Ben Askren and the art of emotional intelligence

SPORT-PREVIEW-ASKREN-2.jpg

His rational calculation of risks is quite poor. He easily got the knock the fuck out. Tarnished his legacy. Made his kids more susceptible to being bullied. Made it more prone for his wife to leave him for another man while taking his money, half his pension, the house, and the kids all after the divorce settlement while he is only left with child support and alimony payments to pay.

This all could of been avoided. Emotionally intelligent my ass.

Last edited:
His rational calculation of risks is poor. He easily got the knock the fuck out. Tarnished his legacy. Made his kids more susceptible to being bullied. Made it more prone for his wife to leave him for another man while taking his money, half his pension, the house, the kids, and getting stuck with child support and alimony payments after the divorce settlement been established.

I bet you got picked on your entire life and never had a girlfriend.

His rational calculation of risks is quite poor. He easily got the knock the fuck out. Tarnished his legacy. Made his kids more susceptible to being bullied. Made it more prone for his wife to leave him for another man while taking his money, half his pension, the house, and the kids all after the divorce settlement while he is only left with child support and alimony payments to pay.

Sure thing, keyboard warrior!
1199977_large.jpg

You honestly sound like a cheeto-fingered buffoon. Ben reads comments like these and chuckles, then enjoys his life with his awesome family and huge house.

Ben comes across as very articulate for a fighter in the longer interviews I’ve listened to, I hate that he got smoked by Snake Paul, but glad he got that pay day. Unfortunately for Askren he unwittingly committed self sabotage by crossing Dana, IMO his career trajectory could be quite different if he didn’t purposefully ruffle feathers of the rival promotions president. He ended up having a good career, but imagine if Ben actually took learning striking seriously and left Bellator and signed with the UFC in 2013 when he was still prime at around 30. Timeline wise, GSP fought his last fight at WW later that same year, we could’ve been talking about Askren as aire apparent instead of Hendrix or Lawler. But he severely fucked that up and talked a ton of shit on DW, then thought an apology music video would get him signed with the UFC, total fail.

Love him or hate him he’s probably one of the smartest mma fighters / boxers ( lol) there is
I agree. But it is a pretty low bar. You have people like Mike Perry and Sean O'Mailey here :)

You must be fun at all the family gatherings.

Made it more prone for his wife to leave him for another man while taking his money, half his pension, the house, and the kids all after the divorce settlement while he is only left with child support and alimony payments to pay.

Lol, I highly doubt the children of an MMA and wrestling world champion ever has to worry bout his kids being bullied, unless they go to school where everyone is trying to win a Darwin award.

Kids bullying Askren kids: "Hey guys, I have an idea! Let's go bully the Olympic wrestler's kids...........yeah, the kid with the Cauliflower ears!"
Also kids bullying Askren kids:
550769.jpg

monty-python-holy-grail.gif

Back