I love how the spider fights and fought but...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Is he very disrespectful towards other fighters or he just doesn’t know he is? In every fight win or lose, if u pay a close attention, Silva acts as if he let the other guy win. Also, is that the reason why Nick Diaz trolled him so bad?

Was Silva disrespectful or not be honest?

Last edited:
He’s a “showboater”. I think his antics are more about making himself look slick more so than denigrating the opponent with disrespect. But it has often come off as disrespectful. Ironic when one considers how much AS does not like to be disrespected. Case in point - how he handled Vitor for his “faces” comment about AS. Nevertheless, AS is one of the MMA world’s “personalities”. Love it or hate it - it gets attention.

He didn't sound like that to me after the weidman fights. He paid a lot of respect to weidman before the fight, sincerely and sternly told the media to "respect this guy." It didn't come across as the GOAT at the height of his reign (which he was at the time) trying to talk up an unworthy challenger. He pointed out his wrestling, his age, his undefeated record and everything else people were chirping about weidman.
You are talking about after the fight though... and from what I remember he was mostly answering questions about leaving his chin out and its been a long time but I vaguely remember him talking about his footwork and body positioning that lead to him being open to the ko?
Perhaps I'm wrong.

Do you have the video of specifically what you are talking about. I honestly don't remember very well, that shit I wrote up there is just what my stoner brain recalls.

Silva incorporates "showboating" in his style similar to someone like Roy Jones Jr. Basically he wants to piss you off so you make mistakes. It isn't anything to being disrespectful even though on the surface that is how most fans take it as.

He's like Muhammad Ali. They're showmen they like to belittle their opponent before the fight, they think highly of themselves and they can walk the walk after talking the talk. Silva was really unique in MMA.

I never looked at him as dishonorable. In fact he was usually nice to his opponent after defeating them. Even invited one of the biggest jerks in MMA at the time, Chael Sonnon, over to his house for a BBQ after beating him!

Showboating is a viable way to make opponents make mistakes, that's all.

Unless it's dirty during a fight, I don't care.

Anderson was incredibly respectful to every guy he fought before and after unless there was bad blood between them like there was with Vitor and Chael. Outside of that, Anderson was all class.

If he showboated during a fight, well, who gives a shit, really? They're trying to hurt obe another until one of them is incapacitated.

He is a respectful mma fighter but once in that octagon, he uses mind games to fuck with his opponents reads and timing.

He always shakes hands and acknowledges his opponents afterwards win or lose.

if u pay a close attention ...

What if I don't?

It's a competition over everything else. As long as it's within the rules, do what you need to do to win. If that includes a little psychological warfare, so be it.

Back