Who is more impressive Islam or Dariush?

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This is a hard pick because Dariush has a solid chin honestly so what’s ur take?

Islam

But the beautiful thing about the ufc, is we will soon find out for sure

I definitely would favour Islam. I think he will be the man in the division this time next year
But if they get into a slugfest then what?

IMO Islam is more impressive. To me he's a better version of Daruish, both technically and athletically.

But Daruish is tough, and idk if Islam has the toughness that Daruish presents. But then again I hope Islam never shows that toughness, because he's doing a great job of avoiding getting struck all together.

When it comes to chin, it's hard to tell whose is superior. Both have been dropped/KO'd, but with Islam he was KO'd a long time ago at a very young age. And imo it was an early stoppage.
Whereas Daruish has been KO'd multiple times, with most of those losses being legit good stoppage KO's.

IMO Islam is more impressive. To me he's a better version of Daruish, both technically and athletically.

But Daruish is tough, and idk if Islam has the toughness that Daruish presents. But then again I hope Islam never shows that toughness, because he's doing a great job of avoiding getting struck all together.

When it comes to chin, it's hard to tell whose is superior. Both have been dropped/KO'd, but with Islam he was KO'd a long time ago at a very young age. And imo it was an early stoppage.
Whereas Daruish has been KO'd multiple times, with most of those losses being legit good stoppage KO's.
I’m 50/50 on this one and I know how great Islam is but this quick KO worries me honestly

Dariush does not have a bright future ahead of him. Striking is too trash and won’t be able to submit Islam. I don’t think Benny knows he’s painfully average…
That’s what my mind is telling me, but my intuition is messing with me also

Wait till Islam absolutely man handles Benny. Benny got a very boring “holding on” victory over a Tony that isn’t really “Tony Time” anymore.

Islam is just on another level compared to Beneil.

Reactions: 2EZ
Imo a guy like Chandler is Islam’s most obvious kryptonite in the division. He wouldn’t be able to hold Chandler down and work a sub. Chandlers wrestling and grappling for MMA paired with his incredible athleticism don’t bode well for Islam’s game. With that said Chandlers striking and power plus insane chin would inevitably end in turning Islam into a corpse on the octagon floor. I think the best thing that could have happened for Islam is Chandler being knocked out of the title picture by Gaethje. Islam stylistically matches up better against the rest of the top5 imo, styles make fights and I like Dariush a lot but stylistically this fight is hard for me to pick him in.

But if they get into a slugfest then what?

Not going to happen in my eyes

I do think Islam will have improved 10 fold in his striking, definitely defensively, but who knows?

I'm shocked if Islam loses. Dariush is no fucking can by any means, but I definitely pick Islam

Great fight though!

Imo a guy like Chandler is Islam’s most obvious kryptonite in the division. He wouldn’t be able to hold Chandler down and work a sub. Chandlers wrestling and grappling for MMA paired with his incredible athleticism don’t bode well for Islam’s game. With that said Chandlers striking and power plus insane chin would inevitably end in turning Islam into a corpse on the octagon floor. I think the best thing that could have happened for Islam is Chandler being knocked out of the title picture by Gaethje. Islam stylistically matches up better against the rest of the top5 imo, styles make fights and I like Dariush a lot but stylistically this fight is hard for me to pick him in.
Not so sure about this. Chandler has lost twice in three fights. Other than Travis, what are peoples views of Chandler. He seems to be ranked roo high for my liking but I have issues with the rankings full stop. I mean Connor is still in the top ten, and he's not won hardly anything at LW for years.
Just wondering if Chandler is actually any good

Makhachev is better if that's what you're asking, however Benny is more exciting. Makhachev has been doing very good lately though, 3 beautiful submissions in a row.

I don't entirely agree with that.

I do agree that Chandler is the most dangerous fight for Islam, at least in the first round. Heck I think Chandler is the most dangerous LW in the first round.

But Oliveria was able to take Chandler down and keep him down for a while. Islam has much better and more versatile takedowns, and has better ground control than Charles, but Islam has less offensive sub game than Charles.
Yes Chandler may be able to defend one or two traditional takedowns, but idt he has ever dealt with the Judo/Sambo style takedowns that Islam has. It's a whole different kind of animal defending those types of takedowns.
And Chandler would slow down considerably from stuffing takedowns. Chandler also has bad striking defense, whereas Islam has been struck the least in LW.

is this even a question lol
dariush has always been a 2nd tier grappler in the division

Dariush by far and its not even close. He is flatlining guys while Islam is going to the scorecards.

Back