Volkov vs Rozenstruik is kind of flying under the radar.

B-Level

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
5 round HW main event June 4th. Don’t see many threads on it. Do most people expect this to be a snooze fest of hesitant strikers for 25 minutes?

I believe one of these guys will find the knockout eventually. Could definitely be low action until then. Does anyone think Volkov has a better chance finishing on the ground than standing?

The Russian will obliterate Rozenstruik’s weak defenses and claim victory for the mother land via
3rd Rd. TKO.

91010.gif

5 round HW main event June 4th. Don’t see many threads on it. Do most people expect this to be a snooze fest of hesitant strikers for 25 minutes?

I believe one of these guys will find the knockout eventually. Could definitely be low action until then. Does anyone think Volkov has a better chance finishing on the ground than standing?
Cause it's a fight between two guys who have been underperforming lately.

We need new blood on that division. I feel that we've seen the ceiling of both of these guys, so the fight lacks something to intrigue people. It's just a fight in a heavyweight division between 2 top 10 guys that will never be champion.

Also I wish they stopped making main events of WMMA and the overweight division. WMMA is just sparring and HWs don't have cardio for 25 minutes. Ponz and Pereira could have been a 5 round fight but we had to hear the ish ish girl instead

Volkov's a weird one....talented but blows hot and cold.

I think Jairzinho takes him out tbh.

Its not really the type of fight you get excited for 2 weeks out. Late next week interest might pick up a bit.

Volkov is stiff as the long and frozen branches under the brutal terrain that sits above wooly mammoths.

This fight... Meeting... Will be a bathroom break.

Both guys seem to be proving not to be viable title challengers at any point and are firmly rooted in mid to low top 10 at best. And one of them has a habit of horribly inactive performances despite heavy finishing power. It's a decent match up, but grand scheme is kind of a nothing fight.

It’s gonna be a stinker. Basically gate keeper Vs gatekeeper. Winner will gate keep the top ~7, the other gate keeps the top 15

I’d be shocked if it’s not a fight where announcers have to say “respect each other’s power” a dozen times to try and cover for the lack the action

It’s gonna be a stinker. Basically gate keeper CS gatekeeper. Winner will gate keep the top ~7, the other gate keeps the top 15

I’d be shocked if it’s not a fight where announcers have to say “respect each other’s power” a dozen times to try and cover for the lack the action
This sounds accurate unfortunately.

hopefully Rozenstruik clips him early, I think he has more potential to do something at the top of the division...although unlikely

Volkov's a weird one....talented but blows hot and cold.

I think Jairzinho takes him out tbh.

Volkov lacks aggression, that's his problem. in the HW division you need to attack, or else you'll get attacked and getting attacked is just more chances to get ktfo in that division.

I'm not gonna be excited for this. But I'll watch it

Because it's a proper stinker haha

A heavyweight main event where both guys are coming off a loss?

And even if they were on win streaks, the stylistic matchup is atrocious. I know the policy here is to say every card is the best of the decade, but that fight is terrible

Volkov is extremely overrated. He loses against everyone with a pulse yet somehow seems to be a favourite or very slight underdog in every single thread.
He looked really good against Overeem and everyone (including me) thought he was different now, but he's not lol.

Make it a 3 round co-main. Neither of these dudes need to be in a 5 rounder. And they both need to fight aggressive guys that come forward. Give Bigi Boy Daukus. Give Volkov Pavlovich.

Back