Rumored Diego Ferreira (#11 LW) vs Mateusz Gamrot in the works

SherdogWasNeverMyFriend

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Grant Dawson was scheduled to fight Diego Ferreira at UFC Fight Night 193 but Diego pulled out due to injury. In his recent interview with James Lynch, Grant Dawson was asked if he's still interested in this fight to which he responded:
Absolutely. I would love to fight Diego but I don't think that's gonna happen. The word on the street is...and I've just heard it from non reliable sources, so don't believe me, but the word on the street is Gamrot is getting that fight. He deserves that fight, so good for him. I'm glad Diego will have an opponent. That's definitely something I will look forward in the future but like I said, I'm in no position to make demands.
Mateusz Gamrot lost his debut to controversial split decision against Guram Kutateladze (Khamzat teammate) and then went on to a two fights winning streak finishing Scott Holtzman and Jeremy Stephens. Pole is the former KSW two division champ (featherweight and lightweight) with the record of 19-1. In 2019 he won the European ADDC Championship and his kimura submission on Jeremy Stephens broke the record for the fastest kimura finish in the UFC.

That's a big announcement if true. LW can have another future contender in the making. Imo, looking at the last fight of Ferreira with Gillespie, I'm seeing Gamrot dominating the Brazilian. But what's your thoughts Sherbros?

CDF pulls out of fights too much to get excited about this matchup. I'll save my enthusiasm until they are in the cage together

Grant Dawson via RNC R3

Edit :
I click wrong name...
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
War Mateusz! I have high hopes for him.

Any idea of when this fight will take place?

I've seen interview where Gamrot said something about that he want to fight one more time this year. Most likely december.
Great match up. I have Gamrot on this one. To be fair he is highly skilled and I would bet on him against most of top15.

Gamrot will be a UFC champion, but I think he might need two cracks at Makhachev in 2023/24.

Great fight if it happens, Gamrot has really impressed me even in defeat to Kutateladze (and that guy looked special).
And even if it was, there's absolutely no way Grant would sub either guy. And I don't mean that just because he was nearly death in his last third round either, Ferreira and Gamrot are legit as fuck on the ground.

Wow what a fight! Too bad CDF is a pullout merchant. Plus Gamrot is one whore of a matchup for anyone.

Back