Media Gilbert Burns talks about Masvidal

Crazy Librarian

僕は神だ
Banned
Reaction score
full article : https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/11/30/23484254/gilbert-burns-not-insist-callout-liar-jorge-masvidal-fight-the-ufc-wants-neil-magny

Gilbert Burns spent the past few months campaigning for a fight with Jorge Masvidal, but it never materialized. With Masvidal telling MMA Fighting it was never officially offered nor agreed on his side, “Durinho” calls him a “liar.”

“We wanted the Masvidal fight but then he kept stalling, and I said, ‘just give me anyone,’” Burns said. “Geoff Neal called me out and I asked the UFC to make the fight but they said ‘no, we will make the Masvidal fight.’ Sean Shelby insisted on it. ‘We will make this fight, that’s the fight we want.’ … And then they said I would definitely fight in Rio. ‘If [Masvidal] doesn’t want it, we’ll find someone else.’ It was a nightmare to find another opponent, nobody agreed to it until Neil Magny did.”

“I have no reason to lie,” he continued. “The fight was offered to Nov. 12, and he asked for more time. They offered for Dec. 10 and he said ‘yes’ at first, but then told Sean Shelby he would fight me in Rio. When Sean Shelby told me that, I was like, ‘bullsh*t’. I started planning my whole camp to fight this guy in Rio, and he backed out three weeks later.”
Masvidal indicated he’s open to facing the Brazilian in London, likely on the same card where Leon Edwards and Kamaru Usman are expected to collide for the welterweight belt, but “Durinho” said he’s not obsessed with the idea of calling him out again.

“It’s a fight the UFC wants, you know? I don’t even need to ask for this fight because I know the UFC wants to make it happen,” he said. “I would ask for a rematch with Khamzat [Chimaev], or Colby [Covington]. I would ask for everybody, really. But it’s a fight the UFC wants. He’s hard to negotiate and whatever. But I can’t think past Neil Magny. I have to beat him up first and then see who I’ll ask for.

“If the UFC wants to do it, of course I’ll fight, but it’s not a fight I’ll keep chasing. He’s coming off three losses, No. 11 [in the ranking] or whatever. He’s not in his best moment. It’s good to get a bit off his fame and whatever but that doesn’t do anything for me to become champion.”

In terms of a match-up, Burns said Masvidal has more knockouts in his record but “cardio king” Magny can present more difficulties inside the octagon. Burns lost his most recent bout to Chimaev in a thrilling three-round war, while Magny tapped Daniel Rodriguez this past November.

“If I put pressure on Masvidal, he’s tired by the second round. Neil Magny doesn’t get tired,” Burns said. “Everybody that underestimates [Magny] loses to him. He has 20 wins in the division, he just broke the record. Even though he’s not a top-5 guy, he’s a veteran. I kind of have the pressure over me. I have to end this fight and that’s what I’m training for.

“He called me out to fight in Brazil so he’s asking for it, right? I’ll give him something. It won’t go unanswered. You wish has been granted, so brace yourself because I’m coming to beat you up.”

0_gettyimages-1194054041-594x594.jpg

Mas was liked because he represented a change from all the Social Media, Fake-Drama bs that was really gaining traction in 2015. All of a sudden everyone became a silly Conor knock off, whereas Jorge was just doing himself.

Even in the lead up to the Ben Askren fight he was being himself. As soon as I saw him showing up with a Scarface suit though, I knew it was all over.

After the bullshit Colby attack, Mas has proven himself to be ( fill in the blank)
I believe Burns

Mas was liked because he represented a change from all the Social Media, Fake-Drama bs that was really gaining traction in 2015. All of a sudden everyone became a silly Conor knock off, whereas Jorge was just doing himself.

Even in the lead up to the Ben Askren fight he was being himself. As soon as I saw him showing up with a Scarface suit though, I knew it was all over.
His personality change was pretty drastic hahahah. He used to not like attention seeking and then become one of the attention seeker himself. I remember in 2020 he uploaded a lot of same videos on YT but under different title lol. Idk if he deletes them now.

His personality change was pretty drastic hahahah. He used to not like attention seeking and then become one of the attention seeker himself. I remember in 2020 he uploaded a lot of same videos on YT but under different title lol. Idk if he deletes them now.

I think things originally started to go off the rails when he was trying to come up with a way to get paid…
Being outrageous only works sometimes…didn’t work out for Mas..

The only thing I would have liked about the London fight is that there would have been a chance that Gilbert got the title shot if Usman got injured.

Accepting the Chimaev fight and putting it on him should be rewarded. If Gilbert stops Magny and Leon gets past Usman I think he should be next. Khamzat needs to make 170 and beat Colby. The Gilbert-Khamzat fight was basically a coin flip so I have no problem with Burns taking the shot.

He needs more ayahuasca bro

Yup. You'd barely hear from him or see anything on social media before. Now he's milking corny one-liners, selling NFT's, the whole cringey bs.

Burns is the kind of “BMF” Masvidal will never be. Masvidal is pretty much the least BMF guy on the roster, imo.

Andrade is more BMF than he is. He suckered Edwards, then ducked him. He ducked Burns. We all know the Colby story. The way he was trying to pander to Conor was quite frankly extremely embarrassing, imo. And now he’s trying to get another TS out of Edwards.

That guy is a fugazi. His 15 minutes were 15 minutes too long. I’d cut him. The UFC created that monster. Can’t really blame him for riding that wave. But that shit went to his head. He’s become the exact opposite of what I would consider a BMF.

Burns is the kind of “BMF” Masvidal will never be. Masvidal is pretty much the least BMF guy on the roster, imo.

Andrade is more BMF than he is. He suckered Edwards, then ducked him. He ducked Burns. We all know the Colby story. The way he was trying to pander to Conor was quite frankly extremely embarrassing, imo. And now he’s trying to get another TS out of Edwards.

That guy is a fugazi. His 15 minutes were 15 minutes too long. I’d cut him. The UFC created that monster. Can’t really blame him for riding that wave. But that shit went to his head. He’s become the exact opposite of what I would consider a BMF.
Hahahaha, I like that you mentioned Andrade, totally unexpected, but I agree.

I don't even hate Masvidal, on the contrary, I always liked him for some reason, but he has been dissapointing me with all the stupid things he says and does recently.

I won’t turn on Jorge like most Shertards cause up until not too long ago he always delivered, but I have to say since all the BMF bullshit his attitude has been disappointing at the very least.

I honestly think Mas' prime slipped right out from under him not too long ago, he talked super big VS Usman and didn't just get Ko'd, he got outstruck hard for most of the fight and was barely dodging any strikes, his reflexes are surely going & thats a sign of getting old.

Then his attitude, well yeah talking big only looks good if you are winning, Mas keeps losing & then acting out.

Masvidal is at the end of his career on a losing skid of course he would avoid that fight like the plague.

Burns is a true warrior dude will fight anyone , got to respect him , I wish he’d get the belt one day because fighter like that deserve it, but since he is advancing in age it’s hard to see that come to fruition

Back