48-46 Cody is the correct scoring of the fight.

The Young Wolf

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Round 1 - close but Cody got the better of the exchanges and landed the better shots

Round 2 - Dom edged this one out. Another close round but I gave it to Dom.

Round 3 - clear Cody round. Terrific footwork and striking. I think this was the round that Cody got that super athletic change of direction take down.

Round 4 - this one was a clear 10-8. Cody dominated the round and dropped Cruz multiple times. Probably the worst round of Doms career.

Round 5 - Dom won this just going for broke. Cody wasn't mounting much offensive and just wanted to run out the clock.

Anyone calling this fight a draw or a Cruz win is insane. Cody fought the best fight of his life last night. Was amazing to watch

I agree. 10-8 is always sketchy nowadays with what constitutes, but I agree with your analysis

Ya I wasn't exactly counting the score but I remember being surprised at one judges score. I only remember Cruz winning one round

Had it 3 -2 overall, with one being a 10-8, so no arguments from me.

Ya I wasn't exactly counting the score but I remember being surprised at one judges score. I only remember Cruz winning one round
He definitely won the fifth. The second one was a close round but i begrudgingly gave it to Dom as well. The 4th was brutal for him though. All cody

Round 1 - close but Cody got the better of the exchanges and landed the better shots

Round 3 - clear Cody round. Terrific footwork and striking. I think this was the round that Cody got that super athletic change of direction take down.

Round 4 - this one was a clear 10-8. Cody dominated the round and dropped Cruz multiple times. Probably the worst round of Doms career.

Round 5 - Dom won this just going for broke. Cody wasn't mounting much offensive and just wanted to run out the clock.

Anyone calling this fight a draw or a Cruz win is insane. Cody fought the best fight of his life last night. Was amazing to watch

If someone scored round 1, which you admit was close, for Cruz and scored the others as you did, then it would be a draw . . . but that person would be "insane"?

Personally, I had the same score you did, but gave round 1 to Cruz and 2 to Garbrandt.

He definitely won the fifth. The second one was a close round but i begrudgingly gave it to Dom as well. The 4th was brutal for him though. All cody
Sounds like the proper score then. When a round is close you have to imagine it could go either way. Which round did Cody land that well timed takedown?

Definitely the right call and score. Round 4 was far and wide the worst round of Dom's career. Even when Faber beat him he didn't drop him multiple times, drop his hands dodge the shit out of his punches and then breakdance in front of him.

Cruz took the second and fifth, but Anderson Silva... I mean Cody lit him up in the 4th for an easy 10-8

After a rewatch, Cruz won 1, 2, and 5. Even if 4 was a 10-8 that's a draw and the champion wins by default. So Cruz won, but I don't care either way.

If you score round 4 10-9 or give Round 1 to Cruz it really changes things. Judges almost always give the close rounds to the champion

Then explain the Hendo-Bisping scoring.

Very similar BUT, they all gave it to active Mike.

If you score round 4 10-9 or give Round 1 to Cruz it really changes things. Judges almost always give the close rounds to the champion
It would be ridiculous if the judges didn't give Cody round 4 as a 10-8. 4 knockdowns where the guys almost ko'd stiff? That's plenty.

Definitely the right call and score. Round 4 was far and wide the worst round of Dom's career. Even when Faber beat him he didn't drop him multiple times, drop his hands dodge the shit out of his punches and then breakdance in front of him.

First off, I agree, that was the worst round of Dom's career. But as a side note, didn't Faber drop Dom multiple times in their second fight? It's been years since I've seen it, but I thought faber dropped Dom two or three times.

First off, I agree, that was the worst round of Dom's career. But as a side note, didn't Faber drop Dom multiple times in their second fight? It's been years since I've seen it, but I thought faber dropped Dom two or three times.
He definitely dropped him, but he didn't play with his food the way Cody did. Cody was laughing at him, doing Silva's matrix, and laughing at him. Shit the kid even did a breakdance routine. Faber didn't quite do that.

It would be ridiculous if the judges didn't give Cody round 4 as a 10-8. 4 knockdowns where the guys almost ko'd stiff? That's plenty.
I gave him marks for he dance routine too.

Back