Times That Dana White Bottled It

Siver!

Sedriques Dumbass Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Without turning this into ANY kind of political thread, I'm looking for times that Dana White has bottled it and failed to enforce the companies own rules and policies.

It feels to me it's happening more and more as Dana let's standards slip (towards the end of his tenure as UFC President?)

So what do you think? Times Dana bottled it?

Most recently we had the failure to punish Oron Kahlon for racism, potentially giving overt racism the green light, while in recent weeks we've also seen the green light given to multiple fighters to miss weight so badly their fight takes place at a weight class ABOVE at the last minute (ie, fight week)! Obviously Nick Diaz, then Paulo Costa are the examples.

Can you guys think of any other issues Dana has given weak responses to that once felt like massive infractions in the past year or two?

If the racism was from the Afghani to the Israeli Jew things would have been different. It would have been front page news all over the Western hemisphere with the ADL and other Jewish orgs breathing down the neck of the UFC calling for Javid to be made an example out of.

Dana bottled it when Khabib said he'll walk if his friends get cut.

Oh, err, Dana White Contender Series.

Giving out two contracts in one fight (WTF), then giving a contract to a man that failed to make weight.

Like it's no big deal to lose or come in overweight, come on Dana.

Nate Diaz calls Brian Caraway a :eek::eek::eek:: fined and indefinitely suspended

Conor McGregor calls Andre Fili a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:: nothing

Not to mention Conor not getting punished for saying Ronda and Miesha should be riding his dick and sucking his toes instead of fighting, calling Dennis Siver a Nazi, the bus attack, or threatening to kill Dustin Poirier and his family

Nate Diaz calls Brian Caraway a :eek::eek::eek:: fined and indefinitely suspended

Conor McGregor calls Andre Fili a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:: nothing

Not to mention Conor not getting punished for saying Ronda and Miesha should be riding his dick and sucking his toes instead of fighting, calling Dennis Siver a Nazi, the bus attack, or threatening to kill Dustin Poirier and his family
The Ronda and Miesha one was good not gonna lie

People miss weight all the time, the UFC has a long history of having criminals as fighters... this isn’t anything new

Reactions: G10
I think he's done this most frequently when it comes to issues of domestic violence with UFC fighters. He was happy to make an example of prelim fighter Will Chope when info came out about his dv record from years before fighting in the UFC. However, he was happy to promote Greg Hardy, Rumble Johnson, and many others. He never said anything to directly address Jon Jones' multiple allegations, outside of the the aforementioned "we'll see how this thing plays out" line. I think his most cowardly example of bottling it was with Thiago Silva; that one's a little bizarre to me because Silva was never really a major headliner to begin with.

Other examples involve the multiple times that he's thrown UFC officials and affiliated persons under the bus. "Stitch Duran was never my friend" comes to mind. Then, there was the classless handling of Mike Goldberg. He's also happy to personally attack many reporters when they're doing their job without ever really apologizing or acknowledging any of it.

Can't wait for some Southern white dude to drop the N word we the ER, especially on the mic after a fight, would love to see Dana and the UFC's response.
"This isn't the nice business, fighters say mean things, the beautiful thing is the fighters can settle it in the cage... blah blah"

Can't wait for some Southern white dude to drop the N word we the ER, especially on the mic after a fight, would love to see Dana and the UFC's response.
"This isn't the nice business, fighters say mean things, the beautiful thing is the fighters can settle it in the cage... blah blah"

Dana is actively encouraging this to happen.

He might not be intelligent enough to see that this is the inevitable endgame of what he's doing, but if this happens on Disney-ESPN he's going to be in huge trouble.

If I understand the question. Conor should have received some kind of punishment from the UFC for the dolly incident. Or when he was firing off full Monster cans into a live audience at that second Nate presser. Both those incidents put innocent people in harms way. And even caused fights to be cancelled for the dolly incident.

Even a token fine or suspension would have at least sent the right message. He wasn’t fighting at the time of the dolly incident. So a 6 month suspension. And a paltry fine for the second Nate fight.

Just my opinion.

