Last night proved we still love trash talking aspect of the sport

king of theRing

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After that guy who called other fighter a " terrorist " got dismantled, it was posted everywhere, and was getting alot of buzz around it, and most I ever seen from DWCS in a very long time.

Now granted that was too far, and I only condone that for Ali abidialazizes. But why do we bitch about the fight hyping fighters so much when we still give it the most attention?

After that guy who called other fighter a " terrorist " got dismantled, it was posted everywhere, and was getting alot of buzz around it, and most I ever seen from DWCS in a very long time.

Now granted that was too far, and I only condone that for Ali abidialazizes. But why do we bitch about the fight hyping fighters so much when we still give it the most attention?
I dont hide my love of good trash talk and see no reason why anyone would.

The terrorist thing was a really stupid thing to say,but man people are really overreacting to that in my opinion.

Meh. I could do without it. UFC back in the day - fighters were quiet and I enjoyed that more. Plus way too many guys suck at it. It’s embarrassing most of the time.

but whatever

Bisping is without question the trash talk GOAT.

Re: Alan Belcher calling out Bisping:

Michael Bisping responds to Alan Belcher calling him out, saying "The Talent's" tattoo artist, who inked his infamous Johnny Cash tattoo, is the real asshole: "I suppose he thinks he can get back in the mix by calling me out. But if he wants an easy fight he should sue his tattooist for that abomination on his arm. I know Belcher has vision problems right now but we still have to look at that mess. He’s got a lot of nerve calling me an a--hole when he walks round with that on him. Although lets be fair, the real a--hole is the tattooist who drew that." Quote via Fighter's Only magazine.

Last edited:
Meh. I could do without it. UFC back in the day - fighters were quiet and I enjoyed that more. Plus way too many guys suck at it. It’s embarrassing most of the time.

but whatever

Fighters have been talking mess in just about every era of the UFC. It's just more prevalent now that the sport is bigger and the roster has grown exponentially. Tito and the Lions Den serves as a good example.

but whatever

Bisping is without question the trash talk GOAT.
Re: Alan Belcher calling out Bisping:

Michael Bisping responds to Alan Belcher calling him out, saying "The Talent's" tattoo artist, who inked his infamous Johnny Cash tattoo, is the real asshole: "I suppose he thinks he can get back in the mix by calling me out. But if he wants an easy fight he should sue his tattooist for that abomination on his arm. I know Belcher has vision problems right now but we still have to look at that mess. He’s got a lot of nerve calling me an a--hole when he walks round with that on him. Although lets be fair, the real a--hole is the tattooist who drew that." Quote via Fighter's Only magazine.

Harold Howard hyped up fights just fine back then

Human nature

We love grudge matches or matches that create emotion

Some just don't want to admit it

That thrashtalk was more accurate. No need to hit old mens at bars or throwing a dolly to a van.

Personally I prefer the fighters who don't trash talk but to each their own.

Human nature

We love grudge matches or matches that create emotion

Some just don't want to admit it

So true. And I yet to figure out why they never admit it. They are that insecure about it. I guess cause they think since it can link to pro wrestling? Like people that know them give a shit what he/she/ him/her/ their/they/those things watches on his off time.

News flash.....

Fighters have been talking mess in just about every era of the UFC. It's just more prevalent now that the sport is bigger and the roster has grown exponentially. Tito and the Lions Den serves as a good example.
Tank was talking trash long before Tito, so yeah it has always been a part of the sport.

That has reached new heights though, there is no question. The trashy fan factor has gone to near-WWE level in MMA. The big mouths dominate the media as well as the top fighting opportunities.

Pathetic.

Tank was talking trash long before Tito, so yeah it has always been a part of the sport.

That has reached new heights though, there is no question. The trashy fan factor has gone to near-WWE level in MMA. The big mouths dominate the media as well as the top fighting opportunities.

Pathetic.

Not so sure about that last part, though some smack can propel a good fighter.

I hate trash talk and I am surprised how many posters here cannot believe that ppl like me exist.

I understand emotions, revenge and grudges but trash talk for the sake of hype I find detestable.

There's a few of us lurking. You aren't alone

Who said the vast majority of this forum doesn't?

<{vega}>

Nobody in their right mind likes shit trash talk like that, people were happy to see such a disgusting person get beat up.

I hate trash talk and I am surprised how many posters here cannot believe that ppl like me exist.

I understand emotions, revenge and grudges but trash talk for the sake of hype I find detestable.

But it works. As long as you don't go personal like that guy did with " terrorist" ( unless you're ali) and don't bring family into it, I'm fine with it. Even the people who hates it, will watch to see that guy get their ass whooped. Getting bored by the whole crowd is way better in your favor than them being silent

Back