5 Questions with Gegard Mousasi

JBC

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/6/1/5770476/ufc-5-questions-with-gegard-mousasi-fedor-jmma

Refreshing to read an interview from a level headed fighter that understands life.

Bloody Elbow: You told me the last time I spoke to you that you were very careful with your money. What are your plans to make money after your fight career?

Gegard Mousasi: I am in the real estate business. I never spend my fight money. I invest it in real estate and rent out apartments and houses and buildings. I use the income from that to live on and my fight money goes directly back into getting more real estate. Right now I have 11 different properties. I don't want to work after I retire from fighting, and I already will be able to live a very comfortable lifestyle when that time comes.

Bloody Elbow: You told me the last time I spoke to you that you were very careful with your money. What are your plans to make money after your fight career?

Gegard Mousasi: I am in the real estate business. I never spend my fight money. I invest it in real estate and rent out apartments and houses and buildings. I use the income from that to live on and my fight money goes directly back into getting more real estate. Right now I have 11 different properties. I don't want to work after I retire from fighting, and I already will be able to live a very comfortable lifestyle when that time comes.

Makes sense comming from a sensible man..

Sounds like a wise plan. I wonder roughly how much $$ he's made throughout his career.

if there's one thing I agree with DFW is that fighters should try their best to get as much money as possible and save and invest that money wisely

Smart fighter, wish more fighters would invest.

Dont forget that Moussasi is the youngest guy in the MW top 10 division at only 28 yo. So he could potentially make a lot more money for a guy that will be in contender status his whole career. (Silva,Machida,Jacare,Kennedy,Belfort are all 34-39)

Imagine having Mousasi as your landlord? Ha I'd have the rent in early everytime! :icon_chee

Imagine negotiating the sale of a home to that stone faced killer.

Someone needs to forward this to Cerrone.

He's a smart guy both in and outside the cage, quick calculation , hes made somewhere around 500K in the UFC alone (unofficial but still..) He has earned it

Back