Jamahal Hill vs Jiri Prochazka

alex21cms

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i remeber Hill claiming a couple months ago he could Ko Jiri and was asking for the figth sounded crazy at the time because after the osp figth he seem pillow fisted but now aparently he found his legendary power Jiri has a granite chin but gets clipped a lot who takes this fight

As someone who thinks Hill has the potential to reach the top it's still too early to judge his chances against the best LHW's. Crute is someone outside the top 10 he was supposed to beat(IMO,others felt differently), Jiri, Rakic and Ankalaev IMO are at a different level among the UFC LHW's and KO'ing Crute isn't quite enough to put him in that group.

KO'ing lower ranked opponents quickly doesn't tell us much and IMO hype trains built on that are more likely to come tumbling down. I'm kind of on board this one I def think he'll be relevant at LHW and think he should be top 5 but Jiri is arguably number 1.

But hey we might have found our fourth member of this generations big 4.

As someone who thinks Hill has the potential to reach the top it's still too early to judge his chances against the best LHW's. Crute is someone outside the top 10 he was supposed to beat(IMO,others felt differently), Jiri, Rakic and Ankalaev IMO are at a different level among the UFC LHW's and KO'ing Crute isn't quite enough to put him in that group.

KO'ing lower ranked opponents quickly doesn't tell us much and IMO hype trains built on that are more likely to come tumbling down. I'm kind of on board this one I def think he'll be relevant at LHW and think he should be top 5 but Jiri is arguably number 1.

even smith couldn t ko crute and hill s only loss is craig who also submited ankalaev btw

I'd take Hill by knockout.

Jamahal is at least 2 fights away from being able to fight Jiri

Not sure how you thought he was pillow fisted.

Great matchup. Love to see it.

he matches up with Jiri better than anyone you listed. Jiri is reckless his entire career which I love.
This fight isn’t happening anytime soon but would be a great fight.
And hill could do well in a fight against Jiri just due to the style.

Reactions: JSN
he matches up with Jiri better than anyone you listed. Jiri is reckless his entire career which I love.
he could also very well clip and chin Rakic

even smith couldn t ko crute and hill s only loss is craig who also submited ankalaev btw

"Even Smith". I know he's ranked number 4 but that ranking is very misleading and getting stopped by him after a round doesn't speak well to Crute's chances against elite opponents.

Craig beating Hill was one of the biggest L's I've taken prediction wise watching MMA. I was honestly shocked and think Craig got lucky.

Ankalaev was in his mid 20s and many elite fighters careers have losses to guys who are worse than Craig at that point. Ankalaev only just starting facing elite competition. Jiri got KO'd by King Mo.

"Even Smith". I know he's ranked number 4 but that ranking is very misleading and getting stopped by him after a round doesn't speak well to Crute's chances against elite opponents.

Craig beating Hill was one of the biggest L's I've taken prediction wise watching MMA. I was honestly shocked and think Craig got lucky.

Ankalaev was in his mid 20s and many elite fighters careers have losses to guys who are worse than Craig at that point. Ankalaev only just starting facing elite competition. Jiri got KO'd by King Mo.
yeah shure make excuses for your boy but Crute unlike that guy beat and submited Craig while being youger and Hill just sleep him faster than Anthony Smith who is one of the best guys in the divison hell he did better against Glover than Santos and Jan

This might turn out to be true it's just too early to say IMO. Sherdog is prone to overeacting to every event and if you told me this same opinion in a month or two I'd honestly value it more. I've thought Hill's had a high ceiling for awhile but I think jumping from KO'ing Crute to saying he'd beat Jiri is a little much. I mean just a few weeks ago people overreacting to the Craig fight thought the UFC was feeding Hill to Crute and not vice e versa.

Jiri's recklessness is a weakness that I see a technical fighter like Rakic the most likely to exploit. While I think Rakic is most likely to end up the best and think people are more excited by Jiri due to style we honestly have no idea how they or Ankalaev compare to each other nm Hill who hasn't fought a top 10 guy yet. There's also Corey Anderson and Nemkov in Bellator. Can't do the argument justice until these guys actually fight IMO. Reyes, Volkan and Thiago Santos even Krylov are opponents who'd offer us a better idea of if Hill's in that group or not.

Hill's seems to have all the tools and traits needed how those tools look against better competition can be completley different. I'm also skeptical about putting too much stock in early KO's where we don't get to see much. Hill might have a chance against Jiri but Hill hasn't proven it yet IMO.

This might turn out to be true it's just too early to say IMO. Sherdog is prone to overeacting to every event and if you told me this same opinion in a month or two I'd honestly value it more. I've thought Hill's had a high ceiling for awhile but I think jumping from KO'ing Crute to saying he'd beat Jiri is a little much. I mean just a few weeks ago people overreacting to the Craig fight thought the UFC was feeding Hill to Crute and not vice e versa.

Jiri's recklessness is a weakness that I see a technical fighter like Rakic the most likely to exploit. While I think Rakic is most likely to end up the best and think people are more excited by Jiri due to style we honestly have no idea how they or Ankalaev compare to each other nm Hill who hasn't fought a top 10 guy yet. There's also Corey Anderson and Nemkov in Bellator. Can't do the argument justice until these guys actually fight IMO. Reyes, Volkan and Thiago Santos even Krylov are opponents who'd offer us a better idea of if Hill's in that group or not.

Hill's seems to have all the tools and traits needed how those tools look against better competition can be completley different. I'm also skeptical about putting too much stock in early KO's where we don't get to see much. Hill might have a chance against Jiri but Hill hasn't proven it yet IMO.
Jiri s longer reach and crazy pressure plus natural strength would be a nigthmare for rakic s pillow fists and glass jaw
Hill on the other hand has the accuracy boxing and ko power to clip him and finish the job

Sherdog loves overreactions people though Hill was done after Craig fight too.

Hill could end up like Jones going from borderline top 10 to GOAT in a year or he could be Johnny Walker we really don't know until he fights the best guys. Jan and Glover being left over from the last era at the top of the rankings is certainly delaying the answers to these questions that's for sure. Assuming Jiri gets the next title shot and beats Glover that could be almost a year until we get to see him start fighting the murderors row at LHW and at best Hill is going to be third in this line.

While I think we've come to the conclusion Reyes and Volkan can beat anyone but usually won't we really don't know that much about everyone else. Even Santos is confusing as hes a monster with an extra 20 pounds at LHW but suffered a serious injury. The ring rust from the fight with Glover was proven to be temporary but we don't know where he fits into all this either.

Remember someone like Jones jumped from borderline top 10 to champ because the whole division got injured at the same time. If everyone stayed healthy it might have taken Jones another year or two.

With Hill it's really hard to tell how he looks against better guys. Look at Walker when you change the competition he was able to do things he just can't against the best guys.

Last edited:
Back