5 reasons why Jon Jones will keep eye poking opponents.

THe mauler should
1. Poke bones in the eye in the first 1 minute of round 1.
2. Hard kick to the sack in the 3rd minute.
3: Sidekick to the kneecap to hyperextend the knee.

rinse and repeat every round til bones is a sack of bones.

The sad truth is he might as well until the ref decides to take points away. Rules are pointless unless they are enforced!

Big Dan gave him his 'last' warning against Glover but Jones still had his fingers near Glover's eyes after that and no point deduction.

Referees need to get tougher with him. I think there should be a rule that you can't extend open hands towards an opponents face unless it's a clear attempt to clinch. And clinch attempts come from the side of the face which Jones is clearly not doing.

If Gustaffson gets even semi-poked he should stop and complain. These fighters just put up with it.

The sad truth is he might as well until the ref decides to take points away. Rules are pointless unless they are enforced!

Fighters should just go in with the mindset that they won't win on decision against him so be as dirty as possible and see who gets a point deducted first.......

The criticism of Jones is absurd

One of the first things I learnt in muay thai/boxing defense was the long/extended guard, the exact outstretched lead hand, rear hand on forehead style that JJ uses. Excellent for keeping shorter opponents at distance - the only difference is using open gloves, it leaves an opponent who is rushing in in a dangerous situation - of his own doing.

I'm not going to leave my lead leg out the entire fight for Shogun, Alves or Aldo to chop away at

I'm not going to stand in the pocket with Lawler or Hendricks

I'm sure as hell not going to be flat footed, hands up high and standing square on to Sonnen or Rashad.

Don't want to get eye poked by Jones? find a way to get in the pocket, put him on his back or put him against the fence and grind it out and don't give the lanky fuck space to use the limbs to advantage.

Getting leg kicked or punched isn't against the rules. Poking someone in the eyes is. If a technique has a high probability of sticking someone in the eye with mma gloves, its unsportsmanlike and should be banned. JJ is taking advantage of his golden boy status and the timidity shown by the refs to continue using his technique.

Maybe the rules would be change if all fighters and not just JJ started using spear hands to stop rushes and maintain distance.

WOW who taught you Muay Thai ? You get told to extend your arm that's a joke the first thing learnt in Muay Thai is closed fist with a tight guard you don't walk around with one arm streatched out . To find your distance in Muay Thai you paw at your opponent with your jab can tell you have never had a lesson Offaly Thai in your life .

it is thought in Muay Thai. you dont close your fist on a MT stance. it remains open. we also do the outstretched hands/arms in training and sparring and having that open arms in front of your face is really distracting

The day that he gets knocked stiff as a board is going to be a glorious moment of humble pie. Can't wait. The longer it takes, the sweeter it will be.

Would it be sweeter if its just after an eye poke?

The biggest problem with Jones eye pokes is having to hear about it on Sherdog.

Fighters should just go in with the mindset that they won't win on decision against him so be as dirty as possible and see who gets a point deducted first.......

I'm down with that! It will have an old school UFC feel to it!

Jones is too good for this eye poke shyt. He would still be the champ without it but I agree it is crazy no points have been taken away for that repeated behavior.

side comment: Jones eye poke song was phucking awesome. the "is normal" addition made it the best ever.

Jones got 3 warnings in rd. 4 of the Gustafsson fight. So if Big John had been doing his job and taken a point that fight would have been a draw....

I'll click on threads I want and will comment the way I want asshole

That's certainly your right to do so, though I'd suggest you are displaying the more sphincteral tendencies ITT.

I'll click on threads I want and will comment the way I want asshole

I know, thanks for bumping my thread to promote the topic you hate, giving me an excuse to bump it, and you being suckered into bumping it again.

can't wait til jones starts implementing accidental groin shots next...

followed by accidental head butts.

Jones got 3 warnings in rd. 4 of the Gustafsson fight. So if Big John had been doing his job and taken a point that fight would have been a draw....

And now many seconds of rest time while Gus recovered? I wonder.

Didn't the lyoto one actually give jon the first good combination in the fight? Could be making that up.

So it has gone from Cocky, to Fake, to disrespectful, to being sensitive, to acting like a kid, now eye pokes.

I wonder what will be next.

I just love the way Jones makes people his bitches, especially his moran haters.

Didn't the lyoto one actually give jon the first good combination in the fight? Could be making that up.

He debatedly won the 1st round. He landed a punch that staggered Jones, the first of his career at that point.

Back