Law $484 billion coronavirus relief bill passes 388-5-1

How do you think medicare for all would work? Do you think that the government will run the hospitals?

If you do, rethink. Medicare is how it is paid for.

Ask your parents or grandparents or aunts or whomever if they prefer medicare or nothing.

Every citizen should have the choice to get Medicare (and Medicare should cover a lot more than the 80% of services it currently covers) or private insurance. That way people could choose between cheaper insurance and pay nothing (or a token amount) out of pocket or get faster/better service.

i posted in a different thread that the left wants the lockdowns to last for as long as they need to in order to crash the system and people did not seem to acknowledge the truth in that. youre an ugly example of how the left is the naked enemy of freedom and prosperity. you and your media have exaggerated this threat in order to justify damaging legitimate businesses so that you can press the reset button and try to seize power, positioning your bad politics as the alternative to a system that was only damaged because of a manufactured crisis.

the need for smaller government has never been more apparent.
You are determined to draw some imaginary line between left in right. The "left" is evil blah blah blah.

News flash you partisan donk, the left and right passed CARES without a thought of you or your family. The leaders of both parties did it. Both parties unanimously voted for the biggest transfer of wealth in the history of the world. While you argue dumbass party lines, the richest of the richest will be buying the entire country with your tax money.

So please shut tp with this "the left wants the country shutdown" garbage in your every post.

Last edited:
i posted in a different thread that the left wants the lockdowns to last for as long as they need to in order to crash the system and people did not seem to acknowledge the truth in that. youre an ugly example of how the left is the naked enemy of freedom and prosperity. you and your media have exaggerated this threat in order to justify damaging legitimate businesses so that you can press the reset button and try to seize power, positioning your bad politics as the alternative to a system that was only damaged because of a manufactured crisis.

the need for smaller government has never been more apparent.

I support opening up sections. I am not a ´leftist´ just trying to be rational here. The entire world is not in on some conspiracy, most of the worlds governments DONT get along yet you sit here and assert its all a hoax? what?

Because it’s a slap in the fucking face of working people
Just read that Disney is cutting pay for 100k workers. No cuts to management bonuses or the share holder payout though.
The pay cuts will save them 500 mill a month but they pay out 3 times that to shareholders every 6 months.
I guess healthcare, mortgages etc are secondary when it comes to that fat corporate welfare.

There's no student loan cancellation in this bill. Good.

Will we see an increase of college grads joining the military?
Hopefully a decrease in young adults going to private schools and getting a worthless liberal arts degree (like art history :D).

I don’t understand how 20 million Americans are gonna provide healthcare for their families now.

You couldn’t make up a better reason for a national healthcare system than this pandemic. Just one more thing Americans have to worry about as every single first world nation laughs at us as they enjoy their national healthcare.
Does health insurance over there include coverage for this sort of virus? Have there been any reports on how much the infected have been charged for being hospitalised?

This so called pandemic is turning out to be a wonderful gift for the banking sector

Expect the PPP to be gone when it’s available later. The big banks have lots of clients waiting for that money already. Haven’t tuned on the news today but apparently Trump wants to sign the bill on TV. That’s the hold up. Maybe he can talk about the injecting Lysol thing some more.

US is like Africa
il-lte-11-18-en-m-wikipedia-org-wikipedia-list-of-countries-with-universal-67906459.png

l_z1a_efa66a1ad6bab858bedbdc6b69ef89f7
USA shouldn't be blue, not red, no? We actually do provide health care for quite a few citizens who can't afford it themselves. Medicare and Medicaid, tons of low income Americans get this benefit. Its not provided to people with the means to pay for their own insurance.

^
^
Like a horrible computer program just spamming the same corny stuff all Over the site this started.

One of his 10 preprogrammed responses.
Literally everything you post is off topic flaming.

Voted against it
D- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez voted against it.
R- Andy Biggs of Arizona
R- Ken Buck of Colorado
R- Jody Hice of Georgia
R- Thomas Massie of Kentucky

Voted present
R- Rep. Justin Amash

The bill includes more than $320 billion for the Paycheck Protection Program created by the CARES Act, which was passed late last month. The program, which quickly ran out of money because of heavy demand, provides forgivable loans to small businesses that keep their employees on the payroll.

About $60 billion of the additional PPP funding would be set aside for businesses that do not have established banking relationships, such as rural and minority-owned companies. Expanding access to the aid was a priority for Democrats who worried that some businesses were being shut out of the fund.

The bill also provides $60 billion in loans and grants for the Small Business Administration's disaster relief fund, $75 billion for hospitals and $25 billion for coronavirus testing.

The interim bill does not include the additional funding for states and local governments that Democrats had sought.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...latest-coronavirus-aid-bill-thursday-n1190376

Every member of the "squad" made an impassioned speech and only one voted against it.

This bill leaves a lot to be desired and the House could have passed a better package but they did what Pelosi told them to do.

What the fuck is the point of having the Dems in control of the House if they do what the Republicans want anyway?

Dems are cucks.

Expect the PPP to be gone when it’s available later. The big banks have lots of clients waiting for that money already. Haven’t tuned on the news today but apparently Trump wants to sign the bill on TV. That’s the hold up. Maybe he can talk about the injecting Lysol thing some more.

Yep. My wife works in commercial banking, she was on call to be ready at 12:01am to start processing loans for local small businesses, but it was all put on hold because Trump wanted to have a ceremony instead of signing it ASAP. Now they are thinking the money won't be available until Monday.

Literally everything you post is off topic flaming.

No I don’t. In fact you’re lying again like you always do. A bunch of you guys just can’t help but lie all day long. I was commenting on what another poster said. In fact what he said had nothing to do with the thread. Buuuttt you’re a liar and stretcher of the truth so I expect that from you.

Back