Media UFC 269 Countdown: Oliveira vs Poirier

Fight week. Let’s go.

Interesting take by Mike Brown saying Dustin can win by TKO, Sub or decision.
Whereas, according to Mike Brown, Oliveira can only win by Submission early in the fight.

I think Poirier's camp will be in for a rude awakening if that's how they're approaching this.

Reminds me of how Chandler's camp thought Oliveira "Can't wrestle"

Oliveira's greatest weapon, causing rival camps to sleep on his skills?

Interesting take by Mike Brown saying Dustin can win by TKO, Sub or decision.
Whereas, according to Mike Brown, Oliveira can only win by Submission early in the fight.

I think Poirier's camp will be in for a rude awakening if that's how they're approaching this.

That sounds a bit delusional. I can see WHY he thinks that, but I don't agree.

I swear, Poirier very well may win, but lots of people are doing the same thing they did to Poirier in his fight against Max and Conor. They are judging him in his past fights at FW.

If Oliveira's chin improved, then Poirier is fucked. I know that.

Dustin keeps it upright, the belt is his. That being said, Dustin’s ground game is underrated, it won’t be a walk in the park for Oliveira even if it goes to the ground.

Oliveira was unable to handle Chandler when he had him on his back... <KhabibBS>

I am stoked for this one, great championship matchup! I like Poirier for this, he's a better boxer with multiple weapons on the feet, his defense is much improved in recent years, and Oliveira is hurt too easily for me to like his chances against a finisher like Dustin.

I mean really, dude doesn't get near enough credit for his finishing ability, sure he's ruthless when he's got his guy hurt but it's the intelligent and patient application of ruthlessness that impresses me the most and seems to me to not get the recognition deserved. He gets you hurt and he turns the pressure up to 11 while still maintaining good defensive responsibility and a smart shot selection. For a guy like Oliveira who can be hurt rather easily and hasn't always reacted the way you'd like in that situation Dustin seems no bueno for him.

That being said, Poirier's defensive wrestling isn't the greatest, Charles has improved tremendously offensively in that area, and Poirier's go-to guillotine to guard pull or stand-up could very easily get him tapped or beat up on the ground. Badass fight either way it goes, hope it's well fought by both dudes.

People still overlooking Oliveira but I think he gets it done

Dustin will claim the final missing piece in his amazing career and solidify himself as the 2nd greatest lightweight ever and a p4p great. War Poirier!

Pulling for Dustin because Oliveira's nick name annoys me.

I’ve pretty much always leaned towards Dustin here. Oliveira is elite in every sense. But, if Dustin can tag him. He has the poise, and killer instict to close the show.

It’s going to be a great fight. But, I think Dustin takes this by tko at some point.

Back