5 X 5: Leg Overgrowth

BabyJ187

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been working the Eclipse version as well as the original Bill Starr 5 x 5 for a while now, and my legs and ass are getting enormous - I've gone up two pant sizes!

My upper body has not experienced the same growth unfortunately. I don't want to put on any more size and ideally I'd go back down the 2 sizes.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Fit into skinny jeans, or get stronger. Pick one.

You know the thing about really strong people? They tend to have big legs and big assess.

Must be traumatic when you can't fit into your favorite mini skirt anymore.

I chose the Bill Starr program because it was designed with athletes in mind, I'm not ONLY interested in strength; I'm also a kickboxer and jiu-jitsu practitioner, and having monstrous legs/ass can be detrimental to my performance.

Could you guys recommend another program? Would WS4SB be a better fit potentially?

WS4SB would be worse.

If you have a specific weight class you need to be in, adjust your diet so that your weight stays where you need it to be so that you can cut before fights. As long as you're training and eating appropriately, any hypertrophy or other physical changes will be entirely inline with your goals.

You could switch to a strength program that prescribes less squatting, such as 5/3/1.

Pics of said monstrous/enormous legs are required.

I imagine that going from a 20" waist to a 24" waist would be traumatic. Stay strong TS.

This must be a troll job. Big legs sure ruined Ben Henderson, Alan Belcher, and Tyson Griffin's careers.

Ts could play runningback in the NFL.

Ts is sad because he can't squeeze into his tioght tiger shkin hotspantsh anymore.

My legs swell real fast on a basic 5x5 for either back or front squat, and 5x5 deadlift, I had the same problem, I make slim jeans look skinny jeans I cant wear them my arse is huge. But at the end of the day its worth it come summer time in them shorts.

My legs swell real fast on a basic 5x5 for either back or front squat, and 5x5 deadlift, I had the same problem, I make slim jeans look skinny jeans I cant wear them my arse is huge. But at the end of the day its worth it come summer time in them shorts.

I am surprised that you didn't say that any aesthetic unpleasantness caused by excessively large legs can be balanced by developing equally large traps... with shrugs.

I am surprised that you didn't say that any aesthetic unpleasantness caused by excessively large legs can be balanced by developing equally large traps... with shrugs.

Large traps do compliment large legs thats for sure.

This forum has been getting highly homoerotic lately, and I am going to push it over the edge:

934630_640px.jpg

I mean, look at those legs.

TS, are your legs like his? If not, carry on doing what you are doing. If they are, carry o doing what you're doing.

Back