4x D1 champion / World Gold medalist Logan Stieber to start MMA

EmbraceTheGrind

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Today he announced his retiring from competitive wrestling. He didn't post anything about MMA but 2 sources close to him (Myles Martin and Nathan Tomasello) have posted on his instagram saying good luck in the octagon / something along those lines. He's also stated he's been interested in MMA over the past few years.

Will be interesting to watch him compete. His accolades are a step above Askren and DCs in folkstyle and freestyle.

Oh cool another dude trying to hug it out to a title shot.

<codychoke>

High level wrestlers are known for some crazy antics, like Cejudo swinging a toy snake, or Cormier throwing his shoe. Can't wait to see what this guy does.

Was he a beast in wrestling? Is he better than say Ed Ruth?

High level wrestlers are known for some crazy antics, like Cejudo swinging a toy snake, or Cormier throwing his shoe. Can't wait to see what this guy does.

Farts in his hand and throws it at people, perhaps?

When are we gonna see "retired" world class boxers try out MMA for real (not like Couture-Toney)? Is wrestling simply the superior arts when it comes to "fighting"?

When are we gonna see "retired" world class boxers try out MMA for real (not like Couture-Toney)? Is wrestling simply the superior arts when it comes to "fighting"?
High level boxers make more (tho i can argue mid and low level UFC fighters have it better in terms of pay / medical cost / etc). Also I believe it is, especially american folkstyle.

When are we gonna see "retired" world class boxers try out MMA? Is wrestling simply the superior arts when it comes to "fighting"?

I believe it's 'easier' to transition from wrestling to MMA than boxing to MMA by far unless you have a boxer who has a solid BJJ background and TDD.

It would be cool if Kyle Snyder competed in MMA also. I think he'd crush some people.

so, he will be a 135er?
(145 at best)

pass.....

Boxers make a lot more money than wrestlers so probably never.

Any elite boxer who makes the switch is an outlier and doing it just to test himself. Wrestlers do it to make a living.

Boxers make a lot more money than wrestlers so probably never.

Any elite boxer who makes the switch is an outlier and doing it just to test himself. Wrestlers do it to make a living.
True and we haven't even seen that many truly elite wrestlers because most of them either get a nice coaching job w/ a pension or use their degree.

True and we haven't even seen that many truly elite wrestlers because most of them either get a nice coaching job w/ a pension or use their degree.

We haven't seen many truly elite wrestlers because the risk -vs- reward is way out of wack. The starting pay in the #1 MMA organization in the world is 12k to get your head punched in.

Just in the USA we crown 8 new All-American Division I wrestlers every single year. Where are all these guys? Teaching high school gym for 45k/year because thats how bad entry level pay is in the UFC.

We haven't seen many truly elite wrestlers because the risk -vs- reward is way out of wack. The starting pay in the #1 MMA organization in the world is 12k to get your head punched in.

Just in the USA we crown 8 new All-American Division I wrestlers every single year. Where are all these guys? Teaching high school gym for 45k/year because thats how bad entry level pay is in the UFC.

We actually crown 80. 8 per weight class with 10 weight classes

Back