so easily be an enemy.

Really what we are seeing is the collapse of the idea that neoliberial economics were somehow fundamental to liberal democracy.

The idea that China opening up to capitalism would inevitably lead to its move towards being a liberal democracy was a very popular view in the 90's and 00's but were seeing the effect of capitalism wasnt liberail democracy is was fascism.

China is something Democrats, Republicans and Independents agree on.

- China tops the list for Republicans (64%) as well as Democrats and Independents (both 44%), making this our first survey to reveal cross-partisan consensus on this question.

Ally or Enemy
- When asked in general whether China is an ally or an enemy, 65% now say enemy, which is up 10 points over the last three years.

Recognition of Taiwan
- 71% of Americans want the US to recognize Taiwan as a country
- 55% of Americans support moving US military assets into the area.

Virus Lab Leak

- 72% of Americans believe the virus was developed in the Chinese lab and accidentally leaked

Winter Olympics

- 60% of Americans support a boycott and relocation of the games
- 60% support a business boycott

I was likely to going to Passive Aggressively boycott the games anyway... As I have zero plans on watching any of it regardless of where they're held. lol..

I agree that Xi isn't good for China, there was more hope when Hu Jintao was in power. I still don't know if they're the biggest threat to America though. I think we have a lot of our own mess to deal with before taking on another "threat".

You're right... We're too far and there's too big an ocean for China to be a threat to the US (outside of nuclear weapons).

I see China as more a global threat and they seem in the early beginnings of trying to expand a dynasty.

And with their style of Government vs the US... The CCP is better able to play the long game. US Presidents only really need to to plan 4-8 years out....

The CCP is also able to put the needs of the State above individual groups... By force when necessary.

No country is a threat the the US. The end of the day our military is still ran by Gung ho d bags and I mean that in the best possible way.

Back