5 years in, best game of the generation?

Best game of this generation?

• Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragon Age Inquisition

• Fallout 4

• Fortnite

• Gears of War 4

• God of War

• Halo 5: Guardians

• Horizon Zero Dawn

• Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

• Overwatch

• PUBG

• Resident Evil 7

• Spiderman

• Super Mario Odyssey

• Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

• Total voters
Witcher 3

For those that did not enjoy the Witcher combat- try one of the excellent gameplay mods.
I stopped playing partway through the vanilla game because combat was sort of boring but restarted with w3ee. It was a huge learning curve but once I got the settings the way I wanted and used to the combat it really carried throughout to make the whole game fun. I highly recommend. {The base scaling is a little hard at first, I upped my health scale bar to compensate}
Witcher 3 with bloodborne combat would be the greatest game of all time IMHO

I hated the combat in Witcher 3, let me swing my sword without doing a 360 first... Witcher without contextual combat and locked swings like dark souls would have made the game so much more fun, also fuck off with weapon degrade, such a stupid thing to have in a game especially when you can't grind for levels or money any way. Witcher 3 is over-rated as fuck, combat sucks, have to pause to change throw-a-buls, overrated. Plus having glowing red lights to loot stuff, I really don't understand why people like that game so much. Looting sucks, 360 to slash my sword sucks, any game with changeable difficulty shows the game is broken.

I hated the combat in Witcher 3, let me swing my sword without doing a 360 first... Witcher without contextual combat and locked swings like dark souls would have made the game so much more fun, also fuck off with weapon degrade, such a stupid thing to have in a game especially when you can't grind for levels or money any way. Witcher 3 is over-rated as fuck, combat sucks, have to pause to change throw-a-buls, overrated.
agreed that the combat sucks. I liked the world, cities, and quests though

That is what kills me about that game, if they would of had lock frame combat it would probably be the best medieval rpg of all time. I value story over game-play, I couldn't get through Witcher3 because the combat is dogshit and has nothing to do with the skill of the player.

My vote probably shouldn't count because I play on PC and therefore obviously missed exclusives, but of those games Witcher 3 was my favorite.

The world, cities, quests and even characters were incredible. But combat was so shit. I thought RDR2 was fine control wise but what people say about that is how I felt about Witcher.

That is what kills me about that game, if they would of had lock frame combat it would probably be the best medieval rpg of all time. I value story over game-play, I couldn't get through Witcher3 because the combat is dogshit and has nothing to do with the skill of the player.
Another complaint I had with Witcher 3 is that the story felt rushed after the battle of Kaer Morhen

Witcher 3 for me, that game is EPIC !!!!!!!!, I played it so much. Its just simply a awesome game. I have the PS4 copy.

If anyone hasn't played Witcher 3, then trust me go and buy it now.

The last of us remastered is the best game I ever played, but I know I can't include that.

Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, Resident Evil 7, Mario Maker and Hollow Knight.

I hate Open World games so this gen has been painful for me to endure.

You should check out Witcher 3 enhanced edition - espdcially if you hated the combat. It's a mod that completely changes it. Once you get used to the mechanics and learning curve it's actually pretty fun. Everything is deleveled and the combat is much closer to bloodborne with a mouse and keyboard.

God Of War blew me away but i'm a big fan of that series always have been.

Lol @ any Xbox games making the cut, my personal pick is Bloodborne. It was good enough for me to get a platinum trophy for it, that shit wasn’t easy either.
I really want this to come to PC. I just don't want to drop the money on a console these days

You should check out Witcher 3 enhanced edition - espdcially if you hated the combat. It's a mod that completely changes it. Once you get used to the mechanics and learning curve it's actually pretty fun. Everything is deleveled and the combat is much closer to bloodborne with a mouse and keyboard.
Damn I wish I had Witcher 3 for pc so I could use mods. Even though the story is great I hated the contextual combat so bad that I couldn't get through even 1/4 of the game before putting it down. Just let me swing my sword without doing a damn 360 first, is that too much to ask? Still haven't' a clue what they were trying for with the shit combat system.

Loling at all the Witcher 3 votes. The combat sucked ass in that game. If a main part of your gameplay loop sucks in your game, then you have no feet to stand on, you have no business being in a GOAT discussion.

Loling at all the Witcher 3 votes. The combat sucked ass in that game. If a main part of your gameplay loop sucks in your game, then you have no feet to stand on, you have no business being in a GOAT discussion.
I didn't think the combat sucked ass. I think it was certainly not a highlight for the game but I never felt like it was ruining the game for me like it does in RDR2. I also think of it more as an RPG and less of an action game so the combat doesnt way as heavy in the overall scheme of things.

Who's the mod that patrols this forum? Can you add a poll?

Back