50/50 guard set up questions

Smokey McPot

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
how do i set up the 50/50 guard? I mean there has to be a step by step basics on it right? i know cobrinha does is from de la riva guard then goes to inverted guard and finally to 50/50. Is there a simpler way of doing this? i've seen the mendes bros and some of the ATOS athletes transition from DLR guard to 50/50 but it's either they're scrambling for it or they have a really crazy set up for it. BJJ guys help!

there's a million ways to get to it, just triangle the leg, how u get there doesnt matter, u r askin a ? that can only be answered by pullin 50/50 about a million times

there's a million ways to get to it, just triangle the leg, how u get there doesnt matter, u r askin a ? that can only be answered by pullin 50/50 about a million times

that's just about what mikey said. what do you mean just triangle the leg? you can't just do that. reaping the leg from the outside is illegal in ibjjf rules. the Ryan hall DVD will surely give me tons of info.

"little" Tony Pacenski has an instructional and I think it shows close to 20 entries? Also shows sweeps, submissions and passing as well. Its also the only dvd that is for Sport BJJ. It sold out on Budovideos.com, so go to his website at WWW.SOULFIGHT.NET- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Hot Yoga, Social Network and Much more:::::::[email protected] and it would be in the faixa preta link.

YouTube - WWW.SOULFIGHT.NET The Faixa Preta Series- 50/50 Guard- Clip 1

thats a clip of an entry from half guard.

that's just about what mikey said. what do you mean just triangle the leg? you can't just do that. reaping the leg from the outside is illegal in ibjjf rules. the Ryan hall DVD will surely give me tons of info.

i just read your post and replied, mikey can sue me :)

well obviously in a comp or training u dont wanna reap but everywhere else, just triangle the leg

but for ibjjf, u can get there from a traditional leg lock position, instead of having inside knee through get ur leg through and then bring across to lock triangle outside knee, how do u get your leg thru, use your weight, if u have him in a leg lock position, u need him to spread his base, so go for a sweep

plus u have to look for opportunities to get 50/50, it may come it may not in a match

Back