O'Malley is onto something ...

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Dunno.... I have this creepy feeling that O'Malley is going to keep padding his record and will KO his way to a belt before losing it to a good wrestler's UD.

Why take any risk for equal reward against higher comp (when hes already on the main cards) and can "pad" his record and look "legit" when he hits the higher ranked echelon.

Seems like he made the right decision listening to Chael Sonnen. Like most of you should.

Sean better pray he never faces anyone that can leg kick again :p
ThoseSilverEyas-size_restricted.gif

Dunno.... I have this creepy feeling that O'Malley is going to keep padding his record and will KO his way to a belt before losing it to a good wrestler's UD.

Why take any risk for equal reward against higher comp (when hes already on the main cards) and can "pad" his record and look "legit" when he hits the higher ranked echelon.

Seems like he made the right decision listening to Chael Sonnen. Like most of you could.

You can only pad your record for so long. He's gonna have to fight someone legitimate if he wants to get a shot. So who in the top 10 would you favor him over right now? A terminator like Yan would annihilate him.

You can only pad your record for so long. He's gonna have to fight someone legitimate if he wants to get a shot. So who in the top 10 would you favor him over right now? A terminator like Yan would annihilate him.
I think his striking is shockingly underestimated by the patrons on this board and the general media. I think he can compete with the top 5. He has effortless flow striking and questionable durability. I think he hangs and could win a belt but loses the belt.

I think his striking is shockingly underestimated by the patrons on this board and the general media. I think he can compete with the top 5. He has effortless flow striking and questionable durability. I think he hangs and could win a belt but loses the belt.

Really? So who in the top 5 do you think he would beat? Imagine him fighting Aldo. His legs would last about 3 minutes. His "effortless" striking got him KO'd by Marlon Vera who is a pretty good fighter but isn't even in the top 10.

Yeah, people are forgetting how good he actually is. For some reason sherdoggers think having a cringey personality equals to being a bad fighter. Everyone was riding his hype train just over a year ago.

Yeah, people are forgetting how good he actually is. For some reason sherdoggers think having a cringey personality equals to being a bad fighter. Everyone was riding his hype train just over a year ago.

How good is he? He's never beaten anyone anywhere close to being ranked and got KO'd by the only legitimate UFC fighter he's faced. Out of his wins in the UFC. The only fighter that hasn't been cut is the ghost of Eddie Wineland. That's GARBAGE competition.

He's a damn good striker, and is only getting better. He needs to keep working on his grappling and keep getting sparring work in.

The reason everyone doubts him is the fact that he is soft and without combat sports credibility. He's a young dude and far from a finished product, I'm excited to see where he lands.

He's a damn good striker, and is only getting better. He needs to keep working on his grappling and keep getting sparring work in.

The reason everyone doubts him is the fact that he is soft and without combat sports credibility. He's a young dude and far from a finished product, I'm excited to see where he lands.

Or...He's been in the UFC for over 4 years and hasn't beaten a single ranked fighter, yet he's still being hyped as a top guy. Seems like a legitimate criticism.

How good is he? He's never beaten anyone anywhere close to being ranked and got KO'd by the only legitimate UFC fighter he's faced. Out of his wins in the UFC. The only fighter that hasn't been cut is the ghost of Eddie Wineland. That's GARBAGE competition.

Well to be honest, everything you just said about O’Malley was almost the exact same thing everyone was saying about Petr Yan heading in to the Aljo fight, and we all saw how that turned out.

The Chito fight was a still a bit flukey in my opinion. His leg gave out on him which lead to the flash KO. I doubt Chito wins the rematch.

hes smart. we are in the age of freak fighting all you gotta do is make some noise

Well to be honest, everything you just said about O’Malley was almost the exact same thing everyone was saying about Petr Yan heading in to the Aljo fight, and we all saw how that turned out.

The Chito fight was a still a bit flukey in my opinion. His leg gave out on him which lead to the flash KO. I doubt Chito wins the rematch.

What? Yan had literally KO'd Aldo in the fight before his fight with Aljo. And look at his resume before the Aldo fight. He had wins over multiple ranked fighters. What a shit comparison.

And his leg didn't "give out". It was hurt from a kick. Which led to him ending up on the ground. If he had any defense he wouldn't have been KO'd in 5 seconds just before the end of the round. There was nothing fluky about it. I'd favor Chito easily in a rematch, especially considering what he's done since that fight compared to what O'Malley has done.

Really? So who in the top 5 do you think he would beat? Imagine him fighting Aldo. His legs would last about 3 minutes. His "effortless" striking got him KO'd by Marlon Vera who is a pretty good fighter but isn't even in the top 10.
Sean’s legs are like Rockhold’s chin, he’d be so much better without the :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in the armor

EDIT apparently that expression is illegal lol

Or...He's been in the UFC for over 4 years and hasn't beaten a single ranked fighter, yet he's still being hyped as a top guy. Seems like a legitimate criticism.

For sure I don't disagree. I think his critics and his doubters are both pretty validated in their opinions. Is he a top fighter currently? No. Is he a exciting prospect? Yes.

He's really an enigma. I'm with you at the end of the day though, put up or shut up time is coming very soon

For sure I don't disagree. I think his critics and his doubters are both pretty validated in their opinions. Is he a top fighter currently? No. Is he a exciting prospect? Yes.

He's really an enigma. I'm with you at the end of the day though, put up or shut up time is coming very soon

I hear ya. The Paiva fight is a good middle ground. He's tough as hell and can bring some pressure and a threat on the ground. I still think O'Malley beats him with his striking and length. He was basically done vs Phillips in the first round.

It becomes more interesting after that fight. He's gotta be tested. Maybe Yadong, or Kenney. Cody Stamann would also be an interesting matchup.

Back