Glover Teixeira vs. Jiří Procházka - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just watched both of their last fights and I have a change of perspective of this upcoming fight. The Reyes fight with Jiri was a lot closer than I initially thought and Glover is just a beast on the ground. I had it favored Jiri 60/40. Now watching their last fights I favor Glover, I have him at 65/35.

Anyone else have a change of prediction?

Glover has very good stand up as well, more traditional boxing style. The ground game is what I'm thinking will be his major advantage and I think Jiri won't have any answers for it. That's if Jiri vastly improved since his last fight. Or catches Glover with his very unpredictable stand up style.

We'll will see who takes it. Can't wait should be a very entertaining fight.

9ripimitzbq81.jpg

Last edited:
Glover is a live dog. He's old and slow but has lots of experience. If he can make it into rounds 2 and 3 his chances of winning will increase dramatically. Jiri is fun but has no ground game and throws a lot of wild shit which can allow Glover to sneak in a body lock takedown. Glover winning is funny because it will continue to illustrate how garbage the UFC LHW division is and how its weaker than it was in 2011.

Either Glover by submission or Jiri by KO.

I hope Glover takes it. Gives Jan his rematch. Wins that. And retires on top. To finish his career that way would be legendary.

A clean shot from Jiri can put anyone at 205 out like a light imo. If Glover can't get him down and choke him out he's fucked.

A clean shot from Jiri can put anyone at 205 out like a light imo. If Glover can't get him down and choke him out he's fucked.

You say this like Glover doesn't hit hard as hell on the feet and like he didn't hit Jan hard on the feet before taking him down and finishing him. Glover has more ways to finish and he's more likely to finish Jiri on the feet than Jiri finishes him on the ground.

If online gambling was legal in California...Glover.
As a fan....Glover.
In reality not ending a Hollywood script by retiring after winning the belt....Jiri.

I think Glover gets it done in the first round.
Either first round submission or TKO.

Jiri always has that "fuck you" power though, but his TDD hasn't looked crazy and his grappling has shown to be one of his weaker areas.
This could also lead to Glover being able to use the takedown threat to stun Jiri with his sneaky left hook.

Anyways, this is a great and fun fight.

You say this like Glover doesn't hit hard as hell on the feet and like he didn't hit Jan hard on the feet before taking him down and finishing him. Glover has more ways to finish and he's more likely to finish Jiri on the feet than Jiri finishes him on the ground.
You really think glover can finish Jiri on the feet? Thats a big take imo. Glover is far too stationary and his high guard is easy to get around. Jiri's style while is basically no guard can hit people at awkward angles with some serious fire power. I personally just don't see it.

Jiří drops Glover, follows him to the ground to finish, and gets turned into a human pretzel.

You really think glover can finish Jiri on the feet? Thats a big take imo. Glover is far too stationary and his high guard is easy to get around. Jiri's style while is basically no guard can hit people at awkward angles with some serious fire power. I personally just don't see it.

Yes, If Glover changes levels on Jiri and he thinks a takedown is coming instead of a hook or overhand he can absolutely KO Jiri. Jiri has to worry about the threat of the takedown which changes the dynamics of the striking a lot. Glover doesn't really have to worry about takedowns coming from Jiri.

I mean Glover hits as hard or harder than King Mo and he also had the threat of the takedown on Jiri and KOed him.

Last edited:
Back