Politically Correct is silly in that it creates a tool to remove freedom of speech. People from Israel are in the habit of stereotyping the Palestinians for being a huge threat to terrorism. Anyone under terror will stereotype people, just ask a rape victim. People are smart enough to know why he tried to insult him by calling him a terrorist. People are smart enough to know he stereotyped him when trying to insult him. Only dumb people fall for stereotyping people and you can't fix stupid except with a gun. But I know most don't care and the reality is what people say is not the threat if they have not threatened the person or encouraged violence. Most people don't care but these politically correct movements benefit themselves only and not the people.

Do you want to live in world where everything you say can be used against you? Or to be labeled less and made a public lesser? Through the media, or the minority, the top few, they do everything to an individual that they claim they are defending so ...name calling and stereotyping and all of it.

All you can be is set the good example and people like that get respect, not someone who calls someone a terrorist or any other word. But how are you setting the good example if it is forced? Don't let others ever play parent with you, it will only make you soft.

Thats why when I go to work I try figure everything out on my own as much as possible. I don't let anyone try to play parent. I parent myself basically so no one else does. I always make sure I note exactly what people tell me so they can't twist it later on. That way I can say NO , you said... Those dirt bags that try to push you always twist what they say and try to get you to let them boss you by asking them for things. Its these same kind of people that like Political correctiveness. Its just a tool and they see people as objects to advance themselves only.

Last edited:
Politically Correct is silly in that it creates a tool to remove freedom of speech. People from Israel are in the habit of stereotyping the Palestinians for being a huge threat to terrorism. Anyone under terror will stereotype people, just ask a rape victim. People are smart enough to know why he tried to insult him by calling him a terrorist. People are smart enough to know he stereotyped him when trying to insult him. Only dumb people fall for stereotyping people and you can't fix stupid except with a gun. But I know most don't care and the reality is what people say is not the threat if they have not threatened the person or encouraged violence. Most people don't care but these politically correct movements benefit themselves only and not the people.

Do you want to live in world where everything you say can be used against you? Or to be labeled less and made a public lesser? Through the media, or the minority, the top few, they do everything to an individual that they claim they are defending so ...name calling and stereotyping and all of it.

All you can be is set the good example and people like that get respect, not someone who calls someone a terrorist or any other word. But how are you setting the good example if it is forced? Don't let others ever play parent with you, it will only make you soft.

Thats why when I go to work I try figure everything out on my own as much as possible. I don't let anyone try to play parent. I parent myself basically so no one else does. I always make sure I note exactly what people tell me so they can't twist it later on. That way I can say NO , you said... Those dirt bags that try to push you always twist what they say and try to get you to let them boss you by asking them for things. Its these same kind of people that like Political correctiveness. Its just a tool and they see people as objects to advance themselves only.

Can't see I agree with any of that, but mostly I'm confused because it's not really an example of Dana slacking.

There are plenty of examples.

Costa and Diaz were big fights, he is a promoter, in the end he doesnt care which weight the fights happens in as long as they actually happen, he couldnt afford to lose a decent main event and a huge fight on a PPV, check the stats on the pre-fight media for Lawler vs Diaz, that was the biggest draw there for some reason.

Without turning this into ANY kind of political thread, I'm looking for times that Dana White has bottled it and failed to enforce the companies own rules and policies.

It feels to me it's happening more and more as Dana let's standards slip (towards the end of his tenure as UFC President?)

So what do you think? Times Dana bottled it?

Most recently we had the failure to punish Oron Kahlon for racism, potentially giving overt racism the green light, while in recent weeks we've also seen the green light given to multiple fighters to miss weight so badly their fight takes place at a weight class ABOVE at the last minute (ie, fight week)! Obviously Nick Diaz, then Paulo Costa are the examples.

Can you guys think of any other issues Dana has given weak responses to that once felt like massive infractions in the past year or two?
Dana agrees with free speech even if he doesn't like it or agrees with it. He condemned the racists remarks from what I've seen others post about it, I haven't got a chance to watch it yet. But Dana has always been about not making things political in the fighting sphere. It's more about the fights than anything else.

Also he's making Costa move to LHW. So he is getting punished. Having the fight at another weight is better than not having the fight at all. Sometimes you have to weigh in the positives and negatives, losing the main event just because you want to be strict on your policies in that situation wouldn't be the best option. You lose the main event fight instead of finding a middle ground to make it work at that moment. Punish the action later like Dana is doubling down on making Costa move to LHW for missing weight by that much.

Dana only cares about his pockets. He lets anything slide, if he knows a fighter can make him money. The guy is a scumbag through and through.

Back