UFC 269: Nunes Vs Pena - Fight Preview

If she wins she will be maybe second behind bisping in longest time in the company after tuf. That’s really cool

If big IF Pena didnt break her knee during or close after TUF stuff maybe.. Nunes......... but stranger thing's have happen...

Go watch Shevchenko vs Pena. Then imagine Pena vs someone she can't physically push to the fence.

Then go watch Nunes vs de Randemie. Nunes is willing to take a difficult but certain road to victory.

Then imagine how you'd feel about Pena vs Cyborg.

I like wmma. But for a lot of the champs, across organizations, you're to see the champ put on a clinic. If you want a technical, yet violent fight, it's pretty much top-five strawweight

125 up is witness to the execution.

pena only getting this because Nunes has beaten everyone. Valentina is still the 2nd best BW in the world if she ever wanted to test herself at that weight again.

Go watch Shevchenko vs Pena. Then imagine Pena vs someone she can't physically push to the fence.
Pena has had plenty of fights where she couldn’t physically push fighters to the fence and still won. Nicco and McMann held her by cage but still got taken down. Also, Nicco looked huge in that fight and Pena took that fight on short notice after having a baby and being inactive for nearly two years.

People think Pena is just an aggressive grappler that uses her physical strength to win fights, but she has a lot of skill.

Thanks for sharing. Always excited for a Nunes title fight. While Pena has shown some talents, I feel Nunes is better in every facet of the game. Any type of Pena victory would be a 'She shocked the world!' moment. We shall see.

I like them both, i just hope its a good fight not another Meghan Anderson

Making the call right now:

Most of the fight would be on the feet with almost no grappling because Amanda would dismantle her on the feet.

Amanda will use speed, footwork and range to frustrate Pena to keep the distance with kicks and long range combinations. Pena will try to use the tried/tested method of rushing in with those "looking for a switch in the dark" punching while running she used against Germaine and Valentina to pin them to the cage to get into the clinch with knees to their ribs. It won't work with Amanda since Amanda loves "fire fights" and will land those power bombs while Pena tries to back her up. Once Amanda has landed a few power bombs on her face, Pena will start to look dazed and confused as her game plan of grinding it out and making it a 'dirty fight' would fail. Amanda will either launch a full out barrage of punches or she will take Pena down and submit her.

Amanda via round 1 or round 2 KO/TKO or submission.

If Pena was smart she would compliment Nunes all week and ask her about being a parent. This would possibly disarm the Lioness. However, I'm sure Pena will say something asinine and piss Nunes off...which will start a chain reaction of events that leads to Pena getting KTFO and laying face down on the canvas in a pool of her own blood.

Jarl

If Pena wins this it'll be widely considered the biggest upset in MMA history.

Another quality match up for Nunes.

Pena has no stand up, is stiff and slow as molasses and got subbed by GDR before she beat a ghost of McMann (lol) in January. Her last victory before getting choked out by GDR (yes, deserves another mention) was against one of the female GOATs and a future hall of famer Nicco Montano in 2019.

<5>

Impressive, Pena deserves a title shot as much as anyone and we’re in for a good, competitive fight.

Was that enough sarcasm? :eek:

We all know this but man... What a fucking joke of a division that has like 4 girls in total and anyone from 135 that hasn't lost 9/10 fights can just go up and probably receive a TS right away.
Just scrub the division ffs and don't continue this circus.
Dana wanted to scrub men's flyweights for some reason but doesn't mind keeping this division? Sounds legit.

Thanks for sharing. Always excited for a Nunes title fight. While Pena has shown some talents, I feel Nunes is better in every facet of the game. Any type of Pena victory would be a 'She shocked the world!' moment. We shall see.
No problem. In my opinion, if Nunes can’t put Pena away in the first round, I think Pena wears her down and finishes her.
Nunes has looked amazing because most of her opponents stood at range and let Nunes pace herself. Her only loss in the UFC was to Cat and Julianna fights similar to Cat. Two aggressive wrestlers with no intention of standing in the pocket and I think that’s the worst matchup for Nunes. She doesn’t have great cardio and you need to make her expend energy with wrestling. I believe all Nunes losses were to grapplers too.

Back