Media In Boxing, Top Stars Get £15 million to Step Aside

Siver!

Sedriques Dumbass Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

In the UFC, world class Undisputed Heavyweight Champions get $600,000 + some PPV pittance.

For frame of reference, £15 million is over $20 million.

In other words, boxing is so lucrative that one British heavyweight can pay another British heavyweight $20 million so that one can fight a Ukrainian.

As the UFC pay row continues, this outlines how silly Dana's stance is.

snow.jpg

picsart_22-01-25_04-29-39-445-jpg.904651

Last edited:

In the UFC, world class Undisputed Heavyweight Champions get $600,000 + some PPV pittance.

In other words, boxing is so lucrative that one British heavyweight can pay another British heavyweight $20 million so that one can fight a Ukrainian.

I’m a little tired of people pretending that Ngannou was the champ when he signed his contract for $600K per fight. He has already admitted that the UFC tried to renegotiate for much more than that and he said no. Because he wants to go box.

This is flat out disingenuous at best, and downright dishonest at worst.

I’m a little tired of people pretending that Ngannou was the champ when he signed his contract for $600K per fight. He has already admitted that the UFC tried to renegotiate for much more than that and he said no. Because he wants to go box.

Are you kidding?

He's turning down the UFC's renegotiated offers not because they don't exist, but because they aren't as good as the offers he's getting elsewhere.

Even if you factored in the new, increased offers from the UFC over the disingenuous $600,000 contract he is in reality on, it's NOT ENOUGH.

$20 million NOT TO FIGHT.

What's next, the fake argument that it's a different sport so can't be compared?

I’m a little tired of your constant UFC fighter besmirching and Corporation cuckolding.

<3>

It says right in the article that it's a rumor.

“I’m hearing people say, ‘AJ accepts £15 million to step aside’,” he said. “I haven’t signed a contract, I haven’t seen a contract. So as it stands, stop listening until it comes from me.

At least I’m honest. It sounds like that bothers you.

It's not honesty, though, is it?

He isn't turning down the UFC's offers because he desperately wants to box, he's turning them down because they're not high enough.

Pretending he's solely focussed on boxing is dishonest.

LMAO dude get off your knees if your so tired of people "besmirching you". Corporate shills are the worst.

Joshua would gladly exchange all of his money and his name and likeness to a promotion and have a promoter who talks tough to his fighters call him the baddest man on the planet.

Why do you guys believe that some old, silver spoon rich guys should pocket the lion's share of the revenue instead of the fighters?

Joshua willing to accept that 15 million so he doesn't have to get embarrassed by Usyk again. I wonder how much of the 15 mill that snake eddie hearn is going to give him. The last I heard Canelo was trying to fight Usyk at cruiserweight, maybe he can pay Joshua 20 million to stay away from Usyk.

Joshua willing to accept that 15 million so he doesn't have to get embarrassed by Usyk again. I wonder how much of the 15 mill that snake eddie hearn is going to give him. The last I heard Canelo was trying to fight Usyk at cruiserweight, maybe he can pay Joshua 20 million to stay away from Usyk.

I read somewhere about the Canelo thing. He sure is a funny guy :D

I think the fighters should be paid way more in general, but yeah after Francis's interview with Ariel people still bringing up that 600k number are being disingenuous

Step aside money is just plain bad for the sport.

I mean good for Joshua but shit like this is what’s wrong with boxing

It's not about "step aside" money which is a weird practice peculiar to boxing's business model, it's about the money involved.

The UFC can't keep pretending they can't afford to pay fighters more while spending billions of dollars on it's own infrastructure.

OP,

The UFC already pays the highest wages on the market by and large. They therefore have no incentive or need to raise the compensation they pay to their talent.

I agree the UFC should be embarrassed with how little they pay their talent as a company worth eleven figures but those wages are never going to rise more than the rate of inflation unless the fighters themselves do something about it. The UFC is not going to do it for them.

There is absolutely no point comparing MMA to boxing though, two different sports, that have different business models.

Anthony Joshua will have one of the most polarizing legacies ever by the time he's done.

Back