Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Khamzat Chimaev - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
First off inspired by this thread. Thought it needed a poll.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/shavkat-vs-khamzat-how-does-it-go-down.4244453/

Battle of the two young possible superstars. And can very well be a fight between the two for the WW belt. Maybe a long rivalry between them two. And there both roughly the same age Khamzat is 28, while Shavkat is 27. Born in the same year.

This would be a very intriguing fight I would say, I don't know who'd win. But I'd love to see it.

cbbdcf49-khamzat-chimaev-shavkat-rakhmonov.jpg

Khamzat is a lot stronger and more athletic, would make the difference IMO even though shavkat is technically more skilled

Shavkat striking is way more advanced than Khamzat . The way he setup spinning back kick is very incredible . He don't rush the KO he just patiently wait however his wrestling is not as deep as Khamzat but i think he can nullify the td threat . Khamzat is more emotional and tend to brawl if he can't finish on the ground this could end up very bad for him

This is going to be like Burn vs Khamzat where the striking is what gonna determine the fight and this time Khamzat won't have the size/weight advantage

Shavkat striking is way more advanced than Khamzat . The way he setup spinning back kick is very incredible . He don't rush the KO he just patiently wait however his wrestling is not as deep as Khamzat but i think he can nullify the td threat . Khamzat is more emotional and tend to brawl if he can't finish on the ground this could end up very bad for him

This is going to be like Burn vs Khamzat where the striking is what gonna determine the fight and this time Khamzat won't have the size/weight advantage

Plus Khamzat looked weak and mortal in his last fight, therefore he would lose this one.

khamzat is overall more athletic, stronger, better wrestler and boxer. he hits harder and is in general more aggresive. shavkat's got better kicks and is more composed. khamzat wins that one. cant wait for that fight sometime down the line, both are great

I think this has the potential to be an all time great fight.

Having said that I hope one day we could see this as an undefeated champion vs. undefeated challenger fight. Obviously a lot has to happen for both fighters and there are a lot of tough matchups for each but how awesome would it be to finally have a "Someone's 0 has got to go" for the title.

I'm not saying it will happen and the odds are certainly against it but it could be possible.

I think this has the potential to be an all time great fight.

Having said that I hope one day we could see this as an undefeated champion vs. undefeated challenger fight. Obviously a lot has to happen for both fighters and there are a lot of tough matchups for each but how awesome would it be to finally have a "Someone's 0 has got to go" for the title.

I'm not saying it will happen and the odds are certainly against it but it could be possible.
People obsessed with elite contenders not fighting each other is embarrassing.

People obsessed with elite contenders not fighting each other is embarrassing.
Who said I'm obsessed with them not fighting each other? I'd love this fight but it doesn't make sense now. Khamzat is in line for a #1 contenders fight and Shavkat is one fight away from a #1 contenders fight most likely. Let him fight WB, Luque or Brady and let Khamzat beat Belal while Usman and Leon fight. Shavkat and Brady would be great and they are both elite contenders.

Difficult one. I was impressed with Shavkat last night, but then again he fought an old man. Khamzat has looked very impressive up until facing Burns who made it into a dogfight. It's clear Khamzat has a lot of work to do, he looked very sloppy yet not sloppy enough to lose to a top 3 fighter. Shavkat is far more unproven, so I'd have to go with Khamzat.

We'll find out in about a year and a half when Khamzat defends his belt vs Shavkat.

This fight is 100% happening and 100% will be for the title.

Who knows? Gun to my head, I take Chimaev because in the amateurs a guy wrestled him to a decision twice and I forget which pro fight but one guy was able to take him down several times before Rakhmonov subbed him. If Khamzat can score the takedown reliably, you gotta favor him.

But honestly? I have no idea.

First off inspired by this thread. Thought it needed a poll.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/shavkat-vs-khamzat-how-does-it-go-down.4244453/

Battle of the two young possible superstars. And can very well be a fight between the two for the WW belt. Maybe a long rivalry between them two. And there both roughly the same age Khamzat is 28, while Shavkat is 27. Born in the same year.

This would be a very intriguing fight I would say, I don't know who'd win. But I'd love to see it.

cbbdcf49-khamzat-chimaev-shavkat-rakhmonov.jpg

Khamzat schools him

Back