4th round Silva-Bisping

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BarryMazzagatti, Feb 27, 2016.

1. BarryMazzagatti

BarryMazzagatti Blue Belt

People are talking about the 4th round being the deciding round and that just puzzled me because watching it live, I thought Bisping clearly won that round, as well as rounds 1 and 2. Maybe I was missing something, so I check the fightmetric and it shows Bisping winning those rounds as well. I don't understand people making the case that Silva got robbed of a decision, I thought it was a fairly straightforward 48-47 for Bisping. The only real argument would be whether to score the 3rd round a 10-8, which imo, is absurd because it came at the very end of the round, occurred under special circumstances, and the round was about even up until it happened.

[​IMG]

Iron Wolf likes this.
  2. MrFeeny

MrFeeny Purple Belt

it's just the silva fanbase trying to justify a bad decision.

the reality is bisping beat silva, and it would have been worse if not for the sketchy knee, which i won't even get into.

Podcast, TStoner, billharford and 2 others like this.
  3. Red Triangle

Red Triangle Silver Belt Professional Fighter

I bet the TS is also the 2 month old fan who counted up the "significant strikes" landed.

These fight metric things are always BS.

4. Team Sleep

Team Sleep Black Belt

An even round which suddenly ends with a dude crumpled on the canvas is still a 10-8. I think the 4th round is the round that makes he case that 3rd round wasn't what it ended up looking like. Bisping dug pretty fucking deep to take that round back. If anyone wants to make a case that Bisping wasn't essentially knocked out, they shouldn't be looking anywhere but round 4 and the comeback he mounted there. Gutsy performance, tbh. Hate both guys btw.

billharford likes this.
  5. conorbless1

conorbless1 Banned Banned

This. I thought Bisping won the fight but bringing up Fightmetric to decide who won a razor thin round is usually of no help at all.

billharford and NinjaNiK like this.
  6. ArtOfDrowning

ArtOfDrowning Lecter Belt

Bisping clearly won round 4, Silva was very inactive during that round. Much like in 1st and 2nd round.

7. Dorkman

Dorkman Red Belt

I hate to break it to you, you don't auto lose a point for going down in MMA like you do in boxing. So no, someone getting dropped at the end of a very even round would not make it an automatic 10-8.

Iron Wolf likes this.
  8. Team Sleep

Team Sleep Black Belt

If you get put on queer street and lay on the fucking ground on your ass, then hands and knees for almost a full minute and need to be helped to your feet, you auto lose a fucking point. You should auto lose the fight. And for everyone complaining about Herb Dean here, they need to be thanking him for letting it go on. He would have been completely fucking justified in calling it a TKO there.

The only case to be made for letting it go to a 4th round is the hindsight of having seen Bisping perform and do pretty well after a minute longer break that he would have had, if the entire cage hadn't been filled with managers and shit like that.

9. MasterSeagal

MasterSeagal Brown Belt

I am of this opinion as well... however, do you score Bisping's knockdown of Anderson in the 2nd round 10-8 too?

10. Team Sleep

Team Sleep Black Belt

I didn't see it. I looked down at my phone and he was on the ground. Had assumed it was due to his shit TDD and had my stream muted to avoid hearing shit commentary lol.

My understanding is that it wasn't on the same level as the near KO in 3. Will have to rewatch it, but from what I saw, I scored the fight a draw. Frankly I hate both guys, so it warms my heart to know that they both endured a bit of brain trauma.

11. MasterSeagal

MasterSeagal Brown Belt

yeah it wasn't on the same level. Anderson still seemed to be aware of the situation, looking at Bisping and trying to defend himself.

The rules say:
    A round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

Round was even, but it was such a devastating attack... it's about as close as you can get to a finish without actually getting a finish.

12. basementdweller

basementdweller Black Belt

you won't get into because there was nothing sketchy about it

13. ShoopNazi

ShoopNazi Purple Belt

.....aaaaaasnd "4th Rd Bisbing" is born.

Team Sleep likes this.
  14. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

I thought Anderson won the last 3. And knocked Bisping out.

15. BRASIL WAND

BRASIL WAND ▓▓▓AMERICAN TOP TEAM▓▓▓

Solid post, I've been trying to school these casuals BUT they're a stubborn bunch.

BTW didn't you used to have a fighter account? What happened?

Red Triangle likes this.
  16. Puss

Puss Purple Belt

I agree with you, TS.

I don't know what Anderson did in round 1, 2 and 4. He clearly lost all of those, and it looked like he didn't even try to win FFS.

17. MRDOG

MRDOG Brown Belt

It is just his fans grasping at anything they can to justify a bad decision. It was a clear 3 rounds to 2 for Bisping. No way the third gets scored 10 - 8 .. If Anderson had been clearly winning the round up to the point of the knee than you could justify a 10 -8. But not only was he not clearly winning up to that point. He was slightly losing the round. I say all this as a much bigger fan of Anderson than Bisping.

18. -Dim-

-Dim- Gold Belt

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

19. Problem24/7

Problem24/7 Orange Belt

I think it's clear that Silva was winning that second round before the knockdown. Bisping stole that round and finished nicely with some ground and pound.

As for the fourth round, Silva wasn't doing much and Bisping was just scoring points. 20 seconds left on the clock, I feel like Silva stole that round and won the 4th. Yes, Bisping obviously land more but it was just point scorers. It did nothing. Little kicks and small punches. Silva backed him the fuck up, hurt him, delivered a huge superman punch. Like cmon lol.

therearnaked likes this.
  20. Red Triangle

Red Triangle Silver Belt Professional Fighter

Casuals that are under the age of 20.....fucking teenagers.