6-mir
7- sylvia

1) Fedor
2) Big Nog
3) Cro Cop
4) Josh Barnett
5) Frank Mir
6) Mark Coleman
7) Igor (even though he also fought in lighter classes as well)

Considering the recent domination by Overeem, he also deserves mention.

And I would be okay with switching anyone around in the 3-7 range on my list.

Fedor and Big nog are perennial greats

Holmes is an atg today but shit u should read up on the hatred he got in the past. It makes wlad hate look tame

Holmes's biggest obstacle in his career, was that he came right after the era of Ali, (and he brutally retired Ali)..

He never got out from under his shadow....and to make matters worse...he preceded the era of Mike Tyson.

Larry HOlmes is the korean War of American Military history...sandwiched between WWII and the Vietnam War...hence the forgotten War

1) Fedor
2) Big Nog
3) Cro Cop
4) Josh Barnett
5) Frank Mir
6) Mark Coleman
7) Igor (even though he also fought in lighter classes as well)

Considering the recent domination by Overeem, he also deserves mention.

And I would be okay with switching anyone around in the 3-7 range on my list.

Fedor and Big nog are perennial greats

Coleman? Best wins at HW being what, Frye x 2, Goodridge, Goes, Severn, Igor and Shogun (sort of)? That's better than Sylvia? Including losses in his prime to Smith, Williams, Rizzo and the Pride big 3?

Igor? Best wins at heavyweight being what, Goodridge, Saku, Yvel, Bobbish or Kerr? That's better than Sylvia?

Overeem? Best wins at heavyweight Sergei Kharitonov, Werdum and Brock? That's better than Sylvia?

Once again, compare Sylvia's record and Cro Cops... they're not that different. If Cro Cop is in your top 3 then Sylvia has to be at least in the 5-7 range.

Sylvia easy top ten, beat Ricco, AA twice (though lost to him twice too), Vera and Monson, all ranked when the shitiac beat them.

Coleman? Best wins at HW being what, Frye x 2, Goodridge, Goes, Severn, Igor and Shogun (sort of)? That's better than Sylvia? Including losses in his prime to Smith, Williams, Rizzo and the Pride big 3?

Igor? Best wins at heavyweight being what, Goodridge, Saku, Yvel, Bobbish or Kerr? That's better than Sylvia?

Overeem? Best wins at heavyweight Sergei Kharitonov, Werdum and Brock? That's better than Sylvia?

Once again, compare Sylvia's record and Cro Cops... they're not that different. If Cro Cop is in your top 3 then Sylvia has to be at least in the 5-7 range.

I placed Coleman due to his reign in the tournament style of UFC.

And Igor...watch some of his fights prior to Pride (and pride).

And Overeem's resume speaks for itself.

I placed Coleman due to his reign in the tournament style of UFC.

And Igor...watch some of his fights prior to Pride (and pride).

And Overeem's resume speaks for itself.

lol at Igor.

who did he beat at heavy? Paul Varlens? Gilbert Yvel?

Igor was an opponent at HW. Sylvia was a champion multiple times.

Tim fought in tourneys in superbrawl too.

The great minds of sherdogs MMA forum will clear this up for us!

I'm actually shocked...most of the post there are actually praising, respecting and affording the respect Tim Sylvia deserves.

Most reject the "Larry Holmes of MMA" bull shit though...

I'm actually shocked...most of the post there are actually praising, respecting and affording the respect Tim Sylvia deserves.

Most reject the "Larry Holmes of MMA" bull shit though...

Great fighters are always appreciated more after they peak.

I wasn't even aware he still fought.

lol at Igor.

who did he beat at heavy? Paul Varlens? Gilbert Yvel?

Igor was an opponent at HW. Sylvia was a champion multiple times.

Tim fought in tourneys in superbrawl too.

Not only did Coleman fight in tournament styles in UFC, he also did so in pride, and won at both.

In terms of accomplishments, fight resume, Mark Coleman easily surpasses Tim Sylvia.

You watch that? I didn't see it.

Looked like he was in better shape than his last few based on the pics I saw.

No I didn't...I actually didn't know he fought until I did a fight check on Tim Sylvia during one of our man discussions on him in the boxing forum, LOL.

I thought he retired after getting destroyed by AA...guess not.

Back