News Amir Albazi moves up to #3 in rankings

Is Albazis ranking warranted?

• Total voters
Not sure how to answer the poll question. I think KKF beat him pretty clearly, despite the fight being competitive. But that's MMA judging for you these days. That being said, I'm still fairly sold on his overall skill set and with that performance he managed to prove to me that he belongs amongst the big(ger) boys at Flyweight... which was definitely something very much in question given his atrocious level of competition up to this point.

He leapfrogged Royval because Kai was #3 at the time and it's generally SOP for lower-ranking guys to "steal" the rank of the higher-up dude they dethrone. If Royval had a head-to-head win over him, however, then I agree that it would be weird. Brandon certainly has the better recent resume overall, including a more legitimate win over KKF... despite it being a tad aged and his two losses that followed.

The only round that KKF maybe won is the final round and even that could've been an even round. Albazi clearly won the first four rounds.

The only round that KKF maybe won is the final round and even that could've been an even round. Albazi clearly won the first four rounds.

Youd have to be literally retarded (ala Chris Lee) to give Albazi the 4th round. That was probably the clearest round of the whole fight.

FxxAs0ZaEAEIgSw

Kai outstruck him that round wide. Albazi barely landed anything. And to top it off Kai landed the only TD of the round.

I do think it should be:
3. Brandon Royval
4. Amir Albazi
5. Kai Kara-France

they don’t always steal the opponents ranking, I mean Michelle waterson is still ranked higher than Luana Pinheiro, even though she “lost” to her.

this does rather imply they feel Albazi is a more marketable title shot though, which I don’t disagree with

Doesnt make sense how he went over Royval who should be the CLEAR #4....

View attachment 985766

54710810-vector-illustration-of-a-meter-detecting-levels-of-bullshit-at-low-medium-or-high.jpg

He lost the KKF fight. Got a gift from judges & jumped up. Should only be ranked 7. My bullshit meter is maxing out. OK, let's just give him a title shot next?

number-one-bullshit-khabib-nurmagomedov.gif

Feel sorry for fighters getting robbed these days more & more often. Judges should be judged.

Should have been handled the same as the P4P spots after the last AD event....

He won a close fight, though I don't completely agree with it, I can see how he got the win. Therefore he deserves to get a higher ranking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